Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-11, 01:55 PM  
traceym1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona View Post
I think alot of people either feel this way or have in the past about Tracy Anderson, but the results speak for themselves.
Yes, I felt that way also and received her in trade figuring she would make a good trade or ebay sell(which she does) and had her sitting on my shelve for months. And I also think I kept telling myself she was a fraud because all those reps looked daunting and in reality I knew they would be alot of work. Well, I can't remember why, but I decided to do her program and once I put my mind to something I do it full force(all or nothing). Well, now I am completely hooked. I really put the mind to muscle, which Classical stretch training really helped with that, and I get alot out of it. I only do the hour, sometimes 10min more of cardio, but I can see how you could go 2 hours because you get that "high" feeling and just want to do more. Not at first for me, I felt beat up and exhausted, but now on Level 8, I feel that way. At first I could not do cardio on floor and believed it was not good for me, but after rebounding through all those levels, I have built up the strength in my knees and ankles and am now completely enjoying DC 07. My knees no longer hurt at work either, so I no longer believe DC is bad for me. I just needed to give it time. Anyways, I no longer believe she is a fraud and have really felt the progression in my body since beginning Level 1 and can't wait to begin continuity, which I love the idea of new workouts every 10 days.
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 02:57 PM  
PhyllisG

I agree. She is not a fraud and she delivers.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 03:08 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Floor work is what slims me down. You really can't beat FIRM Vol 1 floorwork or the ancient Buns of Steel. Tonique Mat comes close.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 03:55 PM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona View Post
Which Tonique were you using? I suspect all the squats and lunges might be to blame, which is why I've shelved Tonique CardioMat for now. I really like Mat and I'll be adding ankle weights soon.

I think you're right. I was using Premier & 2. I was never in love w/ Mat so I rarely used it. I really like the floorwork in Premier.

(I've since sold Mat & 2. No regrets.) I do LOVE Sylwia though. I think she's a total sweetie & I think her approach can work for many. For myself, I would just do it in smaller doses. (Half the squats, half the lunges).

Congrats on your results & adding ankle wts to mat! That's tough!

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 04:40 PM  
IrishOT

I also have some questions about TA. Most of my exercise life, I have been doing heavy weight work and intense cardio, as well as running (P90X, CLX, Insanity, TurboFire, Cathe, Jari, etc.) and have never been able to loose my middle or look "toned". I have been thinking of ordering the omni set; however all of the reviews regarding lack of cueing make me nervous as I am unable to see my TV during floor work (small apartment, sofa between workout mat and TV). I have Tracy Effinger's Squeeze and Squeeze stronger, are these similar at all to TA? I have also been looking at tonique, but unsure if I will enjoy the style. If anyone is willing to let me borrow some of the Omni workouts to try, I would really appreciate it (if you are willing, please send me PM). TIA for any advice!
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 05:47 PM  
mona

Here's a link to a webisode by Tracy Anderson. This is a great indication of her style. A few of these moves appear in her Perfect Design Series, which I have and love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7RDf...E893453C5F50B9

I have Tonique Cardiomat if you want to borrow it and test out Sylwia's style. Just PM me.

"You have been fully equipped for the race God specifically made for you." --Joel Osteen
mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 05:55 PM  
mona

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Congrats on your results & adding ankle wts to mat! That's tough!

Joan
Thank you..I'm excited

"You have been fully equipped for the race God specifically made for you." --Joel Osteen
mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 09:28 PM  
preklbt

Such great info... So many choices... TA mat or perfect design or tonique mat or physique 57?? Thinking maybe trying one or more of those. Any further suggestions?

Tami
preklbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 04:11 AM  
PhyllisG

TA's Metamorphosis.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-11, 10:34 PM  
fitmummy

Tracy is a total fake/she is celebrity driven and I feel like she cares only about people who have power to promote her to sell more dvds/her body jobs scared me when I recently saw her at her Watermill studio/whats shocking is her real image is so different from the covers/of course I like certain TA moves/but I love Sylwia's approach to life, and constant push to do more and achieve better results/i love Tonique because it pushed me to the next level of fitness and I never felt and looked better/i am planning to post my pictures before and after
fitmummy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, jules benson, tonique, tracy anderson