Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-04, 07:59 AM  
cz639

I also love step. I get more excite about step for cardio than anything else. Most of my video collection consists of step workouts but I have bought some hi-lo to change things up. I have some kickboxing tapes as well but they just don't excite me like step does. Kickboxing seems repetitive to me.

Born to be wild - live to outgrow it.
Lao Tzu
cz639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-04, 08:27 AM  
doskymom

I love step, too - it's my favorite, but I have other types of cardio now just to add some variety.
doskymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-04, 08:36 AM  
antbuko

Step is my favorite too and used to be the only cardio for me. I did it six days a week for about five years until it started to hurt my ankle. Now I still do step, still love it best, but I do hi/lo, Taebo, Rebounding and Spinning too.
Old 10-26-04, 08:58 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayM
If you can do Cathe, you won't have any problem with Christi! She does get more complex than Cathe, but I'm sure you could handle it. It just makes the workouts even more fun!
I couldn't do Christi. I can't handle anything more complex than Cathe (and I cant even do Rhythmic Step)

But, if you are a patient person, which I clearly am not, you may "get" it.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-04, 09:06 AM  
Rhae
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Elliott
I couldn't do Christi. I can't handle anything more complex than Cathe (and I cant even do Rhythmic Step)

But, if you are a patient person, which I clearly am not, you may "get" it.
I agree with Peggy. If you are patient, or if you somehow "click" with Christi's style, you will have better luck. I've watched some of the Collage clips, though, and I know that Christi is out of my league. She seemed to cue fine, but the complexity of the choreography was still beyond me.

For reference, I'm learning I can get most of Cathe's workouts. Some just take a little more time and practice.
Old 10-26-04, 09:11 AM  
TuffNuff

I only do step for cardio although I've been forcing myself to do hi/lo once or twice a week. Last year, it was ALL step but it can't be that good for your knees doing step 4-6x a week. Besides step, I love kickboxing, too. I get so MAD when I do hi/lo I actually curse at the instructor loudly. I don't know if it's me but does hi/lo feel extremely repetitive??
TuffNuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-04, 10:59 AM  
gypsygirl64

I am a total stepper too! There's nothing like getting to the point when you do a step workout and you can do it all with no mistakes (even the arms!).

BUT I just bought Cathe's CTX series that has a little bit of Hi/Lo and Kickboxing. But what I have read (mostly here in the reviews) that the kickboxing isn't "mainstream" kickboxing (thank God!) and the Hi/Lo is short.

Laura
gypsygirl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-04, 11:24 AM  
Mandy

Me!

If I could, I would do step everyday I love it soooo much. But I have to crosstrain for my knees sake so I do kickboxing on the days I don't do step. I don't have to hover around my video/dvd collection when it comes to step. I just grab my dvd or video and do it. I need no motivation whatsoever!
I love Donna Read, Christi Taylor, Gforce, Rob Glick, Patrick Goudeau and some CIA. I also love doing the Firm incline stepping. That makes step have a new twist to it! Like stepping uphill.

Three cheers for stepping!
Old 10-26-04, 11:43 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Step is definitely my favorite form of cardio. But, I do try to cross train with other forms so I don't overdo my knees. Plus, some days I just don't feel like dragging out my step or lifting my feet the six inches required to get them up onto the step! :rolleyes:

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-04, 11:48 AM  
Joe

I stay away from step videos. They're deadly... especially to a klutz like me.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
step