Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-20, 05:59 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
I've been putting off having a nagging little ache in my tooth looked at. I don't know why. It's not like I can delay it until a vaccine is out. But here in South Florida is a scary place to be around people. My eyeglass prescription is way overdue too.
If you are having pain, I would have it looked it, just my personal opinion. Years ago I had an abcess and it was the worst pain I have ever had, of course I haven't had any children.

Not saying that is what it is but I would have it looked it just in case. Tooth pain is something I will never ignore because it can become unbearable.

I am supposed to get a cleaning next week but they called me today and need to reschedule as my hygienist is out on maternity leave. I need to call back but I am fine holding off for a few months.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-20, 10:13 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

P.S. I went for mammograms and an ultrasound screening over the last week at the local women's center within our town's medical facility and it was really (eerily) quiet as the lab and pharmacy close by lunch time (I was there in the late afternoon). Staff were super friendly and welcoming, hands sanitized, masks issued, elevators empty, the few patients around all very considerate about distancing. Definitely felt safer and cleaner than Trader Joe's (which I still love visiting every other week to stock up on food items my kids consider essential... like granola, nuts and chips!)
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-20, 03:17 PM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

I go to the dentist every day-actually the periodontist. I work as an RDH (almost 30 years in this practice)

I trained during the AIDS pandemic and everyone follows universal precautions -bloodborne pathogen standard since the 80s. Surface disinfection and sterilization of high contact items and instruments isn’t new.

The biggest concern is the air. The ACH (air exchanges per hour) in any building I enter. How many ACH? Do they have a UV light in the HVAC to kill viruses?

We are using a HOCL fogger in the office to kill viruses and ‘clean the air’, I have an external H14 multi layer HVE vacuum to attract and suck up aerosols and kill viruses with a UV light.

Patients walk in the front door and exit the rear of the surgical office, reducing any unnecessary infractions of social distancing. We also use a preprocesural rinse for the nasopharyngeal area where most viruses reside, when we breathe speak etc we create aerosols.

I feel safest at work because I know what it takes to truly be safe.

I never felt safe at my other medical providers because their protocol for clean and surface disinfection doesn’t compare to dentistry. I have always cringed with the reuse of a blood pressure cuff (it is never washed) and I have never known an MD to don gloves and a mask for a routine exam.
Old 07-24-20, 12:55 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I won’t go to the dentist, unless it's an emergency.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 01:05 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I won’t go to the dentist, unless it's an emergency.
I don't want to go. I'm having an issue with one tooth and don't want it to turn into something more serious.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 01:16 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I don't want to go. I'm having an issue with one tooth and don't want it to turn into something more serious.

That’s where I was at....broke about 2/3 off a molar and didn’t want the whole tooth to collapse and become painful. I’m glad I had it fixed and I felt very safe about it.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 02:27 PM  
Hsim

I was actually shamed into going. When the office called to confirm I wanted to cancel and asked if others were cancelling also. They told me no so I went.
I don't regret going as they were very careful and they now give you a mouth rinse that kills all germs including covid right after you get seated in the chair along with other safety protocols.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 05:26 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsim View Post
they were very careful and they now give you a mouth rinse that kills all germs including covid right after you get seated in the chair along with other safety protocols.
Yes, my office was very careful too....social distancing & plexiglass in the reception area, chairs outside if you needed to wait, staff in full PPE, antiseptic mouth rinse. I felt quite safe, we are fortunate to have a very low number of Covid cases here, but we remain cautious & vigilant. I feel for those living in areas where case numbers continue to be high.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, dentist