Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-15, 09:00 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I don't have kids, so I don't know how helpful this will be, but I do remember threads that might help. So...

You could do a variation of a Look Great in 8 rotation slotting in workout patterns that work for you - http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=210064

You could create a 20 to 30-minute workout rotation with specific instructors like Joanna did in these threads: Biggest Loser and Leslie Sansone

And, here is a thread on how to create your own rotation by Joanna

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 09:18 AM  
buffmama

To address the newer question:
If there are some 'fun' summer rotations you want to do, I'd focus on those. So leave the Firm and Joyce for the fall. I would alternate weeks of TIU and Blogilates. You'll get the best of both worlds without wanting to Joni-O either. I just alternated weeks of 2 monthly programs and probably enjoyed each more than if I hadn't. You could also focus on one month at a time but I think I would feel like I was doing 'more' [without actually doing more ] alternating. Let us know what you decide.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 09:20 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I don't have kids, so I don't know how helpful this will be, but I do remember threads that might help. So...

You could do a variation of a Look Great in 8 rotation slotting in workout patterns that work for you - http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=210064

You could create a 20 to 30-minute workout rotation with specific instructors like Joanna did in these threads: Biggest Loser and Leslie Sansone

And, here is a thread on how to create your own rotation by Joanna
I recently completed a look great in eight rotation and it was great. I loved the versatility of the rotation by allowing you to plug in your own workouts. You can also do it for four weeks rather than eight weeks.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 12:07 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Laura,
thanks so much for your input, including all the links! I really appreciate it!
I love the idea of the LGI8 as well as the generic rotation, using what I have/like! I'll have to look further into it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
To address the newer question:
If there are some 'fun' summer rotations you want to do, I'd focus on those. So leave the Firm and Joyce for the fall. I would alternate weeks of TIU and Blogilates. You'll get the best of both worlds without wanting to Joni-O either. I just alternated weeks of 2 monthly programs and probably enjoyed each more than if I hadn't. You could also focus on one month at a time but I think I would feel like I was doing 'more' [without actually doing more ] alternating. Let us know what you decide.
Love this idea as well, thanks buffmama!!!
Since I'm currently mostly interested in TIU & Blogilates, I think that's exactly what I'll do for the next weeks and see how it goes!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 12:21 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

In the end, it's a matter of setting up a pattern of workouts and then matching the workouts you have that fit the pattern. It takes some time, but it's doable.

Good luck! I hope you can craft something that works for you this summer.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 12:31 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
In the end, it's a matter of setting up a pattern of workouts and then matching the workouts you have that fit the pattern. It takes some time, but it's doable.

Good luck! I hope you can craft something that works for you this summer.
Very true! Maybe that way I'll finally get to rotate through all of my dvds eventually!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm, kcm, shorter workouts, summer break, tiu