Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-30-16, 09:37 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I just got finished doing Firm BSS1 Body Sculpt and Cardio Sculpt this week. Boy, these were pretty tough little workouts! I was dripping throughout Body Sculpt! I used 12's,15's, and in some spots 20's and felt really good. Except for front and side raises, which I don't go over 8's for (tweaky shoulder). Felt worked out, but not wiped out, and slept really good. Both workouts were a bit longer than I like for morning workouts, but I didn't have a problem doing them in the evening. Reminded me of why I like evening workouts so much.

Are there any other Firms or workouts like these? Just hitting everything, minimal equipment, no rushed feeling, decent if not stellar form pointers, under an hour?
I always thought that Body Sculpt was one of the toughest Firm workouts there was. I used to use 15's throughout the lower body section except for 12's for the squat/abductions and I was dying by the end. I don't have that workout anymore, had a bit of a dread factor for me, maybe I should have used lighter weights. Cardio Sculpt wasn't a walk in the park either!

My favorite BSS1 is Cardio Sculpt Blaster, though I haven't done it for a while. Nice 30 minute workout and one of the few BSS that I still have. Body Sculpt Blaster was good too.

Hope you are able to get the others, if not Amazon usually has them used for cheap, under a dollar, you would just have to pay for the shipping.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-16, 10:09 AM  
Carol K

I think you make a good point about using lighter weights when necessary. I think a lot of people think "I use 15 lbs for leg press, so that's what I always have to use", no matter what the workout. But the number of reps and the pace of the exercise and the sequencing of exercises differ greatly between FIRM workouts. The weight that I use for a given exercise varies a lot, depending on which workout I'm doing.
Old 01-30-16, 10:24 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I think you make a good point about using lighter weights when necessary. I think a lot of people think "I use 15 lbs for leg press, so that's what I always have to use", no matter what the workout. But the number of reps and the pace of the exercise and the sequencing of exercises differ greatly between FIRM workouts. The weight that I use for a given exercise varies a lot, depending on which workout I'm doing.
Guilty haha! In STS, I used higher weights in Meso 3, but then the reps and pace were lower and slower. So I can't feel bad for lowering the weights. But trust me, after Body Sculpt, I felt so GOOD that I know I made the right choice in my weights. Heck, I can use different weights in the same workout in a month; depending on how I'm feeling that particular day. So I'm slowly getting over this mindset. Thanks for pointing it out though; some days I need the reminder.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
body sculpting system, bss1, firm