Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-21, 04:19 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I did Zumba Sulu -NEW CHRISTMAS WARM UP ZUMBA, Yoga With Bird -10 Min Everyday Morning Yoga Stretch | 30 Day Yoga Challenge DAY 1, Human 2.0 Fitness -MOVEMENT CHALLENGE - Day 1 | Mobility Training & Injury Prevention Exercises, L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 1, and a 1 mile row. I was trying to do day 3 of Rowvember but I set it up wrong in the stroke rate app and got too annoyed to keep going. I think I have it set up right now. I had also planned to start a new jump rope challenge today but after the rowing snafu I just said I was done. I hadn't worked out since Nov 11 and it felt so good to get moving! This month I am focusing mostly on mobility and just moving after such a long break.

It's been snowing all day, since before I got up! So beautiful! Feels much more Christmassy than the desert did! I think for outside I am just putting a tree on the porch and my mom's inflatable Olaf. We're doing leftovers for supper so I'm fixing to go drag out tubs and see how much decorating I can get done. And drink a small glass of eggnog while I do!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 09:37 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Yesterday I did 21 Day Fix 10 minute Abs...I also tried the yoga segment today. I prefer my own ab and yoga exercises to the 21 Day Fix segments. Today I did Upper Fix which I enjoyed more. It has been very cold and windy. We got some snow too. The wind is dropping so I think I'll get start taking the dogs on some walks again tomorrow.

Happy Birthday Sherry!

MT, I'm avoiding scales too for the time being.

Vannie, Focusing on mobility and moving sounds great. That's how I feel whenever I miss out on walks for a few days.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-21, 11:25 PM  
Leonana

Vannie and Katie, thank you! I just turned 62! Celebrated with a day of Goodwill shopping with my friend. Dh is taking me out to eat this weekend.
Old 12-09-21, 11:55 AM  
Vantreesta

Sounds nice, Sherry!

Ugh, I still haven't printed my goals spreadsheet so haven't really been tracking.

Shoveled for 50 minutes yesterday. We have a winter storm watch from noon tmrw to 6 AM Saturday, could get 5-11" more snow. We only got a couple inches at most from the other day so grass is still somewhat visible. It was 32 and drizzling when I got up this morning. I have to run errands so getting them done today!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-09-21, 06:53 PM  
MathTeacher

Sherry, I hope you had a great birthday. Sorry I am late!
Old 12-10-21, 10:48 AM  
Leonana

Thanks everyone! It was a nice birthday. Plus I’m taking my SS early, so looking forward to more money ha ha.

MT, no problem. I’m always late, I didn’t even know we could see people’s birthdays on the board lol.

Vannie, good luck with your errands. I hope you get some pretty snow for Christmas.
Old 12-11-21, 01:02 AM  
Vantreesta

It's been snowing nearly all day. The storm warning is now saying the total in some areas could be 18-21"! I shoveled the first few inches away and took twice as long as Wednesday did. Hubby will snowblow in the morning before he goes to work. I think it's gonna take quite a while! I have been loving this so much though! This is how winter in MN is supposed to be!

Old 12-11-21, 11:31 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Wow, that's quite the storm Vannie! It sounds so pretty. Good chance you'll be in for a white Christmas. That storm totally missed us. We were in the low 40's today and no snow for the most part.

It's still been pretty chilly w/the wind. Yesterday I made homemade mac n cheese which I haven't done in a long time. New recipe and it came out pretty well. It made so much that I froze a lot in smaller containers. So we should be in good shape for that for a while.

I'm improving my distance with walking which I haven't done in a long, long time so nice to see that. I finally got the nerve to step on the scale again and I'm hanging in there. Not losing or gaining which is my overall goal for the holidays.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-21, 08:41 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. Monday I did Karen Voight Burn & Firm using just 5 lb DBs and my chest and triceps are still sore! Clearly I have neglected my upper body! Also did day 15 of Kassandra's Evening Yoga Movement challenge. Yesterday I baked cookies and today was lunch with friends then finished baking cookies.

We got about a foot of snow from the storm on Friday and it is all gone. Now we're having a thunderstorm with high winds and tornado watch. It got to at least 61 today and Saturday the high is supposed to be 19! Crazy.

Old 12-16-21, 12:15 AM  
Leonana

I’ve been doing lighter workouts this week. Monday a Senior Shape Strength workout and today was JS Walk Strong 1 Total Body. A tooth is bothering me and I need a crown, so am taking it easier. I’m waiting for the dentist office to call me for an appointment. But they seem to have dropped the ball, so I’m calling another one tomorrow.

Winter is here. We’ve had some rain. High is 60 and low is 40. It’s cold outside especially in the mornings. It’s supposed to be 70 this weekend, I hope the forecast is right.

Katie, that’s great your weight is stable. Homemade Mac and cheese sounds delicious!

Vannie, that does sound like crazy weather! I hope you stay safe and no tornados are near you.

ETA: it was 36 degrees at 6:30 am! So cold!