Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-10-20, 04:01 PM  
sherry7899

Help weeding out dvds to get rid of

How do you decide which dvds to get rid of? I really want to pare down to my favorites.

If you have dvds you are not sure about, do you do most of your "real" workout and then do a sections of ones you are unsure about?

I did it backwards this morning and did sections of three different cardio dvds. I felt like I did not get in a "real" cardio workout, but I think I am getting a cold and did not have energy for more than that anyway.

Some I can tell on preview that I will not do again, so that helps.

Thanks!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 04:13 PM  
SpiritYogi

If I don't look forward to doing a workout or it languishes on my shelf because I only do it xx number of times per month (because I have others I prefer to do instead of that one), it goes in the 'out' pile.

I'd rather have a few that I love and do often than have a lot and only truly enjoy a select few.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 04:22 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
If I don't look forward to doing a workout or it languishes on my shelf because I only do it xx number of times per month (because I have others I prefer to do instead of that one), it goes in the 'out' pile.

I'd rather have a few that I love and do often than have a lot and only truly enjoy a select few.
That is my goal! I have dvds I have not done in YEARS!

Old 02-10-20, 05:18 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I just got very ruthless with my collection. If I haven’t used it in several months, it went. If it’s high impact, something that I don’t enjoy, or something I’ve learned won’t ever work for me, it’s gone. I like my downloads and streaming, there’s so much available online and much of it is free. I find that I rarely reach for DVDs, although I do have a few I won’t part with. I’m purging the entire house, have too much stuff and will be downsizing. I’m trying to become more of a minimalist. I also know that when I move I’ll be going to more live classes.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 05:23 PM  
sbh

I have a lot of dvds that I have not done in a long time. I decided to hang onto the old workouts because dvds are probably going to the wayside someday. I trade the ones I tried and didn't like, but keep the ok ones. I stream a little yoga and Jessica Smith, but I much rather have a hard copy.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 06:24 PM  
fanofladyvols

Sherry, it's funny you ask this because I'm working on this as well. I'm thinking about boxing up ones that I look at and just don't automatically think "Aww I love that one!"

I'm thinking if I never wonder about them or miss them in a few months, I should be able to purge them.

I do that anyway to create my trade pile but have never done it on a large scale.

I'm not sure how many I will end up boxing up because I know I don't want to regret purging since there is a limited number of new DVDs that will be created. I prefer a physical copy and hate the idea of depending on my crappy internet for streaming. Live classes aren't my thing either. DVDs/VHS are my main exercise method so I will always want a large collection to keep from being bored.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-20, 06:38 PM  
sherry7899

I am also wondering what to keep because hardly any new dvds are being released. I do not like to depend on streaming. I have no.desire to ever take live classes.

Pam, you are doing a great job! I hope you enjoy the live classes. I am way too shy to ever do them.

Thanks for the input so far!

Old 02-10-20, 10:31 PM  
BunnyHop

I'm planning to box up a bunch just to ease the visual clutter. Not getting rid of them, because as others have said, the dvd supply chain isn't what it used to be. I feel lucky that I have storage space enough to do this.
Old 02-10-20, 11:19 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I guess I’m just not worried about the DVD supply as there’s so much new stuff out there in downloads & streaming. I’m a variety junkie and love trying new things. I also travel a lot & streaming is so portable.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 02:35 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I just got very ruthless with my collection. If I haven’t used it in several months, it went. If it’s high impact, something that I don’t enjoy, or something I’ve learned won’t ever work for me, it’s gone.
Exactly. In the past few months I've gotten rid of hundreds of workouts, and I'm still purging. If they're too long, too hard, too short, too boring, annoying, ineffective, whatever...they're gone. I'm only keeping workouts that bring a smile to my face and my body, and happily I'm left with plenty.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downsizing, purging, purging dvds