Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-13, 08:21 PM  
raeven

Well I have finally started checking out these workouts! The past couple of days I bumbled through them as I'm still trying to get this bronchitis out of me Plus we had an extremely busy weekend. However. I got my new fitbit flex over the weekend, and today is monday....so I'm starting my rotation today! I plan to follow, their basic rotation as my 'must do'..and then add on whatever I want extra each day. I bought their ultimate set because I wanted the extra dvd's as well, so I'll be mixing those in.

All that being said, so far I have done Jump Start, rev cardio 1, rev sculpt 1, and barefoot abs. My thoughts so far are...I them (so far!) While bumbling through them, kinda trying, yet kinda just going through the motions...I end up drenched in sweat at the end of each workout. It's so yucky, hah! But, it's so awesome! Now keep in mind however, I have a lot of weight to lose...like 100'ish pounds. So these are going to be tough for me. I have no idea how they would really be for somebody in good shape already. I'll let the in-shape ladies cover that side. But for somebody who has a long journey ahead...I found these worked up a massive sweat! More importantly though, for me...is I had fun! I rarely have fun working out. That is why this set appealed to me..it looked like fun, and so far it has definitely been that for me! The pace, I find with all firm workouts frankly...you have to do them a few times to get into the groove of them. I didn't find anything too frantic (yet anyway) and so far has been easily modifiable and can go at my own pace when need be.

Anyway, I still have a bunch I haven't even watched yet...but just wanted to share that so far so good...for me anyway
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-13, 08:33 PM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeven View Post
Well I have finally started checking out these workouts! The past couple of days I bumbled through them as I'm still trying to get this bronchitis out of me Plus we had an extremely busy weekend. However. I got my new fitbit flex over the weekend, and today is monday....so I'm starting my rotation today! I plan to follow, their basic rotation as my 'must do'..and then add on whatever I want extra each day. I bought their ultimate set because I wanted the extra dvd's as well, so I'll be mixing those in.

All that being said, so far I have done Jump Start, rev cardio 1, rev sculpt 1, and barefoot abs. My thoughts so far are...I them (so far!) While bumbling through them, kinda trying, yet kinda just going through the motions...I end up drenched in sweat at the end of each workout. It's so yucky, hah! But, it's so awesome! Now keep in mind however, I have a lot of weight to lose...like 100'ish pounds. So these are going to be tough for me. I have no idea how they would really be for somebody in good shape already. I'll let the in-shape ladies cover that side. But for somebody who has a long journey ahead...I found these worked up a massive sweat! More importantly though, for me...is I had fun! I rarely have fun working out. That is why this set appealed to me..it looked like fun, and so far it has definitely been that for me! The pace, I find with all firm workouts frankly...you have to do them a few times to get into the groove of them. I didn't find anything too frantic (yet anyway) and so far has been easily modifiable and can go at my own pace when need be.

Anyway, I still have a bunch I haven't even watched yet...but just wanted to share that so far so good...for me anyway
Good luck on your journey!! I'm loving them too and remember that you can make them as hard as you need for them to be so you've got plenty of room to grow!

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-13, 09:06 PM  
lorajc

I ended up with an extra disc 2 Cycle Peak 2. If someone wants to do a trade with me, send me a PM and we can discuss. I'll probably want something on the newer side for it.

I'm really liking the way this sized ball works your arms.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 09:07 AM  
dnna

here are my impressions from using :
Jump Start
Cardio 1
Sculpt 1

I am doing a JMBR rotation and have been using Firm Express as a warmup and to up the calorie burn on weeks 1 and 2 of JMBR. I also have been using FE with my Firms, Fit Primes etc as a warmup, calorie burner.any of the FE, no particular order or rotation. I tend to use the cardios the the most.

Zip cycle 1 does not come close in intensity of the FE workouts.

Jump start: I can see myself using this as I progress in the JMBR rotation, it will make a good warmup, as the warm ups in JMBR don't really exist, this is thorough, burns some fat with the blasts, and doesn't tire me out.

Cardio 1: how much do we love Allie, and all the girls look great, wow Kelsie looks sculpted!by an artist. nice little routine, disappointed that the blasts are so less intense than FE

Sculpt 1: I love Stephanie calling us ladies: ladies! do this! ladies! come on!
I liked lunging on the dome, you really squish into it deeply.

I will definitely use these,as add ons or actually warmups to my workouts. the zip trainer is fun for step and lunging.
It isn't a must have but I am glad I have it. for fun , variety, cheerfulness.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm, firm zip trainer, firm ziptrainer, the firm zip trainer, zip trainer