Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-22, 01:57 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Sorry I was out for so long. I got really sick over the weekend. I couldn't leave the bed on Saturday, and was nauseous for a good 24 hours so I just didn't even eat that day! (I can't remember the last time I felt so sick as to not eat the entire day, like years ago?!) Leading up to Saturday, I was very rundown on Thursday but had still worked out, but I didn't wake up super early. Then on Friday I was so tired and rundown that I missed exercise. Then like I mentioned Saturday I was truly sick and in bed all day. I was feeling better but not by much on Sunday so I ended up missing three workout days! It was my last week of that 12 week rotation so it ended up just being a nice gap between my rotations, I guess!

I feel much better now, thankfully. I feel l like I'm slightly dragging but I'm probably 90% good now. I'm not sure what happened! I just felt nauseous and rundown more than anything. I started my new rotation today with all upper body with Caroline, one of my first EPIC Endgame workouts (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2U5...i4uVpN&index=1), they are tough just like EPIC 3 and on top of that, each EPIC Endgame workout has a 100 rep challenge of something at the end (today it was tricep skull crushers). Also this workout felt very tough because the work time was one full minute (30 second rest), that fatigues me a lot faster than just 45 seconds or something. Also the staple exercise was decline pushups, I only did the decline part the first time (legs elevated on the step), by the end of the workout I was doing them all on my knees! With a couple minutes of abs from this Mr and Mrs Muscle (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhxG...Cqjdn&index=65) and warm up and stretch was about a 58 minute workout.

I have Firm BSS2 Complete Aerobics and Weight Training with Emily on tap for Friday (after a Caroline leg workout tomorrow), and Dream Body Barre on Saturday, then whatever I'm thinking for Sunday. I love the Carolines but am looking forward to this new variety too!

Eventmom and Buzzer you both got in great workouts! I missed you and checking in!

Eventmom Interesting info about the horse! Yes, I would imagine you would have to get some kind of a trustworthy feel from them to know that you can be safe riding them, and of course the technical skills. I'm glad the pony is feeling better!

Buzzer I'm surprised there weren't more Star Wars fans at Disney! They are coming out with all kinds of new content like an Obiwan series this year sometime (I'm excited enough about that I will reactivate my Disney streaming when that happens!) and another season of the Mandalorian, I think? I am not at all surprised the toys at Disney were extremely expensive haha.

Your Cathe Shock Cardio workouts sound really good! I loved the idea of doing the abs from kickboxing with a pilates bar you just got from Walmart. I have some bar that has a band attachment that I think I picked up somewhere...at some time over the past few years......and never used?! Anyway that's what I'm envisioning (something like this? https://www.amazon.com/BQYPOWER-Pila...s%2C144&sr=8-5) I'm sure that is great for ab work!
Old 01-26-22, 04:40 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - slept so poorly finally got up late (still only around 5 hours of sleep) and only had time for 30 min stretch. Of course, tuesday is my night class so out of the building until around 10 pm.
today - slept better but headachy - did a coach kel who is talked about as sort of a TA alternative but honestly she seemed more like Margaret Richard - if MR was younger I think she'd be creating workouts like this one. Super similar moves to MR, slow and controlled but total body rather than splits and more barre-ish.

buzzer - I wouldn't like the just bands set with the bar it looked sort of interesting. LOL, sorry, but really heavy trucks don't slide? I can send some youtube vids of Semi Truck sliding and crashing all over I-80. It's the ice... I drive a crew cab, standard bed, dual rear wheels and managed to spin all around I-40 on Jan 1. (Now given that it's a tank we're okay but it's miracle I didn't end up on the side of the road).

ebianco - glad you are feeling better but yuk! You must be feeling well given what I saw of that workout. On horse shopping, now I'm considering buying one from a reputable dealer in Delaware based on the videos! sigh. Not having much luck closer to home. Who knows what I'll do! thanks on the pony, tummy wise he's fine but his eye is sort of chronic.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 06:22 AM  
Buzzer

Cathe Meso 1 week 1 back and triceps... DONE!

This workout was good. She spends a little too much time talking, which often makes the rests longer. This probably would have been a 45 minute workout if she didn't talk so much, instead it was 53. Good though because after the chest/delt/bicep fire drill, it was nice to have a few more minutes of rest! I do need to go up in weight on some exercises. However, today I am comfortably sore in my triceps, so maybe not! I could go up in weight and still do the work, however I am fine with the weight I am at because of the soreness. Dunno what I'll do!

