Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-02-14, 04:59 PM  
Godslaf

Stepahloic in need of a fix!

Does anyone know of any really good, advanced step videos, either on Youtube or an online streaming site? Some background: I have probably tried them all that I can think of. I even have a Gymbox membership and believe it or not, their advanced step is actually a little bit too slow (instructional? ) for me. I have all 5 Amy Bentos, have tried Cathe, Seasun, Patrick, etc etc if that gives you any idea.

Thanks!
Godslaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-14, 09:04 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslaf View Post
Does anyone know of any really good, advanced step videos, either on Youtube or an online streaming site? Some background: I have probably tried them all that I can think of. I even have a Gymbox membership and believe it or not, their advanced step is actually a little bit too slow (instructional? ) for me. I have all 5 Amy Bentos, have tried Cathe, Seasun, Patrick, etc etc if that gives you any idea.

Thanks!
maybe some of the oldest gymboxes might be more complex. With Gymbox, the videos while prolific are not labeled in a way that makes them super useful. The older ones by Dana are a bit more complex and she starts right into the stepping.

Jenny Ford's has all her workouts on line and three or so of her step workouts are more complex- the Spicy Step, unexpected step (named step aerobics on her youtube channel) and maybe step by step 3. She calls them different names on youtube. Her destination step workouts - while beautiful - tend to be on the less complex and easier side. I couldn't get my heart rate up with either the montana or zion workouts.

If you decide to go the vhs or dvd route- the evolution workouts are very complex, but not always intense.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 11:52 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I'm not familiar with youtube or streaming step options, but I've been obsessed Kristin Kagen's Step This Way (VHS) since September. In fact, I keep meaning to post a review in the review section since the latest review is from 2002.

I find it less complex (more athletic) than the bits I've tried of Seasun (Zfit super step) & Amy (ASC3) but it still took me awhile to learn. It's more complex and as intense as Cathe. It's also a sweatfest for me even though I don't do all of the higher impact options. There's also Step This Way 2 on DVD but I haven't done much of it yet.

Hopefully others will have more youtube or streaming suggestions for you.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 12:08 PM  
maitai

Any old CIA's... 9804, 9801

HTHelps!
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 10:19 AM  
Godslaf

Thanks guys! I will definitely take these into consideration. BTW, I love Kristin Kagen's step this way 2 and am still trying to find her volume 1
Godslaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 04:47 PM  
cmiyachi

I find Amy's the most complex - they took me a while to learn and do.

But there is a CIA - I can't remember the name - about non-tapping - she doesn't tap down in any of her combos and it makes for a very complex step.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 04:51 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I think the workout is Tap-less Step More by Deirdre Morris. Just got it for Christmas and am only halfway thought learning it.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 05:17 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have a Donna Read dvd with three workouts on it and one is 75 min step workout called Step Fever. It is advanced and waaay over my head, lol. I have not been able to trade it and would be happy to gift it to you if you don't mind it coming in a sleeve with the cover art rather than a dvd case.
This is the vf review of Step Fever: http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=2064

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
complex step, favorite step, step, step aerobics