Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-21, 04:59 PM  
warriorprincess

I haven't worn it since I was 20 and DH said I was just as beautiful without it. What do I care what anyone else thinks? Maybe if I were young and single it would be worth it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 05:05 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Can I ask a question, not trying to be argumentative or judging or anything? If makeup is such a hassle, why do so many people wear it? Other than weddings bc of pictures, I haven't worn makeup since I was about 14 and don't even own any anymore. I was so excited to turn 13 when my parents had said I could wear some and I'm not even sure if I wore it a year, it just wasn't worth it to me. I'm just genuinely curious bc I have never understood it and it has been mentioned several times in this thread. Thanks!
Vantreesta, I didn't take your post as argumentative. I'm actually envious of women who don't wear makeup and feel comfortable with it. I'd prefer to just wear sunblock moisturizer and mascara. I feel better with eye makeup because my brows and lashes are very sparse from Hashimoto's, and I look kind of dead without eyebrow powder, eyeliner pencil, lash growth serum and gobs of mascara to make it look like I have a few lashes anyway. So I go through that whole PITA every day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 05:07 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for the replies! I appreciate it. I never thought about it being artistic. My father-in-law used to ask my mother-in-law why she wore it when she would go out. He told her she was beautiful without it, but I think it made her feel good to wear a little. I love how my hands look with nail polish but since it chips the next day, if not the same day, I don't bother bc for me it's not worth it even though my hands look pretty. I never asked my mom why she wore makeup. I have sometimes wondered if women wear it bc we're "supposed to" just like we're expected to have kids. It's fun to hear different perspectives.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 05:08 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Paine, don't call yourself a wrinkled old lady. That makes me sad. You are beautiful inside and out.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 05:10 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks for that, Pat. I feel like I'm constantly in a pot these days that's just about to boil over so I wanted to make sure no one thought I was asking to start an argument or debate. The other day my family was arguing on our group text thread over an innocent comment I made and I got so upset that I almost turned around and went our for a run even though I had just finished one!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 06:59 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Tracy - I got my masks at Cuddle Clones.

https://cuddleclones.com/product/cus...rint-facemask/

They are the best masks I’ve got - adjustable straps, nose wires and wide enough that they cover my nose and chin really well. I’d like them even if they didn’t have my fur kids’ pictures on them.
I just ordered two masks from them.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 08:01 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I struggled a little at first with mask wearing, I told myself if frontline workers wear them every day all day and even get red welts from them to keep us safe I can wear them for short periods. I got foggy with glasses, couldn’t hear properly (don’t know why that is) depth perception altered causing tripping.

Now I am happy to wear them in supermarkets, on public transport and in crowded spaces. Anywhere people cough and handle everything. I feel much safer.
For masks I wear makeup for brows and eyes and light skin makeup, no lippy just lip balm. People can tell I’m smiling because my eyes alter except when wearing sunglasses. I love making more of an effort to be polite verbally and to engage with people and have noticed others doing the same. The young ones still race around head down into their phones, nothing changed there. All in all I did find positives and will keep the pretty masks.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 08:34 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Same here. It makes me look a bit more alive, especially at age 61, when your skin starts looking more dull.

Although, I happen to enjoy it too. I think makeup is fun. I like to watch you tube videos about makeup application, especially eye shadow. Some people are really artistic.
I love the artistic aspect personally. I love deciding which blush to wear, I have several, Which highlighter, which eye shadow palette, which lipstick. How to pull it all together for a cohesive look.
So the mask kind of takes my "art" away. You can't see that I picked a lipstick that is a match to the blush and highlighter I picked, that also ties into my eyes.
Old 04-10-21, 09:04 PM  
noodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
No one knows that I have Bell's Palsy behind my mask.
Awe Pam I'm so sorry. It's nothing to be ashamed about although i totally understand wanting to hide under a mask as others can be too curious about your symptoms. Now no one even knows!
I bought all sorts of patterns and colors of masks. Love not wearing foundation or blush just lip balm and do my eyes. If i go for a walk on my days off it's mask/ sunglasses/ baseball hat and no makeup no hair do. I've saved money that's for sure.
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 09:15 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Can I ask a question, not trying to be argumentative or judging or anything? If makeup is such a hassle, why do so many people wear it? ...

I like the way it makes me look a bit better groomed, but freely admit that I've wandered away from the habit of wearing it.

I'm thinking I'll pick it up again, at least a little, once my life can open up again just a bit.

For about 30 years I wore the same taupe eye pencil and dark brown mascara, then I discovered the internet and lining your eyes with eye shadow.
I enjoy the playful/creative/artistic aspect of applying makeup and having it simply enhance, not overwhelm my features. With better products and better tools it's much easier than it used to be.

For a while I had skin problems and along the way I discovered powdered mineral foundations, and since that seemed to help, and playing with makeup was a distraction, I kept it up for a pretty good while. My skin eventually got better, though, and I've pretty much dropped makeup these past few years.

As I say, though, I do enjoy the fun of it. More in a simple way, now that I'm older and my coloring (and hair color) has changed a bit.

Definitely don't want to become one of those old ladies that wander out of the house with one bright turquoise eyelid and one completely devoid of makeup.

Oh, and I've never been one of those women with an immaculate full face of makeup all day. Can't manage that one, and I don't understand how people do it, so it's not something I could replicate even if I wanted to.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, makeup, masks