Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-13, 06:21 AM  
normandy

Any Suggestions for a Quiet, Smooth, Inexpensive Exercise Bike?

I just moved, and unfortunately, my treadmill will not get much use as there is a wonderful fitness center in my development that has great treadmills. I would like to find an exercise bike to use for my Sufferfest workouts and while watching tv at night. Of primary importance is a smooth, quiet bike, as my exercise room is next to my neighbor's bedroom and wile the apartments here are extremely quiet, I don't want to take any chances of disturbing them. Also, I need something as plain as possible -- I don't need any bells and whistles -- and not too expensive. Any recommendations will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!
normandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-13, 09:43 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I love the one I got a few months ago from Walmart. Sorry I'm no good with the url, but it's the Exerpeutic Space Saver Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Heart Pulse Sensors. It folds up, not flat, but takes less floor space when folded. It was easy to put together. Quiet as a whisper.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-13, 11:40 AM  
Kathleen86

My mom just got an exercise bike from Vision Fitness..it's very quiet and very solid/well-built. The resistance is magnetic, so you can't hear the pedaling. No bells and whistles on the computer..it has a couple presets and you can manually adjust resistance as well. This is the recumbent one she purchased, but they make uprights as well:

http://www.visionfitness.com/product/r10-recumbent-bike
Kathleen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-13, 12:19 PM  
raeven

I'm pretty sure all the magnetic resistance bikes are going to be quiet. I bought this live strong one back in march and I love it! I bought it locally at dick's sporting goods but here is the amazon link. It is completely silent. Love it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0065M...sr=8-1&pi=SL75
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-13, 02:45 PM  
alisoncooks

We bought a Schwinn recumbent bike a few years back and it was excellent. I really regret parting with it but we moved some stuff and didn't have room for it any longer. It was one of the nicer models but still affordable.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-13, 04:29 PM  
klutze01

I bought an upright Schwinn about 3 years ago and it still works great, although I haven't used it a ton. It is very quiet and smooth, I think I paid around $300 for it on Amazon.
Old 07-06-13, 12:02 AM  
Leonana

When searching reviews for spin bikes, this was the least expensive one listed in the article. I would like to get it myself.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sunny-Heal...ndingMethod=rr

I ended up buying an inexpensive upright from Craig's List for $30. It has the manual resistance, but it doesn't have some of the features a spin bike would have. It's pretty quiet and works well.