Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-15, 01:32 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I didn't mind the Firm when it was under the Goodtimes umbrella (though I preferred BBH music). I just couldn't get into the Gaiam Firms, though I do own a few. Never joined the website. Still I'm sorry to see them go. Many began their fitness journey with the Firm, and it's the end of an era.
Goodtimes Firms were actually my favorites.
Old 01-16-15, 01:34 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I didn't mind the Firm when it was under the Goodtimes umbrella (though I preferred BBH music). I just couldn't get into the Gaiam Firms, though I do own a few. Never joined the website. Still I'm sorry to see them go. Many began their fitness journey with the Firm, and it's the end of an era.
Me exactly. Were it not for Anna Benson's Firm I never would have gotten into home fitness or fitness in general. I've drifted away from the Firm as new instructors and other workouts have become more appealing, but the Firm will always hold a place in my heart and memory.
Old 01-16-15, 05:47 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I am a long time fan of the Firm but I must say the amount of Firms I have has dwindled in recent years. I pretty much just kept my favorites and the ones I continue to reach for time and time again which are a few BBH, a few BSS and a couple Pinks. I haven't had any interest in any Firms after that which means I am not going in the same direction workout wise that they are and that's okay. I will always have Firms on my shelf though, even if it's just a few.

Too bad though, they have been around a long time but I am glad that I discovered them!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-15, 06:03 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Were it not for Anna Benson's Firm I never would have gotten into home fitness or fitness in general. I've drifted away from the Firm as new instructors and other workouts have become more appealing, but the Firm will always hold a place in my heart and memory.
Yes, I'll always be grateful to quirky Anna B! I liked some of the Goodtimes titles, but once they switched to Gaiam, I feel like it changed so much.... it was no longer the Firm I knew. It's hard for me too get too nostalgic with this news, because to me, the Firm as I knew it ended a long time ago. But I'm sad for the VFers who enjoyed their more recent stuff.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-15, 08:55 PM  
bubbles76

I just got into the Firm: pinks two years ago and classic/mid era Firms late last year. You all are so lucky to have been there from the beginning.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-15, 09:03 PM  
Carol K

You're right about that. I feel so very fortunate to have discovered the Firm in 1989.
Old 01-17-15, 07:42 AM  
aqua girl

Does anyone else remember a "club" that the Firm started with back in
the late 70's, early-mid 80's or whenever the Firm Parts videos were first
coming out? I was subscribed to it and what I can remember, (it was a long-
time ago) was every couple months we received a new Firm Parts video and
that it how I started my collection of them) Don't remember the price, etc
but I do remember that they had items you could buy, like I remember having
a Firm towel and maybe a shirt, man, that is a "blast from the past" I think
it finally fizzled out....I remember the excitement of receiving a video and
then having to wait until the next one was due out......I think at that time
they even had a toll-free # you could call with questions, etc.
aqua girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-15, 08:18 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

It really is hard to believe that the Firm era is pretty much coming to an end. I am glad to hear that Emily still has the studio, though! I discovered the Firm when BSS1 came out years ago. Then I acquired all of the Firms that came before. Although I have most of the pink Firms, I prefer the Goodtimes era Firms and the classics.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-15, 08:39 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I was not into the newer FIRMS, even though I tried to like them. It's a relief to know the all of Anna's work was returned to her company before Gaiam decided to make this change. I believe Anna B. FIRMS would have been put in a vault, never to see the light of day, had they stayed with this company.

Yay for Annette and the team for keeping them safe and available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Me exactly. Were it not for Anna Benson's Firm I never would have gotten into home fitness or fitness in general. I've drifted away from the Firm as new instructors and other workouts have become more appealing, but the Firm will always hold a place in my heart and memory.
I agree, though I still do a Firm rotation averaging one month every year and, after 17 years, can't see myself ever tiring of them. Such great investments! .... I preferred Anna's workouts but there are a handful of Pinks and a handful of BSS1-4's that I enjoy, too. The Firm totally lost me after its Express series, but it's still sad to hear this news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I just got into the Firm: pinks two years ago and classic/mid era Firms late last year. You all are so lucky to have been there from the beginning.
Yes!
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-15, 09:12 AM  
PhyllisG

I started doing the Firm with the release of Vol 1 with Susan Harris and waited like so many others for Vol 2 and for each new release after that. I enjoyed the Goodtimes releases also but not what came after those. I felt do sad for Anna that she lost this amazing Firm that she had created and managed. The Firm closed a long time ago for me but for those who enjoyed the newer releases it is a sad day. I hope Emily is able to bring the Firm into a new era.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm, firm website, gaiam, new firm workouts