Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-01-21, 10:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Friends in Fitness - Winter 2021/2022

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Have a happy, healthy and safe winter!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 10:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Below is my last post from the fall thread:

Hi all !!

Saying hi. I do read every day to keep up with you all but it gets a little discouraging when I have nothing to report on the exercise front. I think if the weather were nicer I would be trying a short walk here and there but I'm not used to this cold damp weather yet. We had snow showers all day yesterday even though nothing stuck thankfully. Maybe today...?

PENGUIN, looks like you found a YT weight workout to follow along with. Well done.

CAMBET, good walk and step count.
That's funny that you were walking without coats. Not happening around here for a long time. If you do spot any sciatica tips on FB again I'd love to hear about them.
I was talking to my neighbor the other day and he mentioned he hasn't seen me walking in awhile. So I told him about my sciatica and he says oh you should go see my son. His son is a chiropractor. He said he has a new machine that stretches your back in different directions to relieve the pain.
It sounded like some sort of torture device to me.
I politely told him I'll think about it if things don't improve. lol

NORA, good job getting right back into your winter routine. I have chronic back issues so I may have mentioned something last winter. But this latest bout started at the end of the summer/early fall and it's been a bad one. Worst one in probably 3 years and that one took a year to resolve

I'M GOING TO START THE WINTER THREAD FOR DECEMBER NOW!!!! See you there!!

Have a great day!
Old 12-01-21, 06:57 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB, I'm so sorry to hear about your chronic pain. There is nothing worse than that. I don't know how your medical system works really, but i hope you can find somebody who can offer you some kind of solution, without putting you in bankruptcy. Are you still working at the restaurant now and then?

Today, I continued with Cathe's 4DS. It was shoulders and calves with a bit of abs thrown in. I"m pretty sure I was choosing less weight to hoist than in prior years. Oh well. I need to build back. I also did a half hour or so of a Rob Glick hi/lo, and went for a short walk with a friend.
Old 12-02-21, 08:23 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I fell asleep on Tuesday before I could get in a workout.

Yesterday I did a 1 hour (3.11 miles) walking meeting with a coworker. I couldn't believe that we walked for an hour , but we had a lot to discuss! I knew we were going to walk and talk (though I hadn't imagined that it would be for an hour), so I had intended to bring my tennis shoes, but I forgot, so I walked in my work shoes (Danskos). Since I seem to keep having these walking meetings-- it is a nice way to kill two birds with one stone -- I'm thinking that maybe I should bring some sneakers to leave in the office.

SB - Thanks for getting us started with the Winter thread! I LOL'ed with what you said about your response to your neighbor. Who knows, maybe the device could help! We've been in the 50s and 60s during the day here, with the high today expected to be 72 (and tomorrow 75). I can't believe that y'all are already having snow showers.

Nora - Great job with your workouts. I figure that lifting some weight, even if it's less than you are used to, is better than none. I'm typically not a fan of splits, but you and Penguin have me thinking more about them for when I finally get my act together and re-engage with weights.

Hi, Penguin!
Old 12-02-21, 10:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

41 minute outdoor walk

Yes you read that correctly. It's certainly been awhile. It was a fairly decent day yesterday (upper 40s which is about as good as it gets this time of year) and my pain has been more manageable lately so I decided to try for a short walk. My friend called while I was walking and we got to talking and I walked longer than I had planned. It went ok though. I went a little more slowly than usual and the walk didn't seem to increase the pain so that's good. I may go again today since we may even get over 50!

NORA, good job on the Cathe workout even if the weights were a little lighter. She has a new system coming out next year at some point when her eye issues are resolved.
STS 2.0 I think is the tentative plan.
The restaurant closed down for covid and they made it permanent so they won't be re-opening which is fine with me. If/when I do go back to work it won't be the restaurant business. I would love to find something I could do from home. I have a crappy health insurance plan with a high deductible so there's not a lot of options if I don't want to spend a lot of money.
Last time I went to the doctor he prescribed steroids (nope!) and PT (tried it once and didn't like it plus it can get expensive quickly). It eventually resolved so I'm expecting that again this time around.

CAMBET, those walking meetings were a great idea!! Definitely keep some sneakers around though. Your temps sound great too!

Hi PENGUIN!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 12-03-21, 09:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

31 minute outdoor walk

So far so good *knock on wood*

Have a great day!
Old 12-03-21, 09:07 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I almost posted in the old thread :-)

So Friday’s workout started with Reps to the rhythm six minute warm-up I did 25m shoulders and then finished with more reps to the rhythm 1600s power walk #58 and 2400s Hiit walk #57

I added a few exercises to Shoulders such as halo, hip fly, and Callahan press. (overhead press plus Pull bent arms together in front). Again I did two sets of 16 reps plus pulses.

Nora, i’m glad to hear that you liked Brian :-). In some exercises in my new paper work out, I know I am lifting lighter however I also know I’m working harder than if I just picked a random YouTube weight work out.

SB, so glad to hear that you’re back to walking! Thank you for starting the new thread!

Cambet, I like hearing about your walking meetings :-) it does seem a good way to be more productive while getting your steps in :-). I think sneakers are probably a good idea!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 07:44 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So Saturday’s workout started with Workouts by ZZ five minute warm-up, I did 35 minutes Legs on my own, brand Fitness girls just wanna have fun walk and ended with Teagan Dixons five minute cooldown

To Legs I added leg lifts front and back, calf raise, and plié squats as well as knee repeaters. Since my last attempt was seven minutes I wasn’t expecting 35m! I may take some thing out and try again next rotation.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 08:53 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

We are in heading into the last week of the semester. I think I can, I think I can . . .

Let's see, Thursday as midnight approached I noticed that I wasn't too far from 10,000 steps, so I did a Country Heat (don't remember which one) and made it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

Friday I did a 55 min (2.48 mile) walking meeting with a coworker. We actually finished the meeting right before we hit the 2 mile mark, so I asked him if we could keep going to get to 2 miles and he said sure. So we did another loop closer to our end of campus and actually tacked on another half a mile. He is a runner, so he likes hearing our Fitbit stats at the end of our walking meetings. Made it to 13,936 steps for the day.

Yesterday I did segments of CH: Wild Goose Chase throughout the day to make it to 250/hour from 8-4, and then I did parts of both CH Elite: Wild Horse and Rope & Ride after I got home last night from hanging out with friends and realized that I was only about 3000 steps from 10,000. Made it to over 10,500 for the day.

I have A LOT of grading to do today, but I'm going to try to get in a workout at some point.

SB - Woohoo , glad you've been able to fit in some short walk without too much pain! I hope that continues to be the case! It sounds like you're trying to be careful not to overdo it, so *knock on wood* , I hope you can continue. When my coworker and I walked the other day it was so warm that I had to take off the light jacket that I had worn as part of my outfit. I checked the temp when we got back and it was 79 degrees and I was sweating.

Penguin - You're doing a great job with customizing your weight work and still getting a variety from YT. I'm jealous, I want to be doing weight work! Seriously, though, I can see weight work in my future; these days I can barely get myself to do cardio, so I just know that I wouldn't be consistent with weights, so they are out this month, but I'll try to be patient and maybe get to them in January. I'm really enjoying reading about what you are doing.

Hi, Nora!
Old 12-05-21, 10:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday was:

32 minute outdoor walk

Not sure if I'll walk today. I'll see how I feel and how cold it feels. Even though it's in the 40s it feels very cold to me. I guess I'm not acclimated to the cold yet so I need to break out the down coat I think. I'm also thinking CS might be something good to add into my routine but baby steps.

PENGUIN, I too am enjoying your journey with weights. I'm hoping I can get myself back to that sometime in the not too distant future. Good workouts all around.

CAMBET, great job with the walking meetings and the step counts. I'm pulling for you to get through this week! My DD completes her master's program this Friday and she's excited about that. We originally were going to fly out to Colorado for the graduation ceremony but she decided she didn't want us traveling yet with all the uncertainty with covid still around but we'll celebrate here in our own way!

Hi NORA!

Have a wonderful day everyone!