Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-20-14, 07:07 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Yes, Kathy Kaehler's step starts out ok but gets too fast for me too. I haven't done it in while but I've moved the step aside and just done it on the floor.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-14, 07:41 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
Hi BunnyHop,

What worked for me was only focusing on one smaller section at a time. ...

It might also help to find out the beats per minute of a workout, if it is available online. ...

Hope this helps.
It all helps, yes! Thanks for sharing your insights.

I guess I just need to get some music I can handle and try a particular move til I get it? On my own, maybe, to get the muscle memory going.

And I think my usual workout space is too small. Might have to move out into the big room for this. Time to draw the drapes, LOL!
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 05:49 AM  
anne

I love step workouts--any kind, in the gym, at home, anywhere. My favorites through the years have been Jane Fonda's, Kathy Smith's, Kari Anderson's, and Karen Voight's. I also like Kathy Kaehler's Workout Class, the Cher tape, and the one from Kim Kardashian. The Firm tapes with step segments are great too. I do the more complex choreography step workouts at the gym mostly because of space. I only use the flat bench--no risers--and think that all of the stepping has helped my knees--I've noticed this in yoga class where certain poses don't bother my 48 year old knees.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 08:22 PM  
mtnmom

Because of this thread, I just ordered Cathe's Party Rockin' Step - both #1 and #2, plus Jenny Ford's compilation with Step by Step, Spicy Step, and Hi-lo.

Damn enablers!

Step was such a favorite of mine. But between DH's home office being in the same room as my workout space, plus new furniture which is harder to move, I've stayed away from it. I'm going to have to figure out how to make this work. Both sons have moved out of their rooms and maybe one can be configured to be large enough to do step. They are about 10x11', and most of their furniture will have to stay.
Old 08-22-14, 09:13 AM  
psupam

I too love step, especially since I cannot run anymore due to knee arthritis. My favorites are Jane Fonda, Kathy Smith, Kari Anderson, some Cathe Friedrich. I have bought DVD's to replace my old VHS workouts, and I really wish I could get the Fonda tapes as well as the Kari Anderson older tapes on DVD.
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 10:07 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
Because of this thread, I just ordered Cathe's Party Rockin' Step - both #1 and #2, plus Jenny Ford's compilation with Step by Step, Spicy Step, and Hi-lo.

Damn enablers!
Now you have me wanting these! I have done step workouts twice this week because of this thread and forgot how quickly the time flies. The other day was Kathy Smith's Great Buns and Thighs step workout that was nice and easy cardio with a great lower body workout, and today was a premix from Cathe's Low Impact Circuit. The music in that one is awesome.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 10:01 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
Because of this thread, I just ordered Cathe's Party Rockin' Step - both #1 and #2, plus Jenny Ford's compilation with Step by Step, Spicy Step, and Hi-lo
I just did Party Rockin' Step 2 this morning. Fun and tough workout. Cathe's cuing seems to be a split second too slow, so I always miss some move changes on the first rep. Doesn't bother me though, since none of the moves are overly complex.

I've always thought Jenny Ford is an under rated instructor. She is very low-key (definitely no whooping and hollering here), but I prefer that style of instruction. She has an obvious passion for what she does. I wish she'd put all her step workouts on DVD. That zombie one looks fun to do for Hallowe'en.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
step, step aerobics