We went back to cc yesterday after 2 weeks off (one for Disney, the other because the highway from the 'hood was closed due to accidents) and it was overwhelming. There is a lot of catching up we need to do, so I will be working on that today. I woke up at 2:45 and tried to fall back to sleep, but was thinking of all I have to do to prepare for doing all the cc work we have to do today. DH wanted me at his shop Friday and Saturday, however now I have a watch "party" for the next unit on Friday (we watch a video, usually about 2 hours long, of what we will be doing for the next few weeks. It's interesting for me, and the Q & A afterwards is something I really need right now) and LB is in westernaires on Saturday, plus there's some karate classes I thought we might try Saturday morning. I didn't know if we would get to karate this week so I'd have to do those, however we made it last night to a class so we are good. I hope!

Anyhow, he has a guy that used to come in and "be a warm body" and I asked him if he could come in either instead of me, or also since he knows a bit more than I do. So DH asked and the guy can come in! I am so excited. I was trying to figure out how to get LB where she needs to be, and also dreading going to the shop when I know nothing. So I will probably still spend time there, but not all day and I will be able to go take LB around without feeling like I am stressed to get back.

So, that takes some pressure off on that end. I still have a lot to do for CC though!

Today is a cardio, and when I previewed it it looks like a LOT of leg work. Some lunges and jumping. I will do it, but I don't know if my legs will be too tired to do leg day tomorrow! Am I that out of shape, or is everyone else just in super good shape to be able to do all that leg work in a row????

Ebianco: So glad you are back and feeling better! I was wondering if you were sick or just busy. Sorry it's the sick part! But glad it was short. Jumping right back into hard workouts too! HA!

LB keeps me posted on the new Mandalorians, however I think she said that they haven't even started filming the next season yet. She's way too excited for those to come out! HA! She wants to finish watching all the Star Wars movies, and I bet she gets into more of the series' too. She was all excited to see Boba Fett in one of the original movies, so I'm sure that series will be on in my house too. I didn't know about the Obi Wan series, however I also don't follow Star Wars that much and LB will tell me things about it, and I smile and act interested even if I have no idea what she is talking about.

There were fans there I'm sure, just no one dressed up! It may have been an off day or something? I thought it was weird too. Long lines for the Star Wars rides and crowds for watching the Storm troopers do their thing around the park ,but otherwise it was like any other park as far as people go.

So that pilates bar is basically the one I got. I am finding it unbelievably helpful with the abs! I change how I hold it, but it helps take some of the stress off when I have my legs in the air, and on Tuesday for my Cathe abs, I put the bar behind my head and did some of the exercises and it helped so much! It takes some stress off so I can focus on pulling in my abs more and still completing the exercises. I am going to get a lot of use out of it for sure. Try it!

Eventmom: I know!!!! (about the heavy trucks don't slide). I told him he would still slide, but he said that with the plow on the front it was too heavy. Plus, he has that floating backend now since all the weight is on the front... he put some sand in the back to balance it out, but there's not enough sand in the world to balance out the heavy engine and blade on it now. I am glad he learned that lesson in the 'hood and didn't damage anyone else's property, and also didn't learn it on the roads. It reminds me of people that say they can drive fast on ice because they have 4 wheel drive and good snow tires. Nope, you can drive fast but you still can't stop!!!

I"m just glad there was a happy ending. The ending could have been so different in so many ways.

So today it's supposed to snow again! We had about 8" from the last storm, yesterday it kinda melted, then today we are supposed to get up to 5" more. The last storm was only supposed to be 3", so we'll see what happens with this one. Maybe more, maybe less. I am hoping for less because we have a few things we'd like to do this afternoon!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 10:12 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Today was tough legs, I warmed up with a Tonique beach youtube 10 minute workout that I've downloaded and used a million times then Caroline EPIC 3 (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfIv...i4uVpN&index=2) plus warm up/stretch for about a 55 minute workout. It was in a pyramid style, not with reps/poundsage but time which was 20 seconds on (20 off)/40 on(20 off)/60 on(20 off)/40 on (20 off)/20 on (20 off) then start a new exercise. I believe I did this one, or at least part of it, in my last rotation but I don't distinctly remember it. My legs were definitely shaking with the bulgarian lunges. Also my upper body has a lot of DOMS today especially in my back and triceps! I love the Carolines but am looking forward to a totally different pacing and feel with Firm tomorrow.

Eventmom I hope your sleep improves! That coach kel sounds good, like a modern MR!

I still feel like I'm toughing through my workouts a little more than usual (I feel like my energy is still slightly down) but I'm still going! I do plan to dial the intensity down for Fridays in general though (not just tomorrow) so I'm all about using lighter weights and just getting a pleasant sweat for CAWT tomorrow. We'll see.

Buzzer That is great to hear about the pilates bar! I need to find mine first, but I am excited to finally use it! I actually had a dream that I used it (and enjoyed it) last night So random LOL!

Haha well I would trust LB to know about the Mandalorian! Maybe it's the new boba fett series that is starting soon (I know something is starting soon, or at least I think!) There are so many movies that should keep her occupied for a while, and then there's an animated series on the clone wars that I never watched but was supposed to be pretty good too!
Old 01-28-22, 06:56 AM  
Buzzer

Cathe Core Cardio Circuit... DONE!

This is a great workout! I was thinking during it that I am glad I didn't get rid of this set. I like the athletic style of some of the workouts I have tried! The only one I don't like is the step one, but Cathe and step, although well loved, are ridiculous. Her cuing is horrible, the steps are complicated, and I know I will break a bone if I do it on a step! This was an athletic workout, many of the moves reminded me of insanity, without being insane. I didn't jump as high as they did, I did my burpees on the bench, and when it came to the roll down on your back then pop up to a stand and jump, I went with the alternative exercise of jumping jacks. I will get there, but I am not there yet! I definitely wimped out on a lot of it (well, modified it down). I haven't done intense cardio in a while so I am enjoying it. I got about 5k steps with this workout!

I again used the pilates bar to help with the abs, which was good. Some of the abs I could figure out how to use it, and the plank work I did on the bench. She did a lot of MMA style abs in this workout. It made me think of Tapout and how much I loved that workout. HA! I feel like I can be pulled in new directions for sure! I am going to finish at least this meso 1 week 1 rotation for the next two weeks. I plan on doing it up until we leave for Florida to see my parents. That will give me 4 weeks of a STS Meso 1/Shock Cardio rotation. My trips are working out well that I get 4 weeks of a rotation then either a week off, or a week where I will fumble through and figure out what I can do!

I might preview the ripped with hiit and see if those are something I can do while I'm gone. Otherwise, my plan is to bring the STS and Shock Cardio that I have scheduled for that week, plus some pilates and break down the pilates bar and bring it too. Then I can at least have a week of either STS with the pilates bar and whatever weight machines they have there, or a week of cardio and pilates.

It snowed again yesterday (luckily only about 5" this time) so I also got some shoveling in. LB and I spent the day doing school and catching up. It was actually a really good, relaxing day.

Ebianco: So on the hiit workout, there is a "pyramid" workout. I was just this last time wondering why they put a weight workout on the hiit DVD... your post cleared that up for me! HA! I never knew there was a cardio hiit workout called "pyramids". I bet that's what I have! now I know.

LB is up in the air about the Boba Fett series. She enjoys seeing him, and jumped out of her seat when we were watching one of the original movies and she saw him. However we started watching one of the Boba Fett shows, and I don't know what happened in it, but she said it was too scary. I'm sure at some point she will watch it again, because she is loving anything Star Wars right now! I was actually surprised how many movies they have out. I guess over the years I didn't pay attention! Plus all the series' and animation...

She got briefly sidetracked by a "How to Train Your Dragon" series on Hulu, that is set like 1300 years after the movies where some kids are at a worksite with their parents and stumble upon dragons in a fissure on the worksite. They keep it a secret from their parents, and their parents are trying to close or destroy the fissure, so the kids are saving dragons and trying to stop their parents. There was only like 5 or 6 shows so far. I thought it was kinda silly, but LB loved it.

It cracked me up that you dreamed about your pilates bar! I hope you found it! I really like it. The bands come off pretty easily on mine (the end cap rotates and pulls off to take the bands off) so I was thinking I could use it for balance, or ttapp, or as a Firm stick....

Eventmom: DH went out last night to plow a few friends' driveways, and no incidents. He put chains on his back tires now! So at least I felt better about him being out, however I still kept my phone close. HA!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-28-22, 09:53 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!

