Old 07-13-16, 11:41 PM  
woodie

love love love

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-16, 07:38 AM  
muggle

Are her step routines steady state or are there some blasts mixed in? I love Cathes step workouts!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-16, 01:04 PM  
owltx

Cataddict - I just wanted to say I would totally agree that her workouts aren't the easiest to get the first time through - I definitely rely on repetition to get my feet to learn the footwork. Also, I love your avatar kitty pic!

Muggle - Her ASC2 and ASC3 had "power ups" that you could work in with a premix option. Her ASC5 had more of what I would call fusion intervals - she had you do a jumpy/intense part of a combo for a longer time while learning the combo, then worked the move back into the combo. Just her combos are pretty intense, though.
Old 07-14-16, 05:36 PM  
Loriann

Here are links to some of her step routines on YouTube
https://youtu.be/YDfKGowH4yY

https://youtu.be/MRzdb_PM5t8

Lori
Old 07-14-16, 08:32 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyancy View Post
Omg I am sooooo excited bc I love Amy bento and her step workouts. I guess I'm one of the few that still loves complex choreography and Amy definitely does that well
Nope. I'm with you! She's my favorite for cardio and step.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-16, 08:42 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
I've always been interested in her step workouts but have heard the choreography is very complex. I like her as a trainer but I can't stand being ready to sweat and end up standing there lost.
She is a combo of steady state and athletic moves. She definitely delivers but there is a learning curve. One of the things that helps me pick up her choreography quicker, is taking out the twirly moves. I tend to not like to spin around. Her last step vid is fun, but more complex and twirly than her others. I actually like ASC 2 & 4 the best. For kickbox her Kickbox Surge is tough, fun and has awesome music. She has a few on Your tube, if you want to try them out.
Old 07-14-16, 10:16 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Any advice on which is her best step workout to start with? I had one years ago (can't remember which one - maybe ACS2) and got rid of it. Like muggle, I too ended up standing there lost. Could not manage more than a minute or so.
For reference, I step 3 or 4 times a week and can handle Christi, Seasun, Marcus Irwin, Rebecca Small, Rob Glick, Cathe, and so on. Something about the one I tried just stopped me dead in my tracks. I typically drop a few spins and twirls on my first couple of times of a new workout until I get the hang of it, but I could not even do that with Amy. Just stood there staring at my TV.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-16, 05:24 AM  
bubbles76

Maybe ASC3? Definitely do the preview chapters first. When I first tried ASC and ASC2 I was big into Christi Taylor as well, and still couldn't get either of Amy's workouts. I gave up completely on ASC and the only thing that got me through ASC2 was the fantastic music. Truthfully, I still haven't gotten all the way through it, but that's only because of time. After years of stepping with Amy and others, I tried ASC again and got all the way through it.

Things to remember about Amy --she usually cues on the move, she won't tell you which side of the step you're on (like Christi will say that she's on the back of the step, you just have to watch with Amy), and you should probably learn from Amy in chunks. You will never get an Amy step workout the first, second, or third time. But the music is usually very good and you can keep Amy's step in your collection FOREVER because you can learn from it.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-16, 07:47 AM  
rheash92

If there was one step workout that you could get which one do you think is the best for someone who loved advanced choreo? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-16, 09:34 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
If there was one step workout that you could get which one do you think is the best for someone who loved advanced choreo? Thanks!
ASC2 is the most fun. Really all of them are imo. Her 1st is pretty fun, but I can't get past the whooping throughout. That was her 1st and not very good production quality or music. Good choreography though. Her older ones are on you tube. Many didn't like ASC4, but I do. Her set is really pink in that one.

Tags
amy bento ross, step