The FIRM Yoga & Pilates Live Rehearsal Workout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCGxL88CZPg
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 03:57 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I never thought I would say this, but I may grab a couple of the Firm Basics before they disappear. I had them years ago on VHS, but never on DVD. I think I deemed them too easy after a while and sold them off.

I need to think about it though, will probably wait for a sale. I need to remember in 80% of cases where I have unloaded a workout and reacquired it again, I end up getting rid of it again. This is a cycle that I really need to stop. It has added to a lot of wasted dollars for me other the years, I am kind of over it actually.

Thanks for the heads up on this.
I find the Basics addicting. Low/no-impact, no leg presses or tall box climbs, easy to follow moves you can easily heavy up, fun music (imo). These are great on my joints and also so great when coming back from illness or inactivity.

But I like using them as my regular workouts, again just heavying up the weights and maybe adding some oomph to the cardio. I just prefer moderate exercise that keeps me consistent. The older Firms - these especially - just say "fun" to me.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-17, 09:58 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I find the Basics addicting. Low/no-impact, no leg presses or tall box climbs, easy to follow moves you can easily heavy up, fun music (imo). These are great on my joints and also so great when coming back from illness or inactivity.

But I like using them as my regular workouts, again just heavying up the weights and maybe adding some oomph to the cardio. I just prefer moderate exercise that keeps me consistent. The older Firms - these especially - just say "fun" to me.
Yeah, no tall box climbs is mainly why they appeal to me. I don't mind them and can still do them but I am trying to limit them if I can. The good thing is that I really don't have that many workouts with leg presses anymore anyway.

I am definitely more open to lower intensity options. I will probably get Sculpting w/Weights and Fat Burning, as I liked those two the best out of the three back in the day.

I am going to think about it for a bit and probably try and hold out for a sale though if my impatience doesn't give in. I am trying to be more thoughtful with buying as well as parting with DVDs.

Thanks for the endorsement!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 12:04 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Taramisu/Gina, what are the Firm Basics? TIA.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 02:56 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

1) Firm Basics: Sculpting with Weights (Tracie Long)
2) Firm Basics: Fat Burning (Jennifer Carman & Stacey Milner-Collins)
3) Firm Basics: Abs, Buns & Thighs (Stacey Milner-Collins)

I also group the 2 Prime Powers videos (Fat Burning and Lower Body) and the 2 Basics 12-Minute Time Crunch series (Weights and Cardio) together with the 3 listed above.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 06:52 AM  
Rhonda

Thanks to this thread I am pulling out the Basics I have and plan on doing those along with walking. I need some strength but don't want anything over the top and these look just right.

I don't have the fat burning one but have put it in my cart at Marys. They are not very cheap at $16.95 each but fitness favorites is more at $19.99 so will wait and see if it goes on sale at some point or do I just bite the bullet.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 07:29 AM  
meg39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I was an original Firmie and did their workouts exclusively for years and then moved on to Cathe and others. Last year I reacquired some of the original Firms plus compilations. I tried them and then ended up trading all of them. I just could not go back there for whatever reason. I hope I learned my lesson.
I feel the same way. Loved being a Firmie back in the day, but whenever I try going back to those workouts, I just kind of dread doing them.

How is Aerobic Butt Busters different than either Light Aerobic Mix or the other one?

I'm glad you are enjoying them Tina! I think finding the workouts that make you want to do them every day (or several times a week) is key to being consistent with fitness.
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 07:34 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Thanks to this thread I am pulling out the Basics I have and plan on doing those along with walking. I need some strength but don't want anything over the top and these look just right.

I don't have the fat burning one but have put it in my cart at Marys. They are not very cheap at $16.95 each but fitness favorites is more at $19.99 so will wait and see if it goes on sale at some point or do I just bite the bullet.
Not to enable, but Collage has these too at $14.99 each. At least last I checked, I am looking at Sculpting with Weights and Fat Burning and they had both. Not sure about the Abs one though.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 07:58 AM  
TinaT

For me it's about what gives me the most for my time. Calorie burn wise, AWT is it. I'm using Fit Fav FIRMs, Fitprimes, and Tracie Long routines. I don't do tall box like I used it. I have a lower step I use as I rebuild the muscles around my knees.

I sold and traded off just about all my FIRMs at one point due to burnout. But I've learned to mix in other workouts with them, plus modify some of the moves. Plus, I can create 30 - 40 min routines due to chaptering.

And last but not least, I'm used to the 80's flash back. It's quite normal for me since Volume 1 is what got me exercising so many years ago.

I just wanted to make sure if anyone was thinking about picking some up to do so, as they won't be around forever.... on disc.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-17, 09:32 AM  
TinaT

Oh... one more thing... since one of my gifts is "enabling"... remember if you make a purchase of the Fitprimes, Kickbutts, or Firms and don't end up wanting them, they are quite tradeable. Especially after they are out of stock.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm, fitness favorites