I did Firm BSS2 Complete Aerobics and Weight Training with Emily today. I'm trying to kind of keep to an upper body focused week, and a lower body focused week, and I remembered this one had tons of back work, so I put it in the upper body category. I pushed myself harder with the arm work and went light and relaxed on the lower body work, and it was great! The cardio was enjoyable and not too hard. I don't have the Firm stick/twigs so I probably used higher weights than them, but not as much as I could to really challenge myself (maybe 70% of weight poundage to challenge myself). I got my sweat on but it wasn't a killer, which is perfect...because I have Dream Body tomorrow. I remember the DB Barre workout really hits the arms tough so it's all upper body this week for sure! I did really like today's workout because I could just show up and the warm up, strength+cardio, abs, and stretch was just all lined up haha. I don't mind compiling the warm up, main workout, add ons, stretch myself like I've been doing on youtube, but it's nice when it's all just done for you! And of course, Firm nostalgia

Eventmom waves!

Buzzer Wow that Cathe Core Cardio Circuit was a toughie I remember! I remember doing it once years ago, I don't remember if I gave the DVD away or maybe even borrowed it from the library, but I remember it was very Insanity like. Over the years I've definitely become not shy at all about modifying, modifying, modifying! (I expect I'll be modifying the Dream Body a lot tomorrow!) And making the workout enjoyable for where you are at today.

I was able to find my pilates bar! Mine is just a little different than the one I found on amazon the other day, it has one big loop (so the bar and loop make something like a D shape) instead of two bands one for each leg. I think I got it with some Windsor Pilates informercial set that was on clearance at some point. The band barely has any resistance to be honest, so I may try to finagle it with a higher resistance band. It has little foot handles for the feet that slide very easily on the band that is covered in fabric like a scrunchie. I used it for the ab portion of the Firm workout today! I like that the bar has a little weight to it (like yours mine also has little end caps that unscrew so you can attach or unattach the band part) and things like leg lifts were really good with it.

STS plus shock cardio seems like a real winning combination for sure!

I wouldn't have thought about a 'pyramid' HIIT workout, but that makes sense when it is with timing!! Like a tabata but with increase in time then decrease again? I could see how that would be really tough. I bet that's what you have!

That is funny about LB and the Boba Fett series LOL. Disney is creating SOOOO much content now that they acquired Star Wars, before that there was just the two trilogies I think (original and the prequels) then Star Wars came out with the sequel trilogy, the Mandalorian, Boba Fett, they started on the Hans Solo trilogy but it flopped in the theatre (DH and I went to watch it and didn't think it was that bad, but it wasn't amazing), the upcoming ObiWan series, and I just read today that they're coming out with a Darth Maul series (he was in the first prequel movie) and I'm sure there's 100 more series Disney will come out with LOL They have themselves a mighty cash cow. I watched the original How to Train your Dragon and it was cute (I didn't watch any of the sequels). I guess it was really popular because it also became a big franchise! Glad LB is enjoying it even if it's silly.
Old 01-28-22, 03:03 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA 2.6 + DC 1.1
today - sore from whatever so AJ gentle barre and 20 min Brand walk

so I slept 7 hours last night and 6 the night before! but I ate WAY TOO MUCH yesterday and starchy carbs at each meal - that's bad right? At least the current diets are mostly 1 serving of starchy carbs per day (that's 1/2 cup). We're all supposed to fill up on friuts and veggies - but that makes me sick. Or just eat less, then I wake up and have to eat in the middle of the night. It's so frustrating. Rant over.

buzzer - yes, it is great that the slide off was not a huge issue, but I'm with you one people driving fast b/c they've got 4w drive.... Glad your DH has got it working with no problems now. Good news on the other person being able to help.

ebianco - I think an updated MR is a good way to put it. Your workouts look plenty tough to me but it can take longer to recover than we think it should so take care.
Old 01-29-22, 10:38 AM  
Buzzer

STS Meso 1, week 1, legs.. DONE!
Shock Cardio Kickboxing.. DONE!

Legs was good! I realized that last week I ended right about the end of the workout anyhow. she has a bonus workout on the end, and I think I had 2 exercises to go before the bonus. So maybe I didn't slack as bad as I thought! I used 12's and 8's for this whole workout. I did not use weights on the wall squats with the ball, nor did I lift my leg like she does. I just did squats with lower pulses like her, both feet on the floor.

