Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-08-22, 08:41 AM  
buffmama

Continuing with Balanced to the Core Day 6/21 Pilates Strength Challenge words on keeping your back engaged 32 min
Old 01-09-22, 09:29 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Cardio Kickboxing 2 - 45min
Mira's Pelvis Mobility - 12min

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!
Old 01-09-22, 09:31 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday's workouts were:

Blogilates - Sleek Body Sculpt - 27 minutes;
Lovely production values and great music. The only problem was Cassey whooped too much for me and and gave zero modifications. Some of the exercises were entirely too difficult for me, like the sit up part of a Turkish Getup. It was an experiment.

Pilates & Yoga with Katja - Gentle Wake Up Stretches - 16 minutes
A lovely stretch.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 09:57 AM  
buffmama

Balanced to the Core Day 7/21 Pilates Strength Challenge - 32 min
Old 01-09-22, 12:49 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think I missed checking in yesterday so I'll catch up today. I have been on an Ellen kick~

Saturday - Ellen - 4 Elements Flow; Yoga Mat Work

Sunday - Ellen - Upper Body Blast, Inner & Outer Thigh, Affirmative Flow

I keep saying i need to do harder workouts, but I really find it hard to motivate myself to do so - so Ellen it is for now.

Carol - I have experimented with Blogilates from time to time - I can see the appeal of them sometimes - they are bright and upbeat but lack of modifications and whooping gets on my nerves, too. She is an interesting person - she comes off as very frivolous, but she is obviously a very savvy businesswoman.

Nice workouts, everyone!

This coming week is likely going to be painting - probably towards the end of the week so I will have to make my workouts fit around the chaos. I'm glad to be getting this stuff done though - we postponed it for a long time - working from home makes it easier b/c I'm here to keep an eye on the dogs.

At some point I need to refresh my bathrooms and kitchen.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 03:14 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Everyone,

I think I missed checking in yesterday so I'll catch up today. I have been on an Ellen kick~

Saturday - Ellen - 4 Elements Flow; Yoga Mat Work

Sunday - Ellen - Upper Body Blast, Inner & Outer Thigh, Affirmative Flow

I keep saying i need to do harder workouts, but I really find it hard to motivate myself to do so - so Ellen it is for now.

Carol - I have experimented with Blogilates from time to time - I can see the appeal of them sometimes - they are bright and upbeat but lack of modifications and whooping gets on my nerves, too. She is an interesting person - she comes off as very frivolous, but she is obviously a very savvy businesswoman.

Nice workouts, everyone!

This coming week is likely going to be painting - probably towards the end of the week so I will have to make my workouts fit around the chaos. I'm glad to be getting this stuff done though - we postponed it for a long time - working from home makes it easier b/c I'm here to keep an eye on the dogs.

At some point I need to refresh my bathrooms and kitchen.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
I have read some about Cassey - her parents were devastated that she didn't want to go to medical school, as I recall...

Carol
Old 01-09-22, 07:24 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Get Healthy U TV - Barre Strong: Lower Body Barre Workout - 30 minutes

This was a good (and challenging) workout! Led by Lindsay Bomgren; Chris and Kate were her background exercisers. I will be sore tomorrow.

I also see my new PCP tomorrow, assuming we are all well.

Carol
Old 01-09-22, 08:44 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Carol, I haven't done that Barre LB 30min workout, but few days ago I did Move Barre Legs 20min with Lindsay and it was a killer. I'm looking forward to trying the 30min LB workout you did today.

I've decided not to subscribe to Lindsay Brin's Balanced Pilates just yet. I've reviewed couple of her free classes and I'm not quite sure that she's my type of instructor. No specific reason. I'm really enjoying GHUTV right now and I'll stick with it for the time being. I'm also going to start Mira's Beginners Happy Hips program tomorrow and will probably continue with her intermediate hips program. Her spine/hips/pelvis exercises feel really good to me.

Donna, I want to redo my master bathroom but the idea of the hassle (not to mention the cost) makes me want to postpone it indefinitely.

Buffmama, nice workouts!

I'll probably check in later than usual this week. My DH's doctor called him yesterday (Saturday) in reference to his latest bloodwork test results and he has to have some additional tests done based on that. This got me on high alert because of my dh's chronic condition, and I will be busy scheduling everything for him tomorrow. My DH has severe hearing loss so I take care of a lot of things like that for him. Busy, busy, busy.

Waves to all!
Old 01-10-22, 09:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Barefoot Cardio
Yoga w/ Kassandra - Monday Morning Gentle Yoga and Affirmation - this is part of her new 7 day series - 15 min of yoga and 5 min meditation/affirmation. I did enjoy doing this today!

Yesterday for an add on I did the Walk and Stretch from Jessica's 4 Day Plan - I can't remember the name of the DVD - but it has Tred and Shred, HIIT, and a Core Workout. I enjoyed doing the 15 min cardio plus the 15 min stretch for some extra activity.

It is going to be cold here, YUCK!

And our painting work begins on Thursday - so I'll be planning my workouts around the chaos. It will be good to have it done.

Carol - I do remember reading that about Cassey, too and how she was pre-med - she is obviously very focused and determined to build her business they way she did. Good luck w/ the Dr. I'm on a hunt for a new practice after the fiasco we went through in December w/ my DD. I just haven't had the energy to focus on it yet.

Dana - good luck w/ getting the appointments scheduled for DH. Hope all turns out well.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 10:23 AM  
buffmama

Balanced to the Core Day 8/21

Gosh, I'm going to be boring the next few weeks....