Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-20, 09:42 PM  
Tugger31

Unhappy Low Impact HiiT Help

I'm not even sure this workout exists. I'm looking for dvd or something free on youtube. I have some limitations now after having a surgical procedure. I'm looking for some low impact HiiT or something in general to give me more of the heart pumping cardio burn I used to get from my higher impact workouts. I can't do burpees, mountain climbers, anything that involves lifting weights over my head, and no sit ups/crunches. I can't seem to find anything
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 11:20 PM  
SEV

Cathe has a dvd from X Train that is what you're looking for. I'm sure Jessica Smith has several on her youtube channel and check out Heather Robertson on youtube also.
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-20, 11:45 PM  
deineira

Kettlebells seem perfect for your needs. Body weight workouts can also be very challenging. Check out FitnessBlender’s channel on a YouTube. The have low impact workouts in their HIIT playlist.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 06:35 AM  
fanofladyvols

You have gotten some great suggestions.
Thought I'd toss two others for you to consider besides those.

Jessica Smith HIIT ...she has several on YouTube. Here's one to get you started: Jessica Smith Low impact HIIT

Also, do you have access to an elliptical, indoor or outdoor walking? I know you said you wanted free but Cardiocoach is perfect for that. Varying speed and resistance for intervals works great.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 08:37 AM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

If there’s any way you can get access to a spin bike, you can definitely get some low impact killer cardio.
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 12:51 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Cathe's LoMax? She has some low impact plyo on the Ripped with Hiit series as well. I honestly don't remember if there are the moves you mentioned in your post, but I don't think so.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-20, 01:16 PM  
bubbles76

How about kickboxing or boxing? Just don't do any jumping kicks. It's been awhile, but the ones I know that made me sweat are:
  • Tracey Staehle Strike Zone
  • Any Susan Chung - I believe she may have some burpees, but you don't have to do them.
  • Ilaria Atletica - she has pushups in the first, but no burpees I don't think
  • Ilaria Body Strikes
  • Piloxing System - plenty sweaty, especially holding sand weights or wearing weighted gloves
  • Dana Pieper's Everybody Fitness: Kickbox Challenge
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-20, 12:20 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
anything that involves lifting weights over my head, and no sit ups/crunches. I can't seem to find anything
I feel your frustration. When I was struggling with plantar fasciitis I did a lot of Pahla B workouts on YouTube. She uses a lot of overhead arm movements to get HR up without impact, but often unweighted or you could modify as needed.

Caroline Jordan is also popular for HIIT with limitations but I haven't done any of her workouts so can't comment.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 08:33 AM  
owltx

You've gotten some good ideas from pp's - I would echo Jessica Smith Hiit's on you tube as an excellent option. She really does a nice job w/low impact options.

Cathe has some other Low Impact HiiT that are good. She usually does incorporate mountain climbers or burpees as one of the drills, but you could just substitute another drill for that one.

A previous poster mentioned Xtrain All Out Low Impact HiiT - this is my favorite LIH of hers - great music, love switching up the equipment.
Ripped With Hiit has a Low Impact Hiit w/two workouts. I like the one using the step more - really gets my heart rate up w/o the impact. She does have a move in there (I *think* its that one) where she has you stepping on and off the step w/three pound hand weights - just ditch the weights.
X10 has a low impact workout that's pretty decent.
FitSplit has a low impact cardio - not exactly Hiit, but if you combine that w/the X10 low impact, you will definitely get your heart rate up. And there are some good moves in the FitSplit cardio.
Both Crossfire and To The Max have low impact tabatas. I do think that they rely on mountain climbers for one of the drills.
Intensity has a LIH, and has a premix that repeats it twice (I think it is @10 minutes or so)
ICE Low Impact Sweat is another good option. There is some light weights that you hold on the drills, so you'd want to watch for those.

Tags
cathe low impact, low impact hiit