I didn't push myself too crazy, but it was still a good workout. She reminded us that we were using 60% of our 1 rep max, and I realized that if I can do squats in STS Meso 2 with 15 pounds, I should not be using 12's in this workout! So the 8's ended up being about good for me on just about everything.

I did start to feel a really bad muscle fatigue right around my sacrum...not my low back, but right over the sacrum. I had to pause the workout and try to relax that out. It took a few minutes and it calmed down, then I went back in but was a little more cautious. I lowered my weights on my deadlifts for sure. it happened pretty early on too, so I was glad to get that worked out instead of having to take the whole rest of the workout light or off.

Today I did the kickboxing workout again, and I loved it! I can see how I would get burnt out on it, but it was fun. I did it with all the vim and vigor I should, I tried not to cheat too much. I even did the jumps and all the jumprope. I think I give it a bit more after a leg workout when I know I don't have to save my muscles or my energy because leg day is coming up. It felt really good though. I did use the pilates bar instead of weights on the abs and it was perfect. She does so many reps of laying down to sitting up abs, so it was good to use the bar as a "crutch" to get over the sticking points.

Overall I got in a good, sweaty, fun workout today!

Yesterday we had a CC watch party then we went to Urban Air, so I sat a lot. LB played a lot. Which is probably good for a leg day!

Today I am at DH's shop, and LB will be with a friend most of the day. I'll see how it goes, but I'm hoping I don't have to be at the shop for long.

I don't know what is going to come out of the trucker thing, however today I am going to try to go to the store and get groceries, especially fresh vegetables. it may be nothing and we won't even notice, it might be something and I want to be prepared!

Ebianco: Wow. I didn't realize all the Star Wars stuff Disney is coming out with! That's crazy! She won't be bored for sure. She just sucks this stuff up and loves it! She thanked you for letting her know. She thinks it's cool that you love Star Wars too.

So I tried to use the pilates stick for a balancing stick in legs yesterday for the calves, and it's too short. So I used the firm stick instead. I do love my new pilates stick though! I always thought I would get rid of my bosu and I found a new love with it with Bosu Pilates, now I didn't know I needed the stick and have found a new love for it! I thought I was all equipment-ed out! Now here I am, buying now things! it'll be so good for travel though. I am excited for that!

Are you in the bomb cyclone or blizzard area (whatever they are calling this one)? I hope you stay safe and don't get too much snow if you are!

Eventmom: Wow! 7hours! I haven't repeated that one since I did it the other night! congratulations! I slept like crap yesterday because I ate a bowl of popcorn at the watch party. I think starchy carbs and empty carbs just aren't our friends anymore I have read that cooking your vegetables makes them easier to digest. Does that help for you? I like doing soups and stir fries for us, so maybe that could help? We are leaning a bit more towards chicken too, and cutting down on the red meat. I was reading that red meat sometimes take a few days to digest through! That's crazy. So I am cutting us down to every few days eating that, and chicken or turkey instead more. we have a freezer full of red meat though.

I was all excited over a MR type instructor, then I realized I love MR, but don't do her workouts that much. Plus I have pretty much every workout she ever did, and if I ever get bored of all of those there's something wrong with me. HA! I love new workouts though, but funny thing is, I would rather repeat workouts then do new ones! But I love new ones. I don't even know how to explain that one.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 01-29-22, 09:39 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I did Dream Body Barre today and yes it is just as hard as I remember LOL and yes Sadie hits the arms like crazy. Once you get past the big arm circuit that makes up the first half of the workout, the barre portion seems to just breeze by (although she works the lower body pretty tough too). The abs at the end are tough but short. Then I added this extended stretch (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpB6...FgH7W&index=46) for a total 65 minute workout.

I don't know if it was getting back to high rep, Dream Body nostalgia (I've always LOVED these workouts despite how crazy hard they are), taking a break from tough full length Cathe strength workouts, switching up my rotation, I'm over feeling sick, or I'm just randomly feeling really well today, but I was bouncing on my feet with energy all afternoon. Hours later and I still feel fantastic! I can start to feel the DOMS starting in though LOL. Tomorrow I have a list of possible HIIT or cardio workouts I'd like to accomplish over the next 12 weeks, so I'll see how I feel and choose something tomorrow morning.

