Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-07-21, 05:31 PM  
Karla25

Today was a rest day, so I did 20 minutes of cardio from Total Body Balance w/Jessica followed by her 30 minute Relaxing Flow yoga.

Tonight was Yoga Burn Restorative Yoga for shoulders w/Zoe followed by her meditation for the body which is actually a yoga nidra practice.

So relaxing
Old 11-07-21, 06:11 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
I found the original 20 Questions About Fitness video on YouTube. This ws at the end of most of the VHS workouts in the classics days. Way pre-Gaiam, even though this post has a Gaiam intro.
Thanks! I added it to the list + added some clips/info on TheFIRM instructors. Will be adding more throughout the month
Old 11-07-21, 08:21 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post

I find I reach for workouts that Stephanie leads quite often. She is a great instructor and very motivating. I know her Powerfit workouts have been mentioned in this thread but I don't have any of these workouts. What level are they and where can they be purchased? TIA!
Sorry, I was out of town the last couple of days.

These are beginner level workouts and I would recommend to someone who is a bit familiar with the Firm workouts or their terminology. You can make them more advanced, by using a stronger band along with using a step on the floor for cardio workouts. Because they move rather quickly, I wouldn't recommend to a true beginner to exercise, as it will take them a bit to get coordinated with the band work and the pace is fast. The first few times through, you better understand the exercises and the placement of the band (especially during floorwork.)

I bought my set when Stephanie first introduced it on QVC. Stephanie said it helped her to shed most of her baby weight, after giving birth. But, I'm sure she was in great shape to begin with, at the start of her pregnancy. Sure she had that muscle memory thing going for her with all of those years with the Firm. ;-)

I've seen the sets of Powerfit (original) and Harmony on Ebay and they might still be available on Amazon. Mary sold them at one time, and lots of VFers bought their sets from her (www.totalfitnessdvds.com) at some pretty incredible savings. I haven't seen the Express workouts for sale in a while.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 08:34 AM  
DawnMarie

Happy Monday!

Volume 5 this morning. I immediately clicked with this when it first came out. I would admire my legs during the ab section. I reenacted the step portion from the bleachers for a friend during a slow pitch softball game our husbands were playing in. I loved it.... still do. My short box now is the top portion of the fanny lifter, it is sufficient. Some things remain the same and some thing need to change.
Old 11-08-21, 01:41 PM  
psupam

Checking in with Super Body Sculpt yesterday; Zumba tonight.
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 02:24 PM  
Karla25

Checking in with Pam Cauthen, as lead instructor, in Firm Strength Cross Trainers. This one has great ab and triceps work. I had a wonderful stretch afterwards with Audrey Krafft's Deep Full Body Stretch
Old 11-08-21, 06:31 PM  
wendug

The Firm- Total Body Toner

I'm on the fence on this one. I've only done this workout a couple of times, and I think that if I get the proper weights down for this I would enjoy it more. Some moves are isolated, so you can lift heavier, while others are compound moves where the heavy weights would be too much. It was frustrating to pause and switch weights this time through, but once I know the workout better I think I'll like it.
Old 11-08-21, 06:33 PM  
wendug

Thanks Pam & Liz for the info on Powerfit. Although I love Stephanie, I'm afraid if they are beginner workouts they won't be challenging enough for me. So I'll hold off on buying these (unless I find a set cheap at a thrift store! )
Old 11-08-21, 11:59 PM  
Venus

Week 2

Today's workout:

The Firm: The 500 Calorie Workout with Kelsie Daniels

Yoga with Adriene: Sunrise Yoga 15 min

Lija Krus Yoga & Wellbeing: 20 min Yin Yoga for Liver & Gallbladder Meridians

PsycheTruth: Stretches for Hand & Arm Pain Relief with Jen Hilman ~10 min

I was feeling a bit sluggish today, but I had already chosen this workout and stuck with the plan. I had a little trouble keeping up with the pace, but it was still fun once I got going. I enjoyed the cardio portions more than the strength. I'll have to try it again when I'm not so tired. The yoga after was just what I needed.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 10:27 AM  
Scorpio6

Going back to the Firm this week!
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awt, circuit training, circuit workouts, firm, firm history, firm rotation, janet jones gretzky, the firm