Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-12-21, 07:00 PM  
Cher

My dad’s funeral was nice. We had a lot of people show up. Trying to get back in the swing of things. Yesterday I did 3 of Leslie’s 10 minute walks and Perfect Pump Back & Biceps. Nothing today….went to my sister’s and we all wrote out the thank you notes.

Vannie - Keep your snow there! We had very high winds yesterday and my mom lost power. Since it is rather cold, she stayed at my aunts last night and went back over there to stay again tonight. Hopefully she gets her power back on.

Waves to JBliff, Karen & Gibbee.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 07:32 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Good to see you Cher. I am glad the funeral went ok. I know it must be hard to get back to exercise but I am glad you did.

Jbliff I have a non Peloton treadmill. Mine cost about $1200 and is pretty basic. I
Can’t see paying $4400 for a treadmill. The ap is about $14 a month.

Vannie are you frozen yet? What kind of heat do you have?

13 Mike run today. 57 degrees thank heavens.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-21, 08:12 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was LIS Afterburn + a 25-minute walk in the afternoon.

Cher
- Glad to have you back. I'm sure it's tough to think of working out at this point.

Karjoy
- I can't imagine paying $4400 for any kind of equipment!

Hi to Vannie and Gibbee.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-21, 08:46 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: Burn Boot Camp lower body. Excellent. I think all leg muscles got worked.

Jbliff yeah no way I no would pay that kind of $ for any fitness equipment. Shaking my head.
Old 12-14-21, 06:50 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was one of the premixes on Perfect Pump.

My mom seems to be doing okay but she hasn’t really had time since the funeral to even get used to it. The funeral was Wednesday and Thursday and Friday she had previous plans with her sisters which was good. Then Saturday we had tons of wind and she lost power at her house and, of course, this time of year that means no heat so she ended up staying at her sister’s Saturday and Sunday nights. It finally came back on late yesterday afternoon so she was able to be home last night. I’m going over today to help her call SS and about my dad’s pension stuff.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-21, 07:39 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was LITE Rev'd Up Rumble + calorie crush followed by 35 minutes of yoga.

Cher - Your poor mom! I can't believe she got hit with loss of power on top of everything. That's good you're there to help her out.

Karjoy - How's your co-worker doing (the one that got COVID recently)? We are seeing a surge in cases in our area which is really frustrating (mostly unvaccinated people, but still...).

Vannie
- I hope you are enjoying the snow!

Hi to Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 12-14-21, 09:06 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff our coworker with COvID will be back later this month. I have heard she is only mildly sick thank goodness.

Cher As Jbliff said, I really feel for your Mom. Thank goodness it sounds like she has supportive family to be with. And then to have the power go out in the cold…

I ran 4.37 miles tonight. Since the sun was going down it was pleasantly cool.

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee.
Old 12-15-21, 01:34 PM  
JBliff

Drive by checkin: My workout yesterday was ICE Metabolic Training + core.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 12-15-21, 08:32 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. Monday I did Karen Voight Burn & Firm using just 5 lb DBs and my chest and triceps are still sore! Clearly I have neglected my upper body! Also did day 15 of Kassandra's Evening Yoga Movement challenge. Yesterday I baked cookies and today was lunch with friends then finished baking cookies.

We got about a foot of snow from the storm on Friday and it is all gone. Now we're having a thunderstorm with high winds and tornado watch. It got to at least 61 today and Saturday the high is supposed to be 19! Crazy.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-21, 09:21 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Drive by: Burn for upper body. Excellent and I feel pretty fried.

Vannie I had forgotten about Karen Voight. She will absolutely leave your muscles
frazzled with 5# weights for UB. Great work.