Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-01-21, 09:52 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Month of December

Hi everyone. I'm starting a new thread for December.

My workout yesterday was ICE Low Impact Sweat cardio 1 & 2 combined + a yoga practice from Youtube. The yoga practice was pretty funny as the instructor's dog decided to take nap on the yoga mat and the instructor had to work around the dog the whole time.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 10:29 AM  
Vantreesta

JBliff, thanks for starting us off for the month! Which instructor did you use for that yoga practice? I love ones where their pets make an appearance!

Last night Cheryl said her dad was doing about the same but less agitated. The good news is that the blood clot is very small and not in the main part of the lung so it sounds like it should be pretty easily taken care of.

I don't know what kind of books you guys read but if you like kind of scifi type stuff, maybe my friend's books would interest you. You can find them on Amazon if you search for Claudia Blood. I have only read one so far. If I remember right there may have been a small amount of swearing, in case that is smthg that you prefer to avoid. I can't wait to start the next one!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 08:20 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Have to have a tooth extracted today. I had an extra day to take off so I ran about 6.5 miles this am and had my appt this afternoon. The oral surgeon said he expected it to be difficult to remove but it came right out. I am having almost no pain. Yippee!

Vannie I like to read just about anything. How about you? Do you do audiobooks?
How bout audiobooks for you Jbliff? I know you like to read. Are some audiobooks free? I hate to start a subscription.

Cher I am thinking of you. Maybe you can stop by and just say hi sometime. It sounds good that the blood clot in the lungs is small. How is swallowing going?

Gibbee have you had any really cold weather yet?

Thanks for starting our new month Jbliff.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 06:53 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a walk with DH + Boss Loops Glutes & Core.

Karjoy - I only listen to audiobooks when we are on a trip. I read fast, and audio books take too long. I get 99.9% of my books and audio books from the library so they're always free .

Vannie - The yoga practice with the dog is from Forever Yoga with Susannah. It's a 36-minute standing practice with lots of balance work.

Cher
- Thinking of you and your family.

Gibbee - I hope you and your family are doing well.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
Old 12-02-21, 09:13 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Quick post: just a 2.7 mile run after work since the dentist said go a bit easy today.

Jbliff thanks for the input about audiobooks. I think I just won’t get into that. Most of my books I read on my Kindle ap on my phone but I still buy some real books too. I need to use the library more. I never thought about audiobooks taking a long time. Makes sense. I am a fast reader too. Thanks for saving me money!

Waves to all.
Old 12-03-21, 08:02 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. Please see Cher's post in November's thread:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=231978&page=8

Cher - I am so so sorry about the news. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Old 12-04-21, 09:35 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved father. My heart goes out to you. And I must say I admire the courage of you and your family not to go forward with invasive measures. NEVER have I met someone who would want that in many years of nursing. We are here for you.
Old 12-04-21, 10:23 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - Thinking of you today.
Old 12-04-21, 10:36 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, I am so sorry about your dad. I'm glad you were with him and agree with Karen in admiring the courage you all had to make that hard decision. My prayers are with you all. Sending you big hugs.

I was in AZ for almost three weeks with my dad and other family. Got home last night. Very long drive to do alone in two days! Well, Cyric was with me but no help driving or keeping away the sleepies!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 04:35 PM  
Cher

Thank you everyone. It’s been a rough couple weeks. It just doesn’t seem real that I’ll never see my dad’s smiling face and sparkling eyes again.

Funeral visitation is Wednesday and actual funeral is Thursday.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote