Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-21, 09:40 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Gym Style Legs and 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy
- DH finally got home at almost 1 a.m. after picking up our company from the airport. Their flight was packed and super late! Probably a good idea for you to skip flying over the holidays.

Our weather is pretty strange too--we've been in the upper 50s and low 60s but Saturday we will be at 75 degrees, which is pretty insane for January 1.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 10:26 AM  
Vantreesta

-8 degrees at the moment. High of 10 today and now they're saying high of -5 for Saturday. I imagine we will be back in the 20s for highs before long, we'll see.

I've been so bad about posting my workouts. Last Thu and Fri I did short yoga practices on YouTube at my father-in-law's. I also went for a short walk on Christmas. It snowed all day and the road hadn't been plowed so it was short and slow bc it was a lot of work! Yesterday I foam rolled for half an hour and did a Yoga in Practice practice. Later I shoveled for just under an hour. I haven't managed yoga every day for my sadhana but have at least done some meditation. I need to go catch up my post on that check in and my minutes challenge.

I'm binge watching Supernatural. I never heard about it when the show first started but it is so my kind of show so when I saw in October that TNT was rerunning the entire series I started recording it. Thankfully my friend has the first 6 seasons on DVD bc our DVR isn't that big. I watched all of season 1 and the first two episodes of season 2 and deleted the rest through season 6 before I went to my dad's. Since we got home Sunday, I have finished season 2 and watched the first three episodes of season 3. The DVR is over 80% full and is only that show and a few yoga, with new episodes returning next week of current shows, so I have a ton of watching to do so I don't lose anything on the DVR. Most of the seasons have 22-23 episodes!

Dentist appt this afternoon. Unfortunately, I lost a filling eating gummy vitamins this morning. Roll eyes. Just glad they can get me in today!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-21, 10:02 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Glad you could check in Jbliff. And thank goodness your husband and your company finally made it back safe and sound. I am SO glad I stayed here in Fl.
Our state is on fire with new COvID cases and I have heard that hospitalizations are ticking up. I have noticed a few more people wearing masks again and at Whole Foods today I saw a lot of N95 masks.

Ran 7 miles on the slog today and even with water I brought along it was a true sufferfest. I may use the treadmill tomorrow so I can have the AC on—in late December.

Vannie you live in Minnesota right? Northern part? Your temperatures are unbelievable. Walking in snow sounds like a true aerobic workout. I have a friend who lives in Oregon and she was headed to Lake Tahoe but had to head back as some places had like 17 feet of snow and the interstate was closed.

We miss you and are thinking of you Cher and Gibbee.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 12:06 AM  
Vantreesta

Karen, I live in the southern half of MN. Agreed, walking in unplowed snow is a workout! Snowshoeing is fantastic exercise. Hoping we can do our trip this year. I heard about all the snow around Tahoe. Unbelievable!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-30-21, 04:45 PM  
Cher

Just popping in to say Hello! Just haven’t been exercising really and just haven’t felt like posting. After all the holidays I’m going to try to get back into exercising and so hopefully you’ll see more of me in January.

Happy New Year and have a safe New Year’s Eve!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-21, 07:12 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher so good to hear from you. I have been thinking about you especially during the holidays. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Vannie for some reason I thought you lived in northern Minnesota. I guess your entire state can be very cold in winter. Have you ever done cross country skiing?
Supposedly very good exercise.

Did 3 slow miles on the treadmill today. I cranked up my AC and had a big fan. I just could not face the heat and humidity outdoors.

Waves to Jbliff and Gibbee.
Old 12-30-21, 08:59 PM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, so good to hear from you. Glad you popped in!

Karen, I used to live in northern MN but we've been down here since we got married. My FIL lives up north though, and we go up to see him regularly. Maybe that's why you were thinking that. I would love to move back north but probably won't happen.

I've been taking down Christmas stuff today while watching Supernatural.

Old 12-31-21, 04:38 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical. Wednesday's workout was a walk + Perfect30 Upper Body + core + extended stretch.

Our company left late yesterday and we didn't get home from taking them to the airport until 10 p.m. so today I have mostly done laundry and some house cleaning.

Cher - Great to hear from you. I've been thinking about you and hoping you were doing OK.

Hi to Vannie, Gibbee, and Karjoy.

Whoever gets online first tomorrow, please start a new thread for January.

Have a good New Year's Eve.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 10:57 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Happy New Year everyone! I may sleep in a bit but will start the Jan
2022 thread as soon as I can if no one else has done so.
Old 12-31-21, 11:05 PM  
Vantreesta

Happy New Year! May 2022 be a better year for all.