Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-02-19, 06:34 PM  
Lannette

Bosu Brand or Off Brand?

I’m just curious if anyone has gotten an off brand Bosu style balance trainer that you really like? I was looking on Amazon and there are quite a few look as sturdy as the Bosu Brand.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss

Last edited by Lannette; 10-02-19 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Fix typo
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 07:31 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Hi, I have a Beleboom Balance Trainer and I love it! I got the black one. I've have it for around two months now and I am still loving it, I have used it since I got it quite often, sometimes 5 times a week, sometimes a bit less. It is very sturdy, max capacity is 800lbs, and it feels and looks well build (quality), I have used it with Bosu DVDs, Step 360 DVDs, and any other DVD that has burpees, bridges, etc. I can't compare it to a Bosu since I have never had one. I have had 2 Step 360 in 5 years and they both cracked (unfortunately), I liked it so much that I considered investing in the pro version, but I wasn't sure it would be better build. So I went with the Beleboom instead, I find it definitely more challenging than the Step 360, I also got this one because it was cheaper for me (I am in Canada), there was a sale plus $10 off, and reviews were all good, I contacted the company with some questions and I they replied quickly. So far, I have been very pleased with my purchase. HTH

https://www.amazon.com/BELEBOOM-Exer.../dp/B07MXDJMFH

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 09:42 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

As Sweet As Sugar,

That looks good. I like the texture of it. And you get those cords with it!!! Awesome sauce

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 10:35 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Cheryl, I love the texture of it! Which is not only helpful (non-slip), I think it looks beautiful. ☺ The cords feel sturdy as well, I haven't used them as much, only a few times, but they are nice to have.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 10-03-19, 09:44 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Cheryl, I love the texture of it! Which is not only helpful (non-slip), I think it looks beautiful. ☺ The cords feel sturdy as well, I haven't used them as much, only a few times, but they are nice to have.
something that nice you won't want to put it away.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 11:08 AM  
Lannette

Thank you for sharing this info AsSweet. I was actually looking at that half ball. I think it was a different listing.

I’m also looking at THIS ONE. It comes in black, lists 600 pounds as max weight and doesn’t have the bungees, though that doesn’t bother me. I think it’s a little smaller too and seems a bit heavier than the Beleboom. There aren’t any reviews either.

Is your Beleboom really as light as they say it is?

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 10-03-19, 11:33 AM  
Lannette

When I followed your link the price for the Beleboom was $109.99+ but there was a coupon for 10% off so it ended up being around $99.99, which is what I initially saw as the price.

I’m not sure this link will work but it’s now showing up for $99.99 with a $10.00 off coupon.

Very tempting.

Old 10-03-19, 11:44 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I had a real Bosu for a long time and another family member wanted it, and I wasn’t using it enough anyway, so I gave it away.

Then recently I decided to pick up an off brand (this one: https://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-P...0120612&sr=8-2). The price was right. Having had the Bosu, in my opinion the cheap one is more challenging to use because the ball part is taller and more bubbly if that makes sense, I remember the Bosu brand dome being firmer and slightly flatter. I actually like the knock off better since I get a really big balance challenge on this one.

The negatives of the knock off are that the base (when dome side down) isn’t comfortable on the hands like the Bosu was with the molded handles. The band things are incredibly cheap and I haven’t even attempted to use them-the amazon reviews also warned of the cheap bands but I wasn’t interested in them anyway.

I didn’t want to go all out with an investment since I knew I wouldn’t use it all the time, but so far I’m using it maybe twice a week and very satisfied.
Old 10-03-19, 11:56 AM  
Lannette

That’s really inexpensive Ebianco and it’s rated for 660 pounds. I wonder how they rate them.

I have the original Bosu Pro but I got it back when they were first released so it’s really old. I’m nervous about it blowing out and my getting hurt. That really keeps me from going full out on it and I think I actually avoid using it to some degree. Mine is pretty high.

Old 10-03-19, 01:14 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
something that nice you won't want to put it away.
Mine has been in the living room since I got it I sometimes do some balancing moves while watching tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Thank you for sharing this info AsSweet. I was actually looking at that half ball. I think it was a different listing.

I’m also looking at THIS ONE. It comes in black, lists 600 pounds as max weight and doesn’t have the bungees, though that doesn’t bother me. I think it’s a little smaller too and seems a bit heavier than the Beleboom. There aren’t any reviews either.

Is your Beleboom really as light as they say it is?
You're welcome Lannette, I saw the one you linked yesterday while searching for the one I bought, it looks good, but no reviews so far, unfortunately.

My link is also showing the new price, I got it a that price in CAD$, $60 CAD less than the Bosu.

I just weighted it on my scale, the weight they listed is accurate (11.5 lbs). How much does weight a Bosu? Also they said to not over inflate (22cm max), I pumped mine to 20cm and it feels firm enough, I didn't want to go to close to the max, since I saw a few Bosu reviews with the domes out of its frame, that scares me.

Tags
bosu, knock off bosu