Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-08-21, 05:38 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
It's been a few hours now and my arm is already sore, I feel a little "off," but so far mostly normal. I suspect some of my sensations are me just being hyper-aware of how my body feels. I was VERY nervous going into this second dose, but after my 76-year-old dad reassured me that he felt 100% normal after his second Pfizer dose, I felt more brave. We'll see how the next few days treat me!
Hope you feel ok but I did want to comment that older people tend to have fewer reactions because their immune response is weaker than younger people.

It's so interesting to see all the different reactions!

Ds2 had his first shot of Moderna on Tuesday and had low-grade fever, pretty bad fatigue, and a very sore arm for about 36 hours. Ds3 gets his tomorrow. My second Moderna dose is next week and I'm a bit nervous!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 06:47 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Ds2 had his first shot of Moderna on Tuesday and had low-grade fever, pretty bad fatigue, and a very sore arm for about 36 hours. Ds3 gets his tomorrow. My second Moderna dose is next week and I'm a bit nervous!

Erica
I had more side effects with the 1st dose of Moderna versus the 2nd dose. Arm was a little sore for about 2 days. I had a headache but I couldn't tell if it was from season allergies or the vaccine.

The first dose left me quite fatigued and I had a severe case of chills/shivering. My body was actually violently shaking. Wrapped myself in a tight blanket and it stopped after a minute. As I work for Pulmonary physicians I spoke to one of them, he said - Yes, the vaccine is doing what it is supposed to!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-21, 08:41 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Paula - I feel your pain, I'm in the U.S., but so far, my state has proven to be managing the vaccine distribution in the most disappointing way. I was finally just able to register to be notified to schedule an appointment at one of the state-run sites - this just makes me eligible to be put on a list to be notified of the ability to make an appointment.

My DH, on the other hand, has been getting pressure to return to work. He registered to be notified by the mass vax sites and he received several text messages - that needed to be responded to w/in 10 minutes in order to schedule an appointment. The text messages arrives at a time when people with normal working hours are likely in their cars commuting and they come w/ no indication that it is a legitimate site - no indication that it is a state run mass vax site - just a random # to respond to w/in 10 minutes. heaven help you if you aren't glued to your phone and heaven help you if you respond to one of these messages and it turns out to be a big scam. I mean - really - no indication that it is a legit site???

The way DH ended up getting his appointment is b/c I have insomnia and one night when I couldn't sleep I started scouring the retail pharmacy sites. He now has an appointment at a Walmart 30-40 miles away. I sure hope that when he is there they schedule him for the 2nd shot as I hate to think of going through that again to get an appointment.

In theory, in my state I will be eligible for a vaccine after April 27th. I bet it will not be easy to actually get one though. But, at least I'm not getting pressure to return to the office.

Maryland, I think, did a good job responding to the pandemic last year, but they have been woefully deficient in getting vaccines out to the public in a reasonable manner.

My rant....

Donna
I hear you about the state not handling vaccine distribution efficiently. I'm in the Chicagoland area, and people are having a hard time signing up for the vaccine around here. Also, I have heard about college kids downstate who have been able to get the vaccine because they have so many vaccines available. Illinois has groups of eligibility for the vaccine and I won't even be able to try to sign up for the vaccine until sometime next week when it is open to everyone over 16. I can just imagine it is going to be a nightmare to get an appointment. I guess I could always try to schedule something away from Chicago and might have better luck. You would think that the powers that be in the state might say, "you know Chicago has a very large population, lets set up more vaccination sites and send more vaccines there."
But that would make sense!

Okay...now my rant is over!
Old 04-09-21, 08:55 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
I had more side effects with the 1st dose of Moderna versus the 2nd dose.
As a side note, there's a theory that this means you'd been exposed to Covid at some point in the past. Often the side effects are worse with the second exposure (whether it's the 2nd shot, or the 1st shot following infection/exposure), because your immune system is "primed" to respond.

I was just a bit tired after my first Pfizer shot. Second shot is next Wednesday and I'm watching my work calendar to make sure I can take Thursday off if I need to.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 12:31 PM  
Kitten

I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine yesterday.

A little less than 24 hours later, the soreness in my arm and my sluggishness went away.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 12:57 PM  
donnamp

I'm getting J&J on Monday...will see how I feel afterwards!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 02:04 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

I had my first shot yesterday, Moderna, and I feel really tired today. Not sure if I’ll work out. Luckily, a little fatigue and a sore arm are the only side effects. I should be fine tomorrow.
Sarah O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 07:42 PM  
Leonana

Quote:

Donna
Awesome!
Old 04-09-21, 10:51 PM  
BunnyHop

Got my second Moderna dose two days ago. The first night and the whole second day were pretty uncomfortable. I think I had a bit of fever, but my fancy thermometer wasn't behaving well, and I couldn't find the old-school type. Must have hidden it from myself. Not more than a degree or two.

Feeling much better today, but my arm is still stiff. Did some exercise, though. So glad that headache is over.
Old 04-10-21, 08:41 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:

Donna
Woohoo!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccinations, vaccines