Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-08-07, 08:39 AM  
a_real_twit
VF Supporter

I third the vote for the 2006 Bootcamp with Allison. I like it alot - gives me a good workout without being too exhausting. It's just the right amount of plyo without a gazillion tucks and flying jacks. Some days you want a good workout but just don't feel like endless extreme high impact, know what I mean? Alison's bootcamp is good for that.

I've seen it and other Firms at KMart for $10.
Old 11-08-07, 09:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Definitely Alison's Bootcamp - Maximum Calorie Burn. A good, solid workout and fun. Didn't care for any of the workouts from the newer TransFIRMation series. I also enjoyed Allie's Ultimate Fat Burning workout from last year, but the Bootcamp is my favorite by far of the "newer" Firms.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 12:42 PM  
RubyBlue

Thanks- that' s one I will definitely buy.
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 01:05 PM  
jessicavi

I posted this over at YY about FIRM Cardio Overdrive and Total Body Time Crunch after trying them out on Exercise TV last night. I'll post it here. Of, course I just giving my opinion based on having tried snipets of the w/o's. So take it FWIW.

FIRM Cardio Overdrive and Total Body Time Crunch. They were only 15 min clips but long enough to give you a feel for the workout. They showed the w/u, a combo, and the c/d. Now, I am soooo glad I did not fall for the TransFIRMation series. It was so much fun to see (and yes, I joined them) these for free (yeah, I know, they are technically not free since I pay for cable) than to spend money on them and be disappointed. The moves though slightly tweaked was still not inventive enough for me to justify buying them since I have the classics, some BMG era, and most BSS with pretty much the same moves. I can't believe they renamed the tri-star to call it a quad-star. Did they think I'd say, "Cool, a new move!" Another deal breaker, they recycled some BSS3 music in TBTC. I know for sure they did in Emily's Burn & Shape cause I heard it in the clips. So disappointing even though I feel BSS3 music was the best of all the BSS series. Just b/c I loved it does not mean you should use it again.

OK Rant Over. My beloved FIRM is over. It's sooo over. Stick a fork in it and call it done. Nail in coffin done. Six feet under. Kicked the bucket. Belly up. Down for the count. Dead as a door nail. Dusted. Bit the dust. Bit the bullet. Totally shot. A goner. Gone, baby, gone.

My apologies to those still enamored by the FIRM or hoping to be wowed by the new FIRMs. I'm still hoping that Kelsie's upcoming w/o's will bring my wayward heart back. It has been 1 yr, 10mths since my last FIRM purchase. If their trend continue like this, I may have to accept the fact that Jan. 2006 was my last FIRM. I remember it fondly--my clandestine trip to "the Walmarts" to get Allie's Aerobic Body Shaping. Though I suspected things were getting bad between me and the FIRM when they started getting dancy, I did not ever think I would not want to buy another FIRM.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 01:13 PM  
RubyBlue

Thanks- I appreciate your honesty. I fetlt the same after BSS4 but thought I'd give it one last chance. Hmmm. I am a little sceptical about these new ones but would love to be prove wrong. I'm glad people have found at least one or two to like.
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 01:37 PM  
cjo42a

The quad star is a new move - front, side, back, together as opposed to front, side, together. I like it better than the tri-star although many in the firm checkin disagree. Really, everybody else hates the quad star.

I liked Alison's UFB and Bootcamp, haven't tried any of the super new ones. I do Cardio Dance Slim Down often despite the cheesiness but it isn't AWT. Although the original poster didn't want more equipment I LOVED the <forget the name> ball workout with Tina. It's short though but it is AWT and fun. I hope they use Tina more in the future *in workouts she choreographs*. I like seeing the different approaches of instructors in the workouts.

Tags
firm