Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-20, 12:30 PM  
warriorprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I may just wear a mask for the rest of my life - I like people not being able to tell how old I am. 😄
This and sunglasses is the ticket! I can pass for 20 years younger from the neck down.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
Old 07-15-20, 01:06 PM  
Gams

Yep, Nancy, I always wear my sunglasses, too. I think used to wear makeup almost every day, too, and haven’t worn it much at all lately. I wore it last week on my birthday - dressed up to go pick up a pizza for my birthday dinner. 😄 Looked in the mirror and thought “You slut!” 🤣
Old 07-15-20, 01:35 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Yep, Nancy, I always wear my sunglasses, too. I think used to wear makeup almost every day, too, and haven’t worn it much at all lately. I wore it last week on my birthday - dressed up to go pick up a pizza for my birthday dinner. 😄 Looked in the mirror and thought “You slut!” 🤣
You are so funny (and share my son's birthday!)

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 07-15-20, 02:28 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I bet if there was a chance of winning $50M for wearing a mask, people would wear the mask.
Haha that's a great idea!
Old 07-15-20, 02:37 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I just saw a headline that WalMart is going to require customers to wear masks. On one hand I’m glad they took that step, but on the other hand I can’t imagine how they are going to enforce it.

I’m really tired of all this. I have issues that put me the high risk group so every tiny ache, pain, cough, dry throat, etc. is cause for alarm. A co-worker has tested positive so now those of us who are concerned about coronavirus have become even more stressed. Too many of my co-workers just don't seem to care and that is another source of stress since they won’t wear their masks like they should.
_____
YADeb
Old 07-15-20, 02:38 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
I just saw a headline that WalMart is going to require customers to wear masks. On one hand I’m glad they took that step, but on the other hand I can’t imagine how they are going to enforce it.

I’m really tired of all this. I have issues that put me the high risk group so every tiny ache, pain, cough, dry throat, etc. is cause for alarm. A co-worker has tested positive so now those of us who are concerned about coronavirus have become even more stressed. Too many of my co-workers just don't seem to care and that is another source of stress since they won’t wear their masks like they should.
_____
YADeb
I hope Walmart has plans to hire security for the front door then.
Old 07-15-20, 03:13 PM  
Leonana

The studies on immunity are preliminary. Which most studies are right now, with information changing so fast. I really like the Sawbones podcast on medical literacy. Dr. McElroy explains about the studies and immunity. There are issues with the studies, and most likely immunity will last longer than a few months.

This episode is on medical literacy and how to interpret the news.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000484726002
Old 07-15-20, 03:26 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

On the immunity front, there are documented cases of folks getting the virus twice (i.e., once in March and again in June), so the immunity, if there is any, may not last long.

Carol
Old 07-15-20, 03:27 PM  
bubbles76

WalMarts in NJ require masks. No security necessary. I've seen people kicked out of Target and the post office up here for not wearing their masks.

I'm with Lori: What's the harm in overdoing it right now?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 07-15-20, 03:37 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
WalMarts in NJ require masks. No security necessary. I've seen people kicked out of Target and the post office up here for not wearing their masks.

I'm with Lori: What's the harm in overdoing it right now?
It's amazing how many people are all 'BUT MY RIGHTS!!!' when they they have to do such a simple thing to keep their fellow countrymen/women alive. How it is "patriotic" or "smart" to go around spreading disease on other people around you and possibly killing them is beyond me.

Also all the people who think they won't die if they get it and will recover, you still might have to go into the hospital for a few days and end up with thousands in medical bills. And the long term effects of the virus are still unknown.

God help us if this country goes to war and we have to be inconvenienced in any way. I'm not convinced people will stop partying or follow instructions then either.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, masks, pandemic, what a drag it is