Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-13, 05:26 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
The Fanny Lifter was renamed the Body Trainer at one point, but people kept asking for the TransFirmer, so they renamed the Fanny Lifter the TransFirmer and now no one bothers asking anymore. Problem solved.
hahahahahaha...I'm so confused!
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 07:05 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
do you already have a FL from BSS1?
Had one, had a helicopter mom moment and sold it and the TF after DS fell on my TransFirmer and scraped his chin when he was barely a year old.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 01:59 PM  
mamaste

I have this. I've only previewed. I don't know what to say. There is something "off" about the entire video. I can't put my finger on what s wrong. Maybe it won't matter when I doing the workout.
Old 04-22-13, 02:34 PM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
I have this. I've only previewed. I don't know what to say. There is something "off" about the entire video. I can't put my finger on what s wrong. Maybe it won't matter when I doing the workout.
I read that Allie only uses 3 lb weights... Are there any cardio segments?
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 02:49 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
Had one, had a helicopter mom moment and sold it and the TF after DS fell on my TransFirmer and scraped his chin when he was barely a year old.
sorry to hear about your son!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-13, 03:04 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
This doesn't sound good! Please let us know what you think once you've done the workout. I'm so curious now!
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-13, 01:07 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
Pre-order info is up for Allie's new Transfirmer workout, it's $14.95 ($13.48 if you're a Firm club member) + $4.99 S&H:

http://www.firmdirect.com/firm/p/Tra...ember_20130404

I'm hoping to get a few more details like workout length, breakdown and such...
has anyone found any clips anywhere?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-13, 05:29 AM  
Carol K

No, I don't think there are any clips. I got mine yesterday. It turns out that it is a Body Trainer workout, using the pink and purple Body Trainer. I think the workout looks really fun and I look forward to doing it. I posted this breakdown on the Firm forum:

As has been said, only light weights are used, although they look more like 5 lbs to me. 3 to 5 lbs would be appropriate. The cast is Robyn, Allison, Sue Mi and Kelsie. Robyn does the beginner modifications. Here is a break-down:

1. Warm-up with 6"

2. Leg press w/14" and light weights

3. Cardio w/8"

4. Four limb w/8"

5. Cardio w/8"

6. Four limb w/8"

7. Cardio w/6" and 8" (placed next to each other)

8. Tall box climb w/14"

9. Ab work w/14" (similar to ab work in Jiggle Free Abs)

10. Stretch
Old 04-23-13, 07:00 AM  
bethellen

Thanks for the breakdown Carol! Can't wait to get mine. I've learned to love my challenging Firms and my "easier" Firms.
The breakdown reminds me of the BSS1 & 2 era. I'm really looking forward to this one; so glad I ordered!
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-13, 07:19 AM  
Carol K

Back when everyone was asking for a Firm step workout and we got Cardio Step Mix, I would rather have had this workout. It doesn't look like a beginner workout to me, not like the 12 Minute Time Crunch workouts.

Tags
allie del rio, fanny lifter, firm, the firm