Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-04, 03:43 PM  
lizp

step without a step?

Barbara H,

Have you tried step without a step? I do it quite a bit. I still get a great workout if I really use my arms and take every move to the max. Sometimes, since I am not using a step bench, I also hold very light (2lbs. per hand) hand weights that really up the intensity of the workout. You can do this with an imaginary step bench, or do what I did and cut a piece of cheap carpet that matches the size of the step bench and bind the edges with duct tape. I really like having the carpet because it gives me some guidence about where my feet should go, but you can just ignore the step altogether. Step workouts without the step are *really* low impact, but can be high intensity.

-liz
lizp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-04, 04:45 PM  
gigi

I haven't taken the time to read through all the posts but I PREFER step for my cardio but make myself cross train with hi/lo and kickboxing and rarely walking/jogging(seasonal...can't be too hot or too cold or too wet or too humid...pretty much has to be a PERFECT day...tee hee ).
Old 11-01-04, 05:20 PM  
behaha

step without a step

thanks liz that's a great idea. when I started stepping I had no step but bought one fast (thank god for ebay -- not to mention the technological shift that has all you long-timers converting to dvd and getting rid of vhs -- though I envy you that chaptering thing) because I couldn't figure out where my feet should go. didn't feel as rhythmic as it does with the step, but it beats nothing! but with an edged carpet I can have all kinds of SIZES of steps too. I'll try stepping without a step and let you know how it goes. thanks! BH
behaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-04, 05:25 PM  
keilan00

I generally hate all cardio. I can't stand step and hi-lo (especially, spacehogs). I'd rather kickbox and spin.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-04, 06:34 PM  
bluecaffeine

I hate all cardio. Including step.
And lower body work.
bluecaffeine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
step