Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-09-21, 08:17 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Arm is pretty sore this morning, I feel a bit achy, chilly and tired. So far, not as bad as last time.

Steps from yesterday: 12,504

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 05:08 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with Heather Robertson's ankle weight lower body workout. I found some ankle weights at Lidl and was happy to try them out. They're also good for making my dumbbells heavier if needed as arm weights.

Diana, you sound busy with the church things! It's nice of you to help. I hope your symptoms from the shingles vaccine are mild at most.
Old 12-09-21, 08:26 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Today I tried Jessica's Walking for Weight Loss, Wellness and Energy for 5 minutes but I didn't like the music. Then it was 5 minutes of Walkout but I wasn't in the mood for Jane Fonda. I gave the recumbent bike 10 minutes before I finally gave in and used Cubii Jr for an hour. Later I did Section 1 of Tai Chi for Daily Practice with DDR.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 09:38 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 signature today and yesterday barre 3 strength. We finished the semester and I've been doing a lot of grading of final projects, and now a lull before final exams next week. Finishing up was hectic so I missed the check in.

Linda, also missed your birthday and so sorry about that. I actually am among those who have no idea where that is actually listed so I have been relying on the rest of the group to alert me to this and having missed a couple days it just went by me. But hope you had a good day nonetheless and sorry you felt overlooked on this forum.

Cheryl, it really sounds like the list of countries ranked for Covid is wacky. Sounds like you are on the mend, which is good. Is the coughing gone away?

Diana, good for you getting that shot. Next week for me, I think. Hope you are over all the effects soon.

Cynthia, very nice custom with the baby blankets. I haven't had any babies in my colleague circles lately so I should make some and donate them.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-21, 09:51 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

I stayed at home today as I didn't feel well, although I didn't feel as bad as with the first shot.

Linda I don't think I liked that Jessica Smith either. Great job on the Cubii and other workouts.

Check-In: 1 hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 12-09-21, 11:33 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Rest day for me.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-21, 06:32 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps from yesterday: 12,218

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 12-10-21, 09:48 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 15 minute warm up and then 30 minute yoga flow. I'm trying not to forget to check in, which I seem to do a lot lately.

Cheryl, I forgot to respond to your point that you find out all sorts of news when you live in Europe that you never hear about in the States. I think our media leave out so much stuff and we are so ignorant about world news because of it. Also so many stories slip out of the news when they are no longer headlines, so you never hear the aftermath of things and the results of actions that were taken. We listen to French and US and sometimes German news to get more perspectives that we would never get from US news, which seems to go over and over the same stories, often repeating and repeating, but then neglecting stuff from the rest of the world, which can be very important. On the other hand, sometimes it's hard to hear about. There are days when I just don't want to hear the news at all.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-21, 12:02 PM  
seabliss

Today I did a longer one, Day 1: Arms and Shoulders, from Heather Robertson's new Fierce14. It wasn't too bad until the burpees at the end. She calls them half-burpees for some reason, but they are not. Maybe she thinks they are only full burpees when you do a push-up in the middle.

Lynn, I 100% agree with you on all of that. It doesn't seem to be getting any better with what we are offered and what is hidden, especially from a U.S. perspective, and world news as well as the full news is so important to all of us. And yes, news is a big downer! It's like watching a car crash. Except we have to know what's going on so we can make decisions about things.

Cynthia, I'm thinking I would love to crotchet again for the comfort/stress relief benefits. Not sure my tendonitis elbow would handle it, though.

Linda and Diana, are you excited about Jessica's new offerings?

I had one coughing episode last night while DH and I were walking around. Other than that, I am so much better. That's the upside of needing to take antibiotics.

Last night DD and I did our favorite walking workout from Get Fit With Rick, for the first time since coming to PT. It was fun and nostalgic. He has a new Christmas walk out that I want to try.
Old 12-10-21, 10:28 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I feel all better today, yay, but I didn't work out. DD had the day off but, for a change, no plans with friends. So we went places and did things together & cooked a nice dinner.

Tomorrow late morning I'm going to a funeral service for a singing friend. We used to stand next to each other in performances. She drove me home from my cancer surgery. And many other memories.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote