Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-02-21, 01:25 AM  
Helen

Every Day in DECEMBER ?! Join in for a head start on 2022 - ALL welcome!!

Welcome to the Every Day Checkin!
We are a small group who aim to do some form of physical activity every day, whatever that means for YOU (but don't kid yourself about it either)

Let's see this year out the way we want to start the next one - BIG!

NEWCOMERS, RETURNERS, LURKERS,... might as well say:

EVERYONE
is WELCOME!

Daily posts - not mandatory, nor even "sternly preferred" - but we love it if you do.
Weekly posts, drive-by notes, daily essays all about you.... any of those are perfectly fine - no pressure, EXCEPT to diligently try to add serious movement to your day - every day.

Lexicon:
WERD = Well Earned Rest Day, but even rest days can include movement
TERD = Totally Expected Rest Day, though not especially well-earned, like a planned happy event
TURD = Totally Unexpected Rest Day, hopefully also a happy event
HERD = of TURDS - usually declared after the THIRD TURD in a row. Try to avoid these at all costs, as they can move in & get comfortable, getting OUT of your comfort zone is the way to make change happen
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 05:25 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

December

Helen: Copied or not? Don't care. It's still lovely!!! Thanks for starting us off.

Lili: waves!!! I forget what my comments were for the November thread. lol

Did I even finish my November check in? Will go back and check later. I'm just trying to get my arrow.

Will check in later.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 05:59 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Thank you once again for starting us off! Love your graphics!
Waves to Cleda!
Any lurkers, now's the time to join in, just one month left of 2021.

12/1 - dog walk
GHU's Pyramid Walk (a treadmill w/o)
12/2 - dog walk
KCM's Split Sessions, Lower Body

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 06:20 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

YIKES ....it's already the third

So I better get cracking and post my workouts. Before I get too far behind!

12/1/2021: AM: 1.25 miles on the tread (forget who I did --- Peloton I'm sure!) PM: Macebell 10 mins. + 30 mins. Jess King Elton John walk on the tread, row 20 mins. (The one that didn't count towards Hydrow since it kicked me out with 3 or 4 mins. to go. Now I've done it, all is right with the hydrow world.)

12/2/2021: Run 3.25 miles with Jermaine somebody on Peloton (new instructor - JJ), 5 mins. core with Emma, 5 mins. runner's stretch

12/3/2021: 45 minutes hike with Kirsten Ferguson (used 10, 12, 14 & 15 incline ) then followed with a 15 mins. recovery run with Becs Gentry for another little over a mile, 10 mins. cool down ride with Bradley Rose (cuz I just missed him ) and 2 hours of pickleball

In case you saw a theme - I have joined a 3 miles daily for the month of December challenge. (Robin Arzon). She says you can walk, run, crawl... but it should be 6000 steps and 30 mins. Well, I can't get 3 miles in in 30 mins, but I'm doing my best and working the challenge at 3 miles a day

Today? In all honesty was supposed to be 20-20-20 (20 tread, 20 bike, 20 row) ... I figure that's gotta count, but somehow, decided, "WHY NOT TRY A HIKE?" Good grief! what was I thinking???

The macebell workout I chose was all lunges (forward, backwards, sideways) with bow and arrow arms to a row .... Interesting and holy mackeral was I sore the next day (yesterday!) I also think I can do this one in the house without taking out the ceiling light/fan.

Waves to all. Hope the DOMs isn't too bad tomorrow. Gotta run .....
Waves to all. Makin' December count!
Cleda
Old 12-05-21, 08:25 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Just checking in

Waves to all! Just checking in as time has that funny way of getting away from us. I worked yesterday, so got my 3 miles in before work and then vegged all afternoon when I got home watching movies ....

12/4/2021: 10 mins. Warm up run, 30 mins. Endurance run with Matt, 5 mins. core with Emma, 5 mins. post run stretch with Matt.

Matt gives the BEST running pointers. I do enjoy doing his workouts for form, pointers, etc. Along with his power zone rides, I feel like he is the most professional and really like doing his runs/rides.

that's it. i'm a little tired today. . . .
Questionable weather on the way for this week.
Here comes winter. . . with wintry mixes. Bah humbug.
Cleda
Old 12-05-21, 04:32 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - I think I've only done 1 hike with Peloton and it kicked my butt! I didn't even think about the 3 mile challenge, too much going on this month.

