Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-10-21, 07:03 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Exactly! It's a all in fun. We all hate wearing a mask, too.
Yes this!

I will say, my DH (wears glasses) hates the mask much more than me or the kids (no glasses).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 08:06 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

First and foremost, I wear a mask out of the consideration and safety of others. Wearing a mask in public is a law in our city and I don't want to break the law. I like that I don't have to wear sunscreen on the lower half of my face when wearing a mask and I go outside for a walk. I like that a mask hides my wrinkled old lady face.

I wear a mask for all those reasons above but I really don't like wearing a mask because it's harder to breathe; my glasses fog up unless I tape the mask to my nose, which is annoying; it's harder to understand people talking when they wear a mask because their speech is muffled; when it's warm, the mask makes me hot and makes the masked part of my face sweat.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 08:19 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
First and foremost, I wear a mask out of the consideration and safety of others. Wearing a mask in public is a law in our city and I don't want to break the law. I like that I don't have to wear sunscreen on the lower half of my face when wearing a mask and I go outside for a walk. I like that a mask hides my wrinkled old lady face.

I wear a mask for all those reasons above but I really don't like wearing a mask because it's harder to breathe; my glasses fog up unless I tape the mask to my nose, which is annoying; it's harder to understand people talking when they wear a mask because their speech is muffled; when it's warm, the mask makes me hot and makes the masked part of my face sweat.
You have to wear masks when outside??? That is terrible! I cannot imagine walking or exercising in one. It doesn't seem healthy to breathe in all that expelled air. We exhale for a reason. Yikes. I am so thankful we don't have to wear masks outside here.

Like Mary/Izzy, very few masks fit me bc of my tiny head and ears.

And I am definitely asking people to repeat themselves much more often. And I don't like when baseball players are being interviewed in the postgame and have one on. Oftentimes I need to read lips when someone has a strong accent to help me understand and you obviously lose that with masks.

I also really really miss seeing people smile and having them know I'm smiling at them. For someone who is a social dork like me, we need every clue possible to be able to read people. I can't imagine how hard this is on people with certain disabilities.

And yes, we do what we have to do to protect ourselves and others, I agree. But I will be so grateful when I can be in a crowd and only have my normal level of germaphobia and paranoia instead of covid-level, and not have to do deep breathing exercises just to put on a mask and go into a store. You don't realize how big a deal that is until you can't do it anymore.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 08:30 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I like wearing my mask (and my sunglasses at the same time) because:

They are cute - I had custom masks made with my dogs’ photos on them. Parley Baer’s picture is on 3 masks and Homer Joy’s picture is on 3 masks.
Hi Gams—where did you get the custom mask made? My dog is the cutest dog in the whole world and I would love to have her pic on my masks .

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 09:44 AM  
Gams

Tracy - I got my masks at Cuddle Clones.

https://cuddleclones.com/product/cus...rint-facemask/

They are the best masks I’ve got - adjustable straps, nose wires and wide enough that they cover my nose and chin really well. I’d like them even if they didn’t have my fur kids’ pictures on them.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 09:53 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
You have to wear masks when outside???
Yes, we are required to wear a mask when we are outside of our home.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 10:03 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I look forward to not having to wear mask. I feel claustrophobic and I can’t relax enough to feel like I am breathing normally. I yank it off in my office and as soon as I step outside. None of them fit me. Too big or too small. I am constantly yanking at it one way or another. Also people mumble and the masks are making it worse. No one speaks up. I feel like those who mumble are talking even more softly in their mask. I can’t hear half the world.
I have a hearing loss and wear hearing aids. I didn’t realize how much I subconsciously read lips to figure out what people were saying. It’s definitely been a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Yes this!

I will say, my DH (wears glasses) hates the mask much more than me or the kids (no glasses).
It’s even worse with glasses and hearing aids. Plus I have small ears! I hook my glasses through the straps and that helps. I tried the tie on ones, and the ties would get tangled in my hair, then slip and fall down. The plastic extender things didn’t work either.
Old 04-10-21, 10:16 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope restrictions lighten up some for you soon! To be honest, I don't understand having to wear them outside but that's just me. When we walk we rarely see anyone and when we do either I or they cross the street or step into the street.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 11:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I think even after the pandemic restrictions are lifted I will still wear a mask under certain circumstances. Like traveling in an airplane, at an airport or sitting in a crowded movie theater or doctor's office. Those situations always made be concerned about germs anyway before all this.

I'm also not going back to shaking hands and hugging every dang person I run into either. All things that always made me concerned with germs pre-pandemic.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 11:36 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Oh wow, I would have a hard time with that, especially when no one is around me. In light of the science, that seems a little over the top.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, makeup, masks