Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-19-14, 11:59 PM  
ots

One oldie I just did the other day -- the step portion from Janis Saffell's Brand New Butt Plus - I was flying over the step - so much fun! It's only about half an hour long and I would count it as complex and one of the few step workouts with the board turned the long way. If you don't have this one, look for it!

A word of caution - just like Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti that ended up getting rereleased into multiple DVDs, Brand New Butt Plus did too ---- if you decide to look for it, get the original or the portion that includes the step. And, there's another one, Brand New Butt and More, and I don't know whether it's the same or not.
ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-14, 08:21 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ots View Post
It's only about half an hour long and I would count it as complex and one of the few step workouts with the board turned the long way. If you don't have this one, look for it!
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a good workout. I will look for this one.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-14, 08:39 AM  
pcdoctor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Fitness-Fx has a whole step series called Stomp. They are UK based, so with conversions and shipping, not necessarily cheap, but they have great music and workouts. They are one of those programs that are intended for instructors, but the public can buy the DVDs.
Here's a link to the Stomp DVD listings on their site:

https://www.fitness-fx.com/shop/stomp-fx

They also have other types of workouts, so you can shop around I have several of their offerings and really enjoy them

ETA: Rebecca Small leads a few of them
One of the videos has music with Lisa Stansfield. I haven't heard that name in a while.

https://www.fitness-fx.com/shop/productid/5503
Track 4 Moves People Hold On Coldcut featuring Lisa Stansfield 5:44
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-14, 10:46 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
One oldie I just did the other day -- the step portion from Janis Saffell's Brand New Butt Plus - I was flying over the step - so much fun! It's only about half an hour long and I would count it as complex and one of the few step workouts with the board turned the long way. If you don't have this one, look for it!

A word of caution - just like Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti that ended up getting rereleased into multiple DVDs, Brand New Butt Plus did too ---- if you decide to look for it, get the original or the portion that includes the step. And, there's another one, Brand New Butt and More, and I don't know whether it's the same or not.
I don't think Brand New Butt & More has the step workout on it. I have Brand New Butt Plus Pilates and the step workout was a bonus on that.

I agree, it's great fun. I've kept the DVD just for that bonus, otherwise it would have been gone long ago.
Old 12-20-14, 03:30 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
I don't think Brand New Butt & More has the step workout on it. I have Brand New Butt Plus Pilates and the step workout was a bonus on that.

I agree, it's great fun. I've kept the DVD just for that bonus, otherwise it would have been gone long ago.
I've been enabled, again. I just bought a copy of Brand New Butt Plus Pilates on ebay. I watched a clip of the step bonus first (looks like she's also selling it on her website as a stand-alone workout):

http://www.janissaffell.com/apps/web...ts/show/120758

here's a youtube link to the clip: http://youtu.be/ijgxRTPZtGQ
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-14, 03:30 PM  
killoffsonny

I did step for twenty years. It was my main form of cardio. I prided myself on doing difficult choreography too. I searched out instructors who had difficult routines at my gym. Never done step at home. I stopped doing step a couple of years ago. For some reason I just don't like it anymore. I can't explain why. I did zumba for about three or four years and found that don't like it anymore either. There are still a few step classes a week at my gym and the instructors and most of the participants are ........hmmmm.........how do I say this politely..........well lets just say that they aren't young. 50's and 60's. There are two instructors who teach step and both have had some kind of surgery... either on hip or feet. So I don't know how much longer they'll be teaching. But the classes that these two teach are always full with the regulars. There are even a couple of women in the classes who have hit 70.
Old 12-22-14, 12:28 AM  
Godslaf

I feel like I've found my step family ! I absolutely love step and began my journey in gyms where instructors taught crazy, fast, choreography. Man I miss those days! I've been slacking off for awhile but plan on starting back up at home (step classes near me have died too).

My favorites are Amy, Kristin's Step this Way. Deidre's Tap Less. Cathe gives me a dread factor, but maybe I'll try her party rockin step.

I have a gymbox membership and their step classes make me cry. The advanced step instructors take so many breaks and break down the choreography so much that I get bored. I can only do an L step so many times... I've tried requesting shorter, more advanced step workouts from them, but to no avail. I'm going to let my membership go in the new year.

There's a youtube channel called Fit OUtside the Box with Karla that has step videos here

You guys have given some videos to track down, thanks! May step never die!!
Godslaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-14, 12:23 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I pulled out a Jenny Ford step workout this morning. I think she is an underrated instructor. The choreography was by no means advanced, but she mixed it up enough to make it an interesting routine, and there was not too much TIFTT, just a couple of times through at the end. I was able to work up a good sweat. I think she is one of the few people who still puts out new step workouts.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-14, 01:58 PM  
ncl

I probably due a step workout or more each week. Cathe is really my go to and i agree, my current favorite is Party Rocking Step 1. I like Party Rockin Step 2, though there is more drill type stuff in this one. Also from her, I am digging the step portion of Lower Intensity Step. I love the step section in Bodymax 2. I also really like Step Moves from her. I do like more dancey, choreographed step. Also, using the step is Cardio supersets bonus step section.

I have some Kari Anderson step and I may try that. I have never gotten into it. I love her hi-lo, but somehow, even though I eat up and love complex choreography, you add in a step to her workouts and I am tripping all over myself. I think I want to try a KA step workout this week but think I will preview it first. I have several of them.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-14, 11:52 AM  
GMonkey

I do it once per week. Great for cardio and lower body work. More than that hurts my knees.
GMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite step, keli roberts, step, step aerobics