Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-27-22, 05:23 PM  
lynnf

Diana, forgot to fill you in about AR. With the new Covid protocols, they don't go very far so they moved from one part of Switzerland to another. But I can tell you the Lugano Switz. is gorgeous. The left-over eliminated team that got back in (a father/daughter team) continues to do horribly (which explains why they got eliminated before). They can't navigate and with the new Covid protocols there are no taxis so they have to drive themselves a lot, which is deadly for bad navigators. This father/daughter team got to the detour so late that every other team had finished the detour by the time they got there. But since they are short teams, it was a non-elimination leg (as DS and I predicted). As the last team they got to the pit stop so late that the greeter had to leave and only Phil was there. It is funny that before the hiatus this team was saying that they were happy to be running the race together since this would be the last chance to do something big together since the daughter was getting married. But even though she got married, she left to come back anyway when they got a chance to come back after being eliminated after leg 2! They vow to do better next leg, but it looks doubtful if they have to navigate anywhere again. Who knows, though, weirder things have happened.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 05:53 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Arm Toning Workout.

Thank you for the kind words about my dad! We will know more after he talks with his doctor tomorrow. Now there are those things like having him be willing to allow my mother to drive him. He's stubborn and chauvanistic, to be honest. I guess this is a journey for him in more ways than one, as there is no getting stronger or more able from here.

Cynthia, I have always liked Keli Roberts. And thank you for the prayer scarf again. It wasn't that long ago. When I was about to have DD my father was racing with DH, competing to see who could lay wood floors the fastest. DD is only just twelve and my father now has a hard time walking up or down stairs.

We are taking that row home! The lovely landlady (she is very nice, Portuguese but with an Irish accent because her husband is Irish) found out that we could use less heavy toilet paper, like made from recycled paper, and pour some solution down once a quarter, and all should be fine. So it's a relief to have that taken care of.
Old 01-27-22, 10:06 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Lynn Thank you for the update. No cabs! Sounds very frustrating for the Father/Daughter team, although a bit funny.

Cheryl Great news on being able to get the house!

Check-In: JS Standing abs

I am trying to be more consistent with the formal workouts, although they are short.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 10:11 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, congrats for the house and that excellent landlady!

Check-in: another Keli Roberts DVD, Abs, Spine, and Posture (ASAP).
I don't feel up for cardio yet, but will probably have a walk outside, tomorrow.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 07:23 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps from yesterday: 5,023

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-28-22, 08:49 AM  
seabliss

Today I did No Repeats Workout: Cardio, Abs, and Booty. It wasn't too bad because it was a mix, so nothing got too worn out.

When we move I want to buy a blender and some small containers/jars. This way I can make protein shakes and do meal planning. I think this will help us. Heather Robertson has a couple of videos where she makes all meals for the next three days, all in about a half an hour. She said she does this Sundays and Wednesdays, which seem to be the rest days she takes. She packs each meal and snack individually and ziplock bags with protein shake stuff (fruit etc.) in the freezer to make it easy to grab. She made enough for her husband and herself. This looks much easier to me than the drudgery of cooking/prepping healthy meals three times a day.
Old 01-28-22, 03:45 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 yoga flow (which was nice) and some MELT. DS is getting ready to go back to LA on Sunday, which is sad, but he was with us for 6 weeks, which was very sweet.

Cheryl, it is so sad to see your dad decline like that in such a short time. I watched this movie on Netflix called 13 peaks about a mountain climber who climbed the world's tallest mountains in 7 months. These guys face death all the time. The one guy who had done this before, but in 7 years, was interviewed and said how everyone's life from the moment they are born is a journey toward death, but on it we find moments of joy. That was beautiful, uplifting and sad all at the same time. Anyway to get back to the mundane, good you got the house and good ideas about meal planning. Meal planning was this week's topic at Weight Watchers. I am going to try to get better at it myself.

Cynthia, I wish I could let you try out the Melt roller to let you see if it works for you. It definitely does roll. I just have used it for Melt stuff and haven't tried muscle relaxing rolling on it. I use my hard roller for that. Good you are taking it easy, easing back into exercise.

Diana, consistency is key, more so than length!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 07:09 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Call to order this meeting of the Linda's magic cuticle oil club LOL. A great big thank you to Linda for telling us about solar oil. I have tried many brands of cuticle oil over the years and it did nothing for me but make an oily mess. This stuff is wow! It really does rub in, and without pushing them back or using cuticle remover, my cuticles look like I have. In one day! I'll have to see how long a bottle lasts. This may be something to get on automatic refill from amazon.

It was 70* today. DD and I took a walk on the oceanview path. It sure feels great to have my vitality back.

Cheryl, if you're interested (or if anyone else is), I have several beachbody meal prep plans that I've enjoyed & could email them to you. One plan is no-cook, which is great for hot weather. There's a vegetarian plan that I like too. And another that has a veggie hash recipe that DD begs for.

Now I'm getting hungry.

Lynn, 6 weeks sure was a nice long visit, but of course you'll miss your DS.

Hi to Linda and Diana.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 10:21 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Cynthia, I'm glad the oil is working for you. I have the 4 oz bottle on auto delivery from Amazon. I keep it in the fridge and let it come to room temperature before I fill pens or a smaller bottle.

The man is here til Sunday morning. He was surprised that we still have snow on the ground. We got another inch today. He lives three hours south in another weather pattern. Down there it's usually 5 - 10 degrees warmer than here.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-22, 10:28 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

I was tired last night and didn't post.

I slept in this morning so I'm running a bit late.

I also found some Solar Oil at the grocery store yesterday. Excited to try it.

We had snow flurries this morning. Today's high is in the 40's with wind gusts of 40 mph. No outdoor walk. I'm a Southerner and not used to that nonsense. LOL

Yesterday: 30 minute walk

Steps from yesterday: 11,084

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana