Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-12, 05:38 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I was lucky enough to get the PACE set from the VF exchange. I'm using them as a short cardio before doing the Body Beast workouts. The length is perfect as an add on to other dvds.

This morning I finished workout 4 on disc 2, so I'm only a week and a half into the system. So far, I'm really enjoying these. The intensity is what you make it. I mostly follow the advanced modifier but sometimes if the impact is higher than I want (he/she is jumping too much), I follow the instructor who is doing the intermediate version. The low impact modifier does a good job of showing how to make the exercises low to no impact. So you have three options to choose from according to how you're feeling if you don't want impact.

Hope that helps.

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-12, 08:51 PM  
princess76

Is PACE Tabata or Hiit training?
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-12, 05:37 AM  
blueskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess76 View Post
Is PACE Tabata or Hiit training?
PACE is considered "progressive interval training." See this thread from earlier this year. KarenH gives a great explanation.

PACE Express rotation: completed 11/14/12

Life is a wonderful thing even with the difficulties that are sprinkled in.
~little bird from VF

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-12, 12:10 PM  
SuzieC

oooh, PACE sounds intriguing.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-12, 12:41 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

I like FIRM Express but really only find myself using Kelsie's and the bonus workouts because I prefer heavier weights if I'm only working out for a short time. A really good 35 minute DVD is Cindy Whitmarsh's 10 Days to a Better Body:http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...tter-body-5591 There are 2 workouts on there that can be alternated. I also really like Amy Dixon's Give Me 10 -- the segments can easily be combined. If you like Whitmarsh, I would also recommend Barry's Bootcamp. Barry can be irritating, but the workouts are short and effective.

Hope that helps!

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-12, 12:53 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
I completely agree with this. I prefer Classic Firms but really wanted to like this set. It was okay, but I didn't like the fact that they advertised 30 minutes a day when most people would need more than that.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jillian's Body Revolution! The workouts are fun and challenging, and most importantly...short! I have a 2 year old so my workout time is extremely limited and Body Revolution is doable for me on most days.

On days that I am extremely short on time I like to do a Zuzanna Light workout. You can do her ZWOW workouts on Youtube for free which is always a plus!
Body Revolution looks good too - oh, decisions, decisions!

How does Body Revolution compare with Shred (which I have)?

Thanks

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-12, 07:38 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
Hi Gina,

There are impact exercises in PACE, but there is always a low impact modifier for everything. As far as I know, there are no jumping lunges (I hate them too!), and I've previewed all the workouts. Some of the routines do include forward lunges, side lunges, or backward lunges, but they are only done for 30 seconds at a time, then the exercise changes.

I was surprised at the variety of body weight moves in this series. Most moves I've seen or done before in other routines, but there are some "new" (for me) moves. There are combinations of kickboxing, calisthenics, standing abs, push ups, plank variations, some yoga-type moves, kick backs a la Leslie Sansone (PACE calls them "butt kickers" lol), plus variations on running in place and jumping jacks, as well as many other exercises. As I said before, all impact activities can be modified to low impact.

Side note--I love your kitty avatar!!!
Rebecca, thanks for your reply - I missed reading it! This sounds so interesting.
And my rescued cat Max thanks you for the compliment.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-12, 06:12 AM  
donnamp

PACE does sound interesting, I love the idea of getting it done in such a short amount of time b/c I really like to and need to add on lots of yoga, Classical Stretch or Pilates to be injury free.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-12, 09:08 AM  
CHAPLYN61

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
Emma,

The original PACE Express website link also had that message for me; I just overrode it because I've been on the website before without any problems.

Here is another link that should not give the "certification has run out" message. Same warning applies about turning your computer's sound down!

If anyone asks about PACE Express on your thread, I'll be happy to answer questions. I just didn't want it to turn into something that wasn't what your original intention of the thread was.
Rebecca, I have this set and enjoy it also, however, I think it was misleading to say you get 36 different workouts as I have found they are the same workouts, just in a different order on the discs. On the up side of this, I was able to lead out some dics for some of my friends to try. I also like his book that I got with it through Amazon.
CHAPLYN61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-12, 09:51 AM  
blueskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPLYN61 View Post
Rebecca, I have this set and enjoy it also, however, I think it was misleading to say you get 36 different workouts as I have found they are the same workouts, just in a different order on the discs. On the up side of this, I was able to lead out some dics for some of my friends to try. I also like his book that I got with it through Amazon.
If you go to the website, they clearly state that you get "six DVDs featuring six weeks of workouts (11 different workouts in all)" so I don't feel that it's misleading. I think an argument can be made that six DVDs are a bit excessive, but I personally am glad that they made so many since 3 of mine were damaged and I've had to rely on the remaining 3 that were in good condition to be able to do my routines for the day (until my replacement DVDs get here). Otherwise, I would have had to stop the rotation.

PACE Express rotation: completed 11/14/12

Life is a wonderful thing even with the difficulties that are sprinkled in.
~little bird from VF

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm, firm express, firm express results, pace, pace express