Edited for Sunday: Hi everyone! I finished my workout week today with first 15 minutes from this youtube Cardio Party Mashup I really like (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hvd...ndex=8&t=1458s) which really got my heart rate up for Firm Express Ignite (Cycle 1) Cardio with Emily, then on a whim I did Firm Zip Trainer Barefoot Abs with Allie because I wanted to do some abs but I was waning and figured it wouldn't be overly hard. The Firm Express was about as tough and fun as I remember, very polished and the choreography wasn't confusing at all! I think I did the Barefoot Abs maybe one time when I first go the set and wasn't really in the mood for it, so had decided I didn't like it. Well I had an open mind today and I liked it a lot better! It had a lot of standing balance challenges to work the core, three 30-second bursts throughout, and some but not really much prone ab work. The Firm Express Cardio workout really worked the core, it seems like every move was a standing knee in or repeater type move, and I tried to really think about my abs and crunch my torso so between that and the barefoot abs I got in a really good total core workout. I also pulled out my RKS kettlebell DVDs with the idea that on Sundays I may try to do the shorter 'challenge' HIIT type workouts, I wanted to do one today but I did Barefoot Abs instead because I ran out of stamina LOL! Then a walk on the treadmill and stretch and two rest days coming up!

Eventmom I'm glad you've been sleeping well! I have found with carbs (particularly starchy carbs and even more specifically refined carbs) eating some makes you crave more. It's a vicious cycle! I hope you felt better today!

Eventmom and Buzzer I can also confirm the empty carbs can't be friends with me anymore It used to be okay but not as I've gotten older! I have heard that cooking veggies for longer is supposed to help them be easier to digest too, but haven't tested that yet. I already roasted my cruciferous veggies (broccoli, brussels sprouts, etc. the ones that give me digestion issues) so Im not sure how much more I could cook them! I wasn't ever eating them raw. For now I've regretfully cut them out temporarily with the hope of resetting my gut biome, then will slowly reintroduce them and hope they don't bother me as much. I've heard maybe steaming them before roasting them breaks down those enzymes more? I've been eating more protein lately but I'm trying to mostly keep it to chicken and fish. I eat some beef too but more like an indulgence than every day. I've also read the it takes like 4 days to digest?!

Buzzer Sorry to hear about the bad muscle fatigue around our sacrum! It's good that you became more cautious and used lighter weights, I'm glad it seemed to work itself out.

Doing jump rope with a real jump rope makes a HUGE difference in intensity! Being able to push yourself more because you know that's it for a while is how I feel about Sundays. By Sunday I'm usually very sore from the four days before, but I can usually eek out an intense HIIT or cardio workout because I know I won't step in the gym again until Wednesday. The mental break makes as much a huge difference to me as the physical break! I'm glad you're getting great use out of your pilates bar! I didn't think to use it today, but Sadie uses the playground ball so I guess I already had a prop. She uses it under the lower back and it relaxes the lower back but didn't make the ab work any easier, which was great!

We got just a dusting of snow last night into this morning, but the roads were totally clear today. It's just very cold and windy (I think there might be a wind advisory) but we aren't in a really intense place like other places are getting hit, but thanks for asking!

Awe I'm glad I could help LB to be aware of all the future Disney star wars stuff coming!! I keep crossing my fingers my nieces and nephews will get into star wars and/or harry potter as they get older, but nothing yet LOL.
Old 01-30-22, 04:02 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - TA 2.6 day 2 TA cardio I think??
today - TA 2.6 day 3 + 20 up to the beat walk

buzzer - you are right, cooked vegetables are easier to digest. If I have raw veg. more than 1 x day I have intestinal pain (not bloat, tissue pain). Friday I ate cooked veggies 2 x -at dinner 1/3 cup broccoli had roasted in the oven for 30 minutes. Slept 3 hours. yep. I'm backing off of green veggies. The IBS diet I follow, I checked something and realized I haven't paid good attention to portion. So 1/2 cup is probably all i can handle of these. I have to find out if it will help me sleep better. I actually do great with meat - meat has no carbs so it doesn't ferment. Last night I slept 6 hours and only had a small amount of veggies during the day. I get it on new workouts - it seems like a good idea then I look at what I've got and think just do what you have.

ebianco - yes on the starchy carbs - I worked with a naturopath on my headaches and her diet only allowed 1/2 c starchy carbs to keep blood sugar stable. Her diet allowed unlimited low starch veggies. I put myself in the hospital 2x in 2019 with that eating approach. I cut back on veggies but maybe I didn't cut back enough on the green veggies. So I'm sort of boxed in. Interesting on steaming first, I haven't tried that.