Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-21, 10:37 AM  
cyana

TGIF!

So happy to be off today. I'm going to work out this afternoon since I can and will likely try to do Lee's live class today.

I'm sorry to hear so many are/have been "down in the back" the last week or so. I don't know if my speedy and aggressive (all day Sunday) TENS use made a difference, but I was certainly no worse for taking that approach and seemed to be back pretty close to normal by Tuesday.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 10:48 AM  
cyana

Oops - hit the submit button instead of preview.

I'm getting ready to make some kale chips. I'm hoping to try a recipe for Honey Mustard Kale Chips, but it calls for dry mustard and I have to double check to make sure I have some, since I haven't used it in quite a while. I'm also looking for some other healthy snack recipes, while I'm at it.

Pat - I haven't heard of fitbymik - will definitely have to check that out. It's mild here today, so I have no reason not to get out for a walk at some point.

Beth - Grrr on the cavities. I despise that rubbery face feeling after having a dental anesthetic.

Pam - I hear you on seeking my motivation. I've had really bad insomnia this week. No clue why, but I suspect that hasn't helped matters on this end. Do you know what your air fryer is lined with? I read the description on line and read what it isn't, but unless I totally missed it, didn't see what it is. You said yours was easy to clean and I'm all for easy cleaning, but preferably without all the icky non-stick chemicals that you can encounter.

Sandra - Thought about you when I opened up Windows and there was a picture of San Francisco. I haven't been there in I guess about 12 years now. I would imagine GWW's lower body would be tough for me even without the weights.

Waves to Sherry. I'm admiring your work-out consistency.

Linda - Hope your back is feeling better today.

Paine - Are you doing to be a doing a big holiday meal? Looks like DH and I will likely be on our own, so I'll likely do something non-traditional.

Need to run - since it's so mild, the furnace isn't running and a cup of hot tea sounds really nice about now. And I must go dig for the dry mustard. Otherwise I'll have to go to a Plan B kale chip recipe.

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 11:27 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Getting Better Upper Body workout plus Abs, Outer Thigh, Inner Thigh and Quads

This morning I had a great workout with Margaret's Getting Better.

I hope Margot is OK. I know the UK has been hit hard with the Omicron variant. Omicron will likely hit hard here in the USA too.

Beth, wow it's nice that your dentist was able to fill both cavities at your cleaning appointment. None of the dentists I've ever had did that for me. I always had to come back with a 2nd appointment for fillings.

Cyana, my daughter's husband loves to cook so he is going to make a lasagna and I'm not sure what else. He puts meat and cheese in his lasagna so I will either make a vegan lasagna soup or a vegan lasagna and a gigantic colorful salad. Let me know what you decide to cook for your holiday meal!

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 12:32 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Cyana - My air fryer is metal inside, no coating on it. I don’t use harsh chemicals, my all purpose cleaner is Norwex UPP laundry detergent mixed with water in a spray bottle. Sounds odd, but it works great. I use it with a Norwex enviro cloth.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 06:14 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Have any of you ever tried something like this? It certainly looks like good exercise and I like the music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aggd...nel=RageofMars
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-21, 09:39 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Barlates Easy Cardio
~MR Unplugged 1907
~MELT: Winter Blues Map
~1 hour + of yin…..forward bends, hip openers, twists, heart openers

Paine - That workout does look like fun!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 12-17-21, 09:44 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, that virtual reality looks interesting! I've never done any kind of virtual reality. I think I just lucked out with the time that I was at the dentist that they are able to fit me in. Also, the dental place I go to is a chain (Aspen Dental) rather than an individual dentists, so they had more than one dentist present.

Pam, cute avatar!

cyana, sorry about the insomnia. I meant to ask, how did your furnace replacement go?

Today I accomplished grocery shopping...and that wiped me out so much that I needed a nap when I got home, LOL.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 07:09 AM  
Margot

Happy Saturday everyone!

Sorry to hear about all the bad backs this week.

I've been lacking motivation too this week. My back pain cleared quickly but I decided to be careful for a few days, so I didn't aggravate it again. My DH also had some shocking news last Saturday, which threw us into a loop. I was worrying about his health too, which didn't help and neither of us were sleeping. Then it got compounded when it seemed as though everything in our lives was going belly up. Isn't that always the way? It was a good lesson for me to look at the big picture and put things into perspective rather than continually reacting to yet another piece of bad news. Things are gradually sorting themselves out and life is getting back on a more even keel, thank goodness.

Thank you Beth for your BYOB workout, which was just what I needed. It was a bit of an effort but I made myself get back into exercising yesterday, so did:

- Jessica Smith WS2 Build Balance Poise & Grace
- Karin's Anatomy 101 - Abductors: Dynamic Stabilisation of Knee & Hip Joints
- YoQi 8 Silk Brocades

This morning was a mix of short routines:
- Body Groove - The Blues (15 min)
- Karin - Accessing the Deep Core
- Karin - Pelvic Balance Deepened

Linda - I love your photo of Meow Meow. Hope your back is feeling better.

Paine - The video you posted looked really fun. I can tell I'm not a gamer, as just watching it made me want to keep ducking. Yes, unfortunately Omicron is causing a lot of worry for us over here at the moment. It feels like we're heading back right back to when this all started. Hospital admissions are starting to rise every day. At least, they're making a huge effort now to give everyone the booster shot, which offers a much better resistance to the virus, and have set up 24 hour centres all over the country to get as many people protected as possible. I had a text from our Doctor's surgery last week to say basically don't bother us, unless it's an emergency, as we're too busy getting everyone vaccinated. DH and I are staying close to home even though we've both had our booster shots. It's not worth mixing with people, as this particular variant is so contagious.

Cyana - Hope you can rest up this weekend and catch up on some sleep. I like kale chips but don't make them because DH doesn't care for them. I just made some savoury crackers this morning and some vanilla ones yesterday.

Karen Jo - I made your pumpkin gingerbread recipe a few days ago. I just made a couple of modifications and added a few extras. Thank you for sharing. Hope everything goes well for your DH's procedure.

Pat - Thanks for mentioning Fitbymik. I like that the videos are filmed outdoors. I just want to be right there on the beach with her.

Waves to all! Hope you all have a great weekend and please stay safe.
Old 12-18-21, 10:06 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, good to hear from you - so sorry about the shocking news! Yes, life does seem to throw us for a loop just as we feel we've gotten our footing again; I'm glad to hear that you've started to be able to recover. It's also great to hear that you liked the new BYOB practice - my goal was to make the chair version even more gentle than the prior floor version that I did, so I hope it didn't aggravate anything for you.

I have a day today with nothing scheduled - bliss! I do want to do a little cooking prep (I have ground beef in the fridge to make mini-meatloaves, which I freeze for later). I also may try to record my video that I will post for the solstice, which I believe is Tuesday.

Happy Saturday all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-21, 11:18 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Margot - I’m so sorry you’ve had shocking news, sound like your week has been a roller coaster ride! I’m sorry Covid is gaining such momentum again in the UK. I suspect we will be experiencing similar here soon.

Beth- I look forward to your Solstice practice!

Today will likely be a rest day, maybe a stretch later. We are heading up island to fetch DIL2 so she’s here when DS2 get back from Vancouver tomorrow.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Tags
gluten free