Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-24, 06:07 PM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
I think the 40-40-40 set was total body workout, ~40min long, for women over 40. I do have those.

When I see that you've both downloaded what's currently up, I'll pop them up next then.
That would be great.

FYI...I am done downloading. Just let me know when 40-40-40 goes up.

Thanks again for doing this!!!
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-24, 09:02 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Thanks! I bought a new PC today. I am tired of fighting my ither one that is only a year old. I am backing the current one up on a portable drive. I hope to have the other one ip and running tomorrow. I can then tell you what programs I have if you need any of those uploaded. Thanks again for your patience and generosity.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-24, 10:22 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I think I got all of plateau buster and MBF. I'll double-check tomorrow.

Do you remember what she said about using plateau buster? How to use it / incorporate it?

I really do wish she had not deleted her programs. She had some awesome workouts on there and I like the no talking / no breathing / soft music.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-24, 11:45 AM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
I think I got all of plateau buster and MBF. I'll double-check tomorrow.

Do you remember what she said about using plateau buster? How to use it / incorporate it?

I really do wish she had not deleted her programs. She had some awesome workouts on there and I like the no talking / no breathing / soft music.
Sorry...don't remember any of the "description" stuff she posted originally with these workouts.

My back is much better and I think I am ready to get started on one of these programs....just gotta decide which one! I do remember that 40-40-40 was billed as an "intermediate" but not sure about the others.
Old 03-13-24, 01:01 AM  
Helen

Sorry, I don't take down the description stuff either.
The only '40' workouts I have of hers are the Full Body 40min (original set) as well as those that were added more recently. The intro to workout 1 has a title onscreen of "40min for muscle over 40", and she says to aim for 3 workouts per week.

Don't have anything for the Plateau Buster, BUT the set has 4 workout titles:
Legs & Triceps
Back & Shoulders
Glutes & Abs
Chest & Biceps

That feels like 4/week, one of each, to me.
There are 4 'sets' of those 4 titles. Doing them in order, with one day off between each, is 32 days (there are 16 workouts in the set). If it's aimed at being a serious Plateau Buster, that feels about right.

As to beginner/intermediate/advanced - for weights, I don't feel like ANYTHING is a particular level because it's all the same moves - just use a weight that challenges you but you're still able to maintain good form - that's true for ANY level - even if you need to use bodyweight only. Things like pullups & pushups aside - I'm talking shifting weights around.

I'll starting making room by removing MBF & PB, to upload the 40min Total Body set. - I could put a separate folder INSIDE that to add her recent additions too as they're also full body, 40min.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-24, 06:59 PM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Sorry, I don't take down the description stuff either.
The only '40' workouts I have of hers are the Full Body 40min (original set) as well as those that were added more recently. The intro to workout 1 has a title onscreen of "40min for muscle over 40", and she says to aim for 3 workouts per week.

Don't have anything for the Plateau Buster, BUT the set has 4 workout titles:
Legs & Triceps
Back & Shoulders
Glutes & Abs
Chest & Biceps

That feels like 4/week, one of each, to me.
There are 4 'sets' of those 4 titles. Doing them in order, with one day off between each, is 32 days (there are 16 workouts in the set). If it's aimed at being a serious Plateau Buster, that feels about right.

As to beginner/intermediate/advanced - for weights, I don't feel like ANYTHING is a particular level because it's all the same moves - just use a weight that challenges you but you're still able to maintain good form - that's true for ANY level - even if you need to use bodyweight only. Things like pullups & pushups aside - I'm talking shifting weights around.

I'll starting making room by removing MBF & PB, to upload the 40min Total Body set. - I could put a separate folder INSIDE that to add her recent additions too as they're also full body, 40min.
Helen...just seeking your advice...which of the programs that you have made available do you think would be the most effective or do you think they are all pretty equal but just set up differently based on times per week and splits. I have been doing the full body stuff 3x per week (but took a break with my stupid back spasm) and want to get back to the weights.
Old 03-25-24, 09:51 PM  
Helen

To be honest - they'realmost all mainstream moves with freeweights.
I've skimmed through them ALL as they're all burnt to DVD and had to slide through to add chapters and nothing changes much.

For best strength gains, I'd do the splits as each muscle group is worked more.
The 20min total body (that INCLUDES a warmup & stretch!) only has time for a single set of one exercise for each muscle group - so great for beginners, or when you're time-crunched and want to sqeeze in a bit of everything. Same, pretty-much for the 30min. 40min total is better, but still, I reckon splits are better IF strength gains are your goal.

Advanced Body Part Split
Push Pull Legs
Upper Lower Split
Plateau Buster (splits are Leg/Tri; Back/Shldrs; Glute/Ham/Abs; Chest/Biceps)

Sorry for the late reply - haven't been on VF much for the past month. Slipped into a hole with DH away.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lift with cee