Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-12, 07:03 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

Bethellen, I'm sorry for your loss.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12, 09:33 AM  
bethellen

Thanks to everyone for responding and offering support and words of comfort.

Friday was a real low point emotionally - I did 2 miles with Leslie and was still very down

I did Firm Prime Power Fat Burning Saturday and really enjoyed it. I have all the Firms and have enjoyed replacing my old vhs as Fitness Favorites puts them on dvd.

Sunday I did a couple miles with Leslie and enjoyed it.

I looked up an old post from last year right after we lost my fiance's brother and I was doing a Jari/Leslie rotation to get me through. Maybe I'll take a hiatus from my usual Firms. ??

When we lost his brother 11/25/11 - it was a shock - and I think I spent all my energy caring for my fiance. My fiance found his brother just after he shot himself and was still alive. I had hoped so much that my fiance would make it through the loss, but he didn't - when my fiance passed 11/15/12 it was after hospitalization, hospice for a month - even though I had time to prepare - the hurt is amazingly more than a year ago. It was such a cruel and ugly death - that is what hurts the most. I hope to start counseling soon.

I really think my workouts helped me tremendously last year but even though this year I'm still working out - their not providing the comfort & release like they did before. I also tend to always think things will get better quickly - so maybe I need to focus on one day at a time, one workout at a time.

Thanks all for listening and reading. I know this is all TMI - and I appreciate your kindness.

Also - my sympathies to everyone that lost loved ones too.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12, 01:09 PM  
mtngoat

Oh Bethellen, I'm so sorry for your loss. You have had to endure so much.

The Prime Powers sound perfect to help you work through this time. A little ray of light that they have become available again (through Annette's hard work).

Sending healing thoughts across the miles, Lori

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12, 02:13 PM  
mrsyancy

{{{{{{{Big Big HUGS}}}}}}} to u bethellen.....so sorry for ur loss and sending many prayers ur way
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12, 02:14 PM  
cherimac

(((HUGS))) and Prayers for you.

I the BSS systems and sure wish they would make new workouts for the FL and Transfirmer. I have pretty much given up on that, though.
Old 12-03-12, 11:09 PM  
jeanniem
VF Supporter

Bethellen,
I am so very sorry for your loss. My prayers to you and your family.
jeanniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-12, 11:52 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Bethellen,

I'm posting again after reading your latest post. I hope you do get some counseling soon. We're here for you but sometimes it just helps to talk to somebody face to face. Also, even though you want things to get better soon, sometimes it just takes time to heal. I'm glad that workouts are helping though.

Sending lots of hugs your way and I'll be praying for you.

Helen

Tags
firm, the firm