Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-21, 12:53 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Hello, All. Good to catch up with people. I'm behind and waiting for a carpenter so will keep this brief without a lot of personals.

Yesterday turned into a day off after very little and very bad sleep. A common theme, it looks like, Pat. Not a lot of steps. DH walked the dog. And took an additional walk himself after a comment by me about letting all his activity go. Yay! Otherwise, mostly been getting in a dog walk and one other short thing with bedtime stretches about half the time. Need to be better on the latter as they make a difference. Getting 4500 to 7500 steps in up until yesterday. Fortunately, I slept better and feel better today. Foggy and chilly this morning so it may be a bit before we get outside.

I got out Jane Adams' Beginners DVD after Margo mentioned the floor routine and did the one on disc 1 last Thursday. Thanks, Margot. I do the floor one on Gentle Yoga often and these two will be really nice additions. Not sure why I've never added them to my schedule before. I'm sure we all know that scenario. Then I started working through Season 14 of Classical Stretch. I think I mentioned in the past that Miranda did a really old VHS tape that was filmed in her parents' garden that I borrowed from VFer Karyn years ago. It was nice to see her working in that garden again. In the old tape she used a section of that split rail fence as a barre. She was much younger then. I think she and Sahra are out of Montreal and just living at the farm now. Anyone know for sure? Anyway, I've done the first three episodes before our dog walks and was actually doing 1403 on Sunday as Paine was posting that she'd done it, too. I want to get back to that and to try Jane's floor yoga on Beginners disc 2. Maybe I can get both in today, though I need to finish my houseplant repotting project and get that out of the kitchen.

Carpenter's here. Hope everyone is feeling well, sleeping well and has a complete set of appliances working well.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 01:55 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Today's workouts:
- Body Groove Swing (15m). I love these short classes and the music is great.
- Karin Strengthening Hip & Back Massage
- ETV Amanda's live class (standing & floor)

Pam - What a great hike. The scenery sounds spectacular.

Pat - Bernie is quite chatty but he's still my favourite Yin instructor. I laughed to myself because he said 'I'm going to be quiet now' but it wasn't very long before he started talking again.

Karen Jo - Yes, sleeping badly really messes up the following day. Glad you had a better night. You've reminded me now how much I like Jane Adams' floor practices. I think I'll plan on doing one tomorrow. I'm pretty sure my oven is about to go on the blink. It's been playing up lately and DH has to keep working on it. Hopefully, it'll last until after Christmas, as I can't see us getting a new oven in now before then. Hope your DH is doing well.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-07-21, 03:45 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Beth, does your mom do something for exercise or are you trying to get her started? Maybe if you just casually mention Cubii Jr and show her a pic, and tell her how people of all ages like it, maybe she'd take an interest?

I spent most of my birthday yesterday on the sofa with Meow trying to get rid of an earache. That's almost worse than a throbbing toothache. I thought it was interesting that no one at VF and in real life, other than SO and his family, bothered to tell me Happy Birthday. No big deal, just interesting.

Yesterday I did part of a seated Tai Chi practice with DDR. Meow Meow was being a cat so I played with her instead. Today I did 75 minutes with Cubii Jr. Someday I should use the recumbent bike or rowing machine. Nah.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 04:32 PM  
sherry7899

Linda, I am sorry I missed your birthday....I am very distracted this month. Hugs <3

Margot, I signed up for the lifetime Body Groove membership. I had to buy a Roku (luckily there was a black friday sale) to use it since the web browser on my Samsung Smart tv does not support her site. Sigh....I plan to start using it very soon.

Today's workouts:

Jessica Smith: Get Strong! Stepping Strength
Yoga Upload-Hips and thighs practice
20 minute outdoor walk

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 07:23 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Sherry, thank you. I was stating an observation really. I understand you being distracted. This is a bad month for me too. I don't think December will ever get easier for me. It's bad from beginning to end. I do thank you.

Old 12-07-21, 08:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, I never sign into VF via the front page so didn't get the reminder of your bday; sorry to have missed it! I know December is a tough month, and it sounds like it came on for you like a lion this year. RE my mom, she has sporadically used different things to exercise, so I don't want to push her, although my MIL, who has MS, likes her Cubii! Maybe I could mention it to her in that light.

Sherry, no apologizes need at all on the distraction! Are you still researching smartphones?

You all have me more curious about Bernie's class! I am going to try to do it either Thursday or Friday.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 09:07 PM  
sherry7899

Beth, I actually bought one! My son is going to help me set it up over the weekend. I had no intention of buying an I phone, but I found a new i phone XR on a black Friday deal for $250. Everyone I know basically only texts, so it will be worth it for me. My son hates android phones and said this one is very user friendly. We will see. I have had zero Apple products.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 09:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

That's great Sherry! I think you will have no issues with a learning curve; I mostly use PC products, but picking up my ipod was pretty easy. DH and I are planning to get the smallest iphones, the iphone SE, after the holidays.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-21, 12:30 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Beth - no worries. It's just a day in December among all the rest. My mom, my birthday, my SIL and MIL and Jerry's birthday. I just saw on the schedule that the SO is off Christmas Eve. I hope he isn't planning to be here. I'm sure your mom would enjoy Cubii. Too bad you can't rent one for her to try it.

Old 12-08-21, 11:26 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cathe Kick Max (Leg Conditioning Drills; Final Stretch)

I like that Cathe's Leg Conditioning Drills are done slow and controlled.

Pam, your hike through the forest sounds lovely.

Sherry, I hope you love your iPhone!

Linda, sorry we missed wishing you a happy birthday. As Beth mentioned, I too never sign into VF via the front page. I know this is a difficult month for you.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gluten free