Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-05, 10:55 AM  
ooty

Hi Chris,

What is the fanny lifter..I have 4 FIRM DVDS But no lifter of any sort and I find it highly unsatisfactory to use a step and a rubbermaid stool to do it...will the fanny lifter be useful for me?

Thanks!

Ooty
Old 09-30-05, 11:05 AM  
Juliekins
VF Supporter

This is the latest iteration of the Fanny Lifter. It's 14" tall overall, and it splits into two sections. The top (purple) is 6", the bottom (blue) is 8". I know there are older wooden versions that were used/sold with the pre-GT Firms.

If you keep an eye out at your local Target, I hear a lot of them are going for super cheap these days. Personally, I prefer my Transfirmer to my old Fanny Lifter, but if you can pick an FL up on the cheap it would probably make Firming a more fulfilling experience.
Juliekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-05, 12:42 PM  
ooty

Thanks Juliekins..now I see what it is...
The 'thing' in the DVDs that I own are wooden, I think they call it tall box and short box..
I will keep looking...

Have a great weekend!

Ooty
Old 10-02-05, 11:50 AM  
Reva

What is the difference between a step and a transFIRMer ? Are they similar in the workout? I would like to hear from people who have used both.
Reva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-05, 10:20 PM  
emilybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhirlingDervish
I don't know where you're located, but another option is Craigslist. I got my club size step for $25 I think. I just had to be patient (and I hate being patient).

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone for this thread! And especially for this post that mentioned Craigslist!!
I had never looked at Craigslist before and checked it out because of this thread. Well-I still can't believe it but I just picked up my new full size club step with 4 risers for $23!! I am so excited! I have the home step and didn't think I would ever be able to afford the club size. It is like new! I am soo happy!! I can't wait till tomorrow to try it out!

Thank you again!!
Rhonda
emilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-05, 07:58 AM  
WhirlingDervish

Yay Rhonda! I'm happy it worked out for you.

I love Craigslist.
Old 10-05-05, 08:06 AM  
ooty

Where are Craigslist located?
Old 10-05-05, 08:58 AM  
Talie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooty
Where are Craigslist located?
Here's a link. craigslist
Talie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-05, 11:15 AM  
KickDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talie
Here's a link. craigslist
Thanks! But how do you use it? I found something that looked interesting to me, but I couldn't figure out how to respond to the person. All I could find in the way of help pages on craigslist was that I was supposed to click on the highlighted email address in the upper left hand corner of the post, but no such thing exists.
Old 10-05-05, 11:36 AM  
WhirlingDervish

Almost always there is an email address marked by "Reply to" (usually made anonymous by Craigslist) in the header section under the title of the post. That is the email address that you use to contact the person. Here's a random example: http://boston.craigslist.org/spo/102045219.html

However, sometimes people forget to do that. In that case sometimes people post another post in the same section with a title along the lines of "To the person selling the Club set."

Tags
step, the step