Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-27-14, 08:29 AM  
Sara1000

Who has used the FIRM Classics consistently over the years?

I have used the off and on since they first came out - has it been 30 years? I sometimes wonder what my body/condition would be if I had stuck with them instead of jumping around to different instructors.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 08:43 AM  
cdayley

I still use the Classics, but I only do one of them a week now. There are way too many other Firms to use as well, along with Tracies and Fitprimes

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 10:17 AM  
Sara1000

Ah yes, too many workouts, not enough time. I just did Volume 6 (Boomers) this morning for the first time in several years - what a great, well thought out workout! I still have it on VHS but these workouts have been out on DVD for a while.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 10:48 AM  
dnna

I do a Classic/firm BSS rotation a few times a year. I could not bear to just fdo the classics, I bought them new for 50 bucks in 1986.
I won't ever get rid of them though, and enjoy them when I use them.
I am getting great results from JMBR.and I like the new Firm Express.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 03:42 PM  
Jeanne Marie

I really can't say that I still do them regularly, but I definitely still do them. My favorites are the Classics Vols 1 through 4. I can remember doing Vol 1 every day for a couple of years back when it first came out.

I can't say that I would be in any different shape if I'd only stuck with the Classics. I think it's important to have variety, and doing other instructors along with the Classics now and then provides that!
Old 05-28-14, 12:38 AM  
EnglishIvy

I do a vintage rotation now and then and they are always center stage (sharing with old Cathe programs, Cory Everson etc). I also pull them out sporadically as the mood strikes. Love volumes 1-3 especially but also use Bust &Butt, Better Buns, Max Body Shaping and more rarely BSS 1-4.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 05:36 AM  
Carol K

I have consistently done the Firm over the years (I never do anything else), but there's no way I could have stuck to the same 6 workouts. I would have stopped working out altogether. I do the monthly rotations on the Firm site, and this month Vol. 2 and the Hare are on the rotation.
Old 05-28-14, 10:17 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I don't do them regularly but I would never get rid of them. My favorites are Vol. 1 and 2 which I do about once or twice a year each. That doesn't sound like a lot but I just have too many choices.
Old 05-28-14, 11:16 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I don't do them regularly but I would never get rid of them.
Ditto! I pull them out a few times a year. I love, love, love them! I don't do them consistently anymore, but they were the only workouts I did for a very long time (several times a week from about 1992 until maybe 2005? When I joined VF and started getting a little video crazy. ) I got super results from them.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 02:10 PM  
Indy

I love the vintage Firms - I still go back to them - not a lot but they still get use. I've said this repeatedly, but when I do them, not only are they enjoyable but it is like seeing old friends. I still have VHS - bought them back in the day and will probably never part with them.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm, firm classics, revisiting the firm, the firm