Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-09-21, 10:53 PM  
Vantreesta

You guys are all way more positive than I am. I hate wearing them. Glasses fog up, I sometimes have anxiety attacks wearing one, my face gets hot. I cannot wait to put them behind us. I'm glad you all have found a way to put positive spins on them!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 11:12 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
You guys are all way more positive than I am. I hate wearing them. Glasses fog up, I sometimes have anxiety attacks wearing one, my face gets hot. I cannot wait to put them behind us. I'm glad you all have found a way to put positive spins on them!
Sometimes you've gotta do what you have to do to make the best of it. Oftentimes it takes a bit of sacrifice and a little humor to ge through it all.
Old 04-10-21, 01:42 AM  
Lauren

I like wearing my mask for many of the reasons listed.

Not sure if sticking out one's tongue at rude people was mentioned? lol. I always get a little chuckle and it enables me to pray a blessing over the little darling.

My routine has simplified.. no fuss hair, no foundation. A little eyeliner, and lipstick, I feel naked without it. Stud earrings, and out the door.

No worries of unsightly facial hair.

A sense of anonymity..

I have a feeling I will feel pretty exposed when/if I ever un-mask.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 04:07 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i agree with many of the points everyone listed.

warning - yucky thought:

masks shield me from smelly things, like other people's bad breath and body odor! and add to that other smelly things like trash, smoke, etc.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 05:09 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I’m with you Vantreesta (except the anxiety attacks thankfully).

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 05:47 AM  
DCW

I am not out in public that often so it's not hard.

Walking outside, the difference in the pollen was amazing. I wear glasses so the combo made a big difference.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 06:11 AM  
Izzy

I look forward to not having to wear mask. I feel claustrophobic and I can’t relax enough to feel like I am breathing normally. I yank it off in my office and as soon as I step outside. None of them fit me. Too big or too small. I am constantly yanking at it one way or another. Also people mumble and the masks are making it worse. No one speaks up. I feel like those who mumble are talking even more softly in their mask. I can’t hear half the world.
Old 04-10-21, 06:46 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Sometimes you've gotta do what you have to do to make the best of it. Oftentimes it takes a bit of sacrifice and a little humor to ge through it all.
Exactly! It's a all in fun. We all hate wearing a mask, too.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 07:00 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i agree with many of the points everyone listed.

warning - yucky thought:

masks shield me from smelly things, like other people's bad breath and body odor! and add to that other smelly things like trash, smoke, etc.
But sometimes they trap it...like when I down a coffee and have to mask. Coffee breath! Or the other day I had some street tacos, heavy on the onion. Mask back on...yikes.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 07:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I don't mind wearing the mask for many of the reasons stated - the warmth in cold weather, pollen, a layer of protection from smelly things and wrinkle camouflage. I've taken to wearing one while doing housework and it's helped significantly with my allergies.

I wear either a lightweight paper surgical mask, or my niece's homemade cloth masks that are super comfortable.

My only problem is that the paper masks block my vision when I look down.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, makeup, masks