Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-04, 02:58 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

STEP/Step Interval - Your vote for Hall of Fame Step Workout

As an adjunct to my "VF Hall of Fame" needs you post, I'm going to try this out.

Please vote here for your VF Hall of Fame step or step interval video.

My vote - Step Heaven.

Thank you,
Nat

P.S. If this system seems to work, I'll start a similar thread for Yoga and other categories.
================================================== ===

Edited to add some guidelines for your selection this is copied and pasted from WWWendy's post on the other Hall of Fame thread (Annie S. wisely suggested that it be included it in this thread as well) -

1. Does it stand the test of time (> 2 years old)?
2. Is it among the very best compared to other workouts of that type?
3. Does it have great production values (even if the set or music or whatever isn't exactly to your taste)?
4. Does it contain exercises that are considered unsafe for the target audience? (Obviously a yes would be a problem)
5. Does it look dated? Hall of Famers shouldn't look too dated.
6. Bonus points if it is a "watershed" video in terms of style, structure, etc. especially if it inspired lots of imitators but still outshines most if not all the imitators.
7. Does it stand alone? If it's part of a series, do you need to have the others in the series? Does it assume you've already done previous workouts by the same instructor in order to know the moves?
8. Teaching/cuing should be excellent
9. Does it seem to appeal to a large percentage of VFers, even those w/ different tastes from yours?
10. Does it have the potential to (if done regularly, w/ good form, etc.) dramatically improve one's fitness level?
11. Bonus points for great music.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-04, 03:16 PM  
Fidget Queen

I think...

I have to vote for Cathe's Rythmic Step
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-04, 03:37 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

my nomination

Intense Moves by Gin Miller

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-04, 03:48 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

I second everyone else's nominations!

For me, I have to nominate Christi's Still Steppin Just For Fun!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-04, 03:56 PM  
bgn25

2nd vote for Christi Taylor Still Steppin
Old 07-21-04, 04:01 PM  
ErinF
Exchange Moderator

Step Heaven

My vote was close between CIA 9801 step and Step Heaven, but I have to say that in terms of long-term enjoyment of music and choreography, it was Step Heaven by a riser.

DISCLAIMER: I appeared as a background exerciser in a Patrick Goudeau step video. Impartiality in regard to his workouts, or any those of any other instructor with complex choreography, is NOT guaranteed!
ErinF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-04, 04:06 PM  
verygentlebreezes
VF Supporter

Another vote for Gin Miller's Intense Moves. Still Steppin is a close runner-up in my book. I've done both of these tapes this week in fact.
verygentlebreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-04, 04:23 PM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

My vote is for Step This Way

Originally voted for Rhythmic Step
Old 07-21-04, 04:26 PM  
knitter_mom

Gin Miller's Intense Moves - tough, fun, never gets old, okay on the knees and so adaptable to level of fitness and/or how you're feeling that day!

Kris
knitter_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-04, 04:31 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Intense Moves and Step Heaven are two of the best step videos out there. I would agree with both of these selections without any hesitation

I would also like to mention Keli Robert's Ultimate Step. In the other Hall of Fame post, WWWendy mentioned that it was important that not all Hall of Fame videos be advanced. I think in just about anybody's book, Intense Moves and Step Heaven would qualify as advanced, either in terms of intensity or choreography.

I think Ultimate Step is a solid, basic step workout that has stood the test of time. While none of the moves are particularly tricky, Keli changes the chereography often enough that it doesn't get boring. She also provides just enough options to make the workout a little more intense, if desired. I While I don't do this video as often as some others in my collection, I think it's one of the best videos at that level.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brand new butt, favorite step, step, step aerobics, step workouts, vf hall of fame