Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-21, 01:33 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Checking in with a mix of short workouts:
- BellyfitTV Blossom & Glow
- HealthBarre Quick Tips for Buttocks & Thighs
- Karin Buoyantly through life ... (13m) YT
- Neighbourhood Walk
- YoQi For Happy Kidneys

Sherry - I signed up for the lifetime Body Groove membership too. It wasn't much more than the annual subscription, so it seemed worth it and I do like the practices. I'm really loving the new short routines at the moment. Hope you get to start with the classes soon. Enjoy your new iphone.

Beth - I look forward to hearing what you think of Bernie's class.

Linda - That's awful that you felt so poorly on your birthday. I'm glad Meow Meow was able to keep you company. She sounds like a real sweetie. Sorry for missing your birthday. Wishing you great health and much happiness in the coming year.

Waves Paine and all.
Old 12-08-21, 03:12 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Sorry for the outburst. My 85 yr old friend from where I grew up says this birthday is hard for me because I'm the same age as my parents when they died. Makes sense to me. Sorry.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-21, 04:32 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcritters View Post
Sorry for the outburst. My 85 yr old friend from where I grew up says this birthday is hard for me because I'm the same age as my parents when they died. Makes sense to me. Sorry.
Linda, I am so very sorry.

today's workouts:

sarabeth yoga-I forget the name, but it was one of her many 15 minute morning practices

Soul sweat with Lucy "Riding the Waves" 52 minutes

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-21, 05:49 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Margot, thank you. Yes, Meow Meow is a sweetie. She was a stray that picked me to take care of her. We take care of each other.

Thanks Sherry. If I hear the mailman tomorrow I'll get this box out to you.

Today I did a Barre beginner/refresher at SBF. I'm kind of afraid of Barre now because I can dislocate the replaced hip if I absentmindedly follow the cueing. I'll see how it goes.

My earache is still throbbing. I hope it just needs more time on the antibiotics.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 08:06 AM  
cyana

Quick pre-work post and run -

Yesterday:
Moderate resistance tubing/3 sets x 12 reps each:
Squats
Shoulder press
Biceps curls
Triceps press
Seated rows

I think there may have been something else, but I'm drawing a blank!

My MELT roller finally showed up yesterday. Apparently it had been on a bit of a Magical Mystery tour. I'd emailed MELT customer service on Monday and they confirmed it was shipped out at the same time as the mini balls that I got last Thursday and said if it hadn't shown up by today to let them know and they would follow up with the carrier. Thumbs up for their responsive customer service. I plan to activate my subscription this week-end and get to work on these wonky hips. I like the feel of the roller.

A belated Happy Birthday to Linda. I'm sorry that you had an earache - I used to get those when I was a kid and it was absolute misery. I remember one week-end I was staying with an aunt when I had one. She put some sort of warm oil in my ear and had me put a heating pad on it and then made me a fried bologna sandwich.

Sherry and Margot - I'm really not familiar with Body Groove. Was that some sort of Black Friday/Cyber Monday promotion? I watched one of her preview clips yesterday and it looks like something even I could do (she with 43 left feet, LOL!).

Waves to ALL - need to get logged into the work computer and move a few mountains today.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 08:32 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all - I've been reading all of your posts even though I've been minimally responsive this week. So happy it's the last full week of classes - it's also my last full week of work until probably late January.

I did wind up doing Bernie's practice yesterday (I haven't felt motivated to do much beyond yoga this week). I liked it; my back was feeling kind of messed up from sitting all day, so I think all the spine moves helped. I agree that Bernie could have allowed a bit more time for silent reflection, but overall, I didn't mind his talking - I mostly thought about what I could use in my own teaching. I did the meditation too, and ironically, I found that kind of tough because he was so silent then.

Linda, I hope your earache improves soon. Again, no need at all to apologize for having a difficult time this month. I remember my mom saying that she felt really weird when she reached the age where my grandfather died (just 69).

Margot, I think I've done that most recent Slings in Motion practice that you posted. They really do offer some great unique moves! Do you have a favorite?

Hi to Paine, Sherry, cyana, Karen Jo, Pat, Garrie - hope everyone is doing okay this week.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 08:33 AM  
sherry7899

Cyana, Body Groove had a Black Friday special on a lifetime membership and if you had previously bought dvds from her (I"m not sure if streaming subscriptions factored in) she took the amount you spent off of the lifetime membership price, which I think was $199 on sale? My lifetime was about $88, so it was worth it for me.

I am taking a rest from cardio/weights today. I did Yoga Upload Hips/thighs/feet. If it is not freezing I will take a short walk.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 09:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Fly by today. Yesterday I did Day 3 of Lucy's Advent Calendar, a 30 minute intervals workout of favorite moves. Also Day 4 of Bird's Everyday challenge. This morning I tried Kassandra's newest morning yin for hips and hamstrings, and really liked it. I love Bird and her style, but find I definitely gel more with Kassandra.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 11:34 AM  
JustSandra

Hi! A quick fly-by. I've fallen off the workout wagon for a few days, although I've gotten in some good outdoor walks -- I've been motivated to do so, as a stretch of rainy weather is forecast for next week.

Linda: A belated Happy Birthday! Sorry to hear about your ear. Your story about the conversation between your man and Miss MM made me smile!

Margot: Alas, I've never been to Europe. In fact, I haven't seen my second cousin in person in over 30 years. He was an attorney based in Norway, and now that he is retired he travels all over the world visiting his friends. I admit I do occasionally fantasize about him needing a housesitter!

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 11:45 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Raising the Bar (Upper Body workout plus calves)
YouTube: Kassandra's newest morning yin for hips and hamstrings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyHn...awithKassandra

I thought I'd be sore this morning from Cathe yesterday but I don't have any DOMS.

Pat, thank you for mentioning Kassandra's newest morning yin for hips and hamstrings! I did that one this morning and enjoyed it.

Beth, I previewed Bernie's practice and had to pass on it because it had well over 30 minutes of sitting poses and I can't do that.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gluten free