Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-11, 04:59 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

The Firm: Turbo Charge Weight Loss

I had preordered this from Amazon. Not sure exactly when it came in the mail, but I did it yesterday.

This gets a very mixed review from me. Both of these workouts seemed much easier than the previous 2 on the first workout dvd from the Firm Express Series. Not necessarily a bad thing. I kept going with the bursts through many of the breaks- and I was making sure I did not go anaeorobic as it wasn't my day for that! I'm an int/adv exerciser and I found the first dvd to be nicely challenging. It may be that those just had more weight work while moving and i went heavier.

Alison's workout was typical int level Firm. She was pleasant and nothing stood out as good or bad.

Emily on the other hand- OMG, I usually like her but she really needed to SHUT UP (and in my house we don't use these words!!!!). Not only did she not stop talking for one dang second- she talked as fast as she could- got in twice as many words as a normal person. And stop freaking telling me not to be lazy. Thankfully, none of this workout is overly complicated and she will be MUTED!

Verdict, don't bother. Get the Firm Calorie Explosion - much better workout. Or just download the 10 minute metabolism starter- great hard workout, with lots of blasts.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 05:47 PM  
mommy2two

Where can you get the download ?
mommy2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 07:02 AM  
Carol K

The Cardio+Sculpt workouts are definitely the hardest of this series. But the Sculpt workouts are my favorites and of the cycles, I like Alison's the best.
Old 09-09-11, 07:13 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Emily on the other hand- OMG, I usually like her but she really needed to SHUT UP (and in my house we don't use these words!!!!). Not only did she not stop talking for one dang second- she talked as fast as she could- got in twice as many words as a normal person. And stop freaking telling me not to be lazy. Thankfully, none of this workout is overly complicated and she will be MUTED!
LOL, I know what you mean! I know Emily's a big deal at the Firm but I wish Jen had led her workouts instead. I love Jen - she's good and she's CALM.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 09:50 AM  
juberann

I'm not sure why Emily is so wired all the time I think it's just her personality but I agree she needs to s l o w down a bit. She makes me nervous just watching her. I found the FIRM Express workouts to be too fast in general and hard to keep up with. I had the set but ended up returning it because the workouts I did were just too fast paced for me. I know they are 20 minute workouts and they need to move fast but I just felt too rushed doing them, like I was racing someone or something I also found them to be too high impact for me. I have really tried jumping on the high impact bandwagon but I think those days are over for me. Not that I can't do high impact but because I don't enjoy doing high impact anymore. I also didn't like the so called modifier in these. Apparently, there is a modifier in every one of the FIRM Express workouts but I could'nt for the life of me figure out WHY that person wasn't doing the lower impact version, it was like the modifier forgot what she was supposed to be doing
I know my buddy LuckyStar really likes this set and most of the time, that girl and I are on the same page but this was a "miss" for me. I also think each cycle should've been put on one disc, that would've made more sense, if you ask me
Old 09-09-11, 10:55 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
I know my buddy LuckyStar really likes this set and most of the time, that girl and I are on the same page but this was a "miss" for me.
Ooops! (hehe) I just love that they're 20 minutes each and I just modify like he!! whenever I need to.

I'm still amazed you went ahead with Amy Dixon's Breathless Body! I know you were using it with your daughter. Are you guys still enjoying it?
Quote:
I also think each cycle should've been put on one disc, that would've made more sense, if you ask me
You can never trust the Firm to make the wise ecological choice!
Old 09-09-11, 11:01 AM  
Carol K

That was Gaiam's choice and I'm sure it was to justify charging a whole bunch of money, even though there is no equipment. How were they going to charge $120 + $15 shipping for four DVDs?
Old 09-09-11, 11:16 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Carol, pardon me -- you're right of course!
Old 09-09-11, 11:21 AM  
Carol K

I'm sorry; I didn't mean to sound abrupt. I was really ticked off about that whole situation. They had just come out with Calorie Explosion and Zero in Ten, which were programmable DVDs, and I was sure that the FE workouts would be also.
Old 09-09-11, 11:33 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Nope you weren't abrupt. You were right to remind me (us) that this was entirely a corporate decision. This set should absolutely have been reduced to 3 or 4 DVDs and could have been priced $20-$30 less. But oh well.

Tags
firm, the firm, turbo charge weight loss