12/4 & 12/5 TURDS!
I expected it yesterday, since that was our yearly party, but today I'm just wiped out from lack of sleep. We were up late and I woke up super early. I did go back to bed for a little bit, but I am just out of whack. Tomorrow is a new day and I will hit it hard!

Old 12-06-21, 06:03 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Monday check in

Lili: I probably should have thought a little more before committing to the 3 mile a day challenge, but it was/is with Nancy and more to keep each other motivated. I'm going to do the best I can. Plod along. One day, one week, etc. at a time. I'm approaching 1 week of doing it (and tired!). I will see how it goes. I won't beat myself up if I have a less(er) day of workouts, as Robin Arzon also said, "any movement for 30 minutes counts" (although I don't do 3 miles in 30 mins. But I do feel I work out enough to have it count on most days). That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And no more TURDs for you today young lady! Remember my philosophy: NO TWO REST DAYS IN A ROW .... but you/we can get busy. (So I get it! and it's OK!!!!) It's been a LONGGGGG time since you've had that. Maybe you just needed it! I can totally understand the lack of sleep ....

Waves to Helen! I know she'll check in soon.

On to my favorite subject: ME, ME, ME

12/5/2021: Aquil's 30 minute Breathe Row, 48 minutes (S-L-O-W) walk on the treadmill. Got in 2.5 miles while watching a show on BritBox. 15 mins. Motown ride with Sam Yo, 2 hours of Pickleball

I am calling that 3 miles. I got in over 18k steps by the time all was said and done with the walk, the cycling, the pickleball. It was 44 degrees out yesterday and the weathermen are calling for questionable weather both today and Wed. I wanted to get outside and play pickleball one (possibly) last time before the weather gets too yucky for it. I don't like the cold, but I bundled up and kept moving. Had a great time. And I am getting better (or it was just a good day!) Either way? I'm taking it! I still have my indoor sessions on Fridays when I'm not working, so I life is good.

Britbox: I have a 2 month subscription to it, so I've been sampling different shows and movies. Right now? I'm watching a medical show set in the 1960s called "The Royal" about a cottage hospital. I'm enjoying it. I did need the slow walk and it counts. So life is good.

Ok, that's it for now. On to a new week !!!

Cleda
Old 12-06-21, 06:19 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I chased the TURDs away before they became a HERD!
3.48 mile run today, my pace improved slightly, and I wasn't really pushing it. I'm always happy with improvement, even if it's small!

I had totally planned on walking the dogs after my run, but Tally started limping, not using her back leg. She was fine all day, so not sure what happened. I couldn't take Baxter without her, she would have been devastated.
If she's still limping tomorrow, I will try to sneak Baxter out without her. We'll see how she's doing and see if we need a trip to the vet.

Old 12-06-21, 07:22 PM  
Helen

have a wee bit of time to catchup / check in

LILI
Well done on deturding!
Hope you can find Tally's issue - just a splinter needing to be removed, or even just something innocuous caught in her paw.

CLEDA
You're so right - yes, checking in at last.

1,2,3 JUST dog walks - 30th marked 2 weeks without DH, and when he said he not be back until today (7th)
Sat 4th Cathe - Intensity - Step Only Mix (Step + Max) 8" 1st half, 6" 2nd half. It was hard - hence dropping step height half-way.
Sun 5th Ellen Barrett - Fat Burning Fusion was boring
Mon 6th Tony Horton - P90M - Plyo Legs not as hard as my dread factor had me fearing. Some bits, sure, but overall - solid intermediate & matched the higher levels on the vid.

I've started several posts in the past week - one here (at home), one on the surface (at work), maybe another on the iPad, but never finish, so don't send.

Not long until holidays - last day is Friday-week, for 5 weeks.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 05:01 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I'll have to check Tally's feet for a splinter. She was walking better and better today, to the point where we were going to take them both for a walk. She even hopped onto a chair and then the table to get her harness put on. No, she is not supposed to be on the table, but sometimes she overshoots her mark. I went to get the box with their leashes and she was limping again. She must have jumped off of the table and re-injured her leg/foot.
Good to see you working out again! Sorry that hubby has been away so long, I know it's hard on you.

12/7 - Les Mills Body Pump, a 30 min. easier version for newbies, which I kind of am at this point.
Then a 20 min. Low Impact Cardio. They only have 4 classes in this category, and the one I tried was pretty boring and too easy.