Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-20-20, 02:22 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Anyone signing up for Cathe’s Virtual Roadtrip?

Leave it to Cathe to come up with a virtual roadtrip! I’ve gone to several of her Glassboro roadtrips, and the part I enjoy the most is physically being there with Cathe and all the other participants. Right now, everything is being done virtually, which is understandable, but I am not sure whether it will be better than just doing Cathe Live workouts. How will 125 people converse virtually?

On the positive side, it would be something to look forward to.

Is anyone signing up?

Here’s Cathe’s post:

“Attention Cathletes:

Announcing Cathe’s first-ever TWO DAY VIRTUAL ROADTRIP! Join Cathe via ZOOM in November for an amazing two-day virtual Roadtrip experience!!! What does a Cathe Virtual Roadtrip entail? Much like with our in house Glassboro Roadtrips, you’ll experience several intense classes with Cathe plus an active stretch class! You’ll also enjoy some other classic Roadtrip events like the lobby parties, fire pit meet & greet, mocktail Q&A with Cathe, and virtual shopping experience with exclusive deals for virtual attendees. In addition to these classics, other fun ideas are in the works such as “Let’s Make a Recovery Smoothie” where you join Cathe in the kitchen to make a healthy smoothie, and also a pre-mocktail “tailgate” party where Cathe’s will make two of her favorite drinks to enjoy for the Q&A. Of course, more details will be shared as the things come together but for now, here is a brief outline of the two-day event to help you create a timeline in your mind of how the day with play out. Please note class times and events are subject to change slightly but this is a good gauge of how the weekend will be laid out.

Tentative Schedule of events:

Friday 3 pm est: welcome and virtual shopping

Friday 5 pm est: Class 1- Cardio Kickboxing & Core (60 minutes)

Friday 6 pm est: “Let’s Make a Recovery Smoothie” with Cathe

6:30 pm est: Q&A time with Cathe and Raffle giveaways

Friday 7:30 pm est: “Lobby” party mingle amongst one another

Saturday 10 am est: Class 2 Low Impact Hiit plus Legs (60 minutes)

Saturday 12 pm est: Class 3…Metabolic Total Body (60 minutes)

Saturday 2:30 pm est: Class 4 (Yoga/Mobility Flow)

Saturday 6:15 pm…Mocktail making “tailgate party” with Cathe

Saturday 7 pm est: cocktails by the firepit/ personal time with Cathe”
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 02:24 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

The virtual roadtrip will be either November 13th and 14th or 20th and 21st.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 02:34 AM  
jusca

I passed up a physical roadtrip in my neck of the woods almost 10 years ago because I was too shy at the time. She never came back to my area so I regret it. I would have loved the live class butt kicking! I'm going to pass on the virtual trip without regret. The Q&A sessions are most interesting to me at the moment. I just bought several Cathe dvds so that's my virtual class right now, lol. Without being in the same room during a live workout just feels distant and not the same energy for me.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 03:32 AM  
ChelePA

Every year my husband tried to give it as a gift but it was always on our anniversary weekend so I wouldn’t go. Seriously considering this one. I don’t subscribe to live but loved the freebies she offered while her gym was closed. Sounds fun!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 07:27 AM  
fanofladyvols

Thanks for posting this schedule. I was really curious.

In my experience, the larger the group on zoom, the harder it is for everyone to participate. It's usually dominated by a few.

I guess I just don't quite grasp how interactive it could feel ?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 07:38 AM  
star117

Seems too much for me to spend for virtual - although I would like the opportunity to 'shop' - maybe she'll open that up to all ?? One can hope!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 08:37 AM  
owltx

I am intrigued. I have been to the road trip and a couple of her live classes, and *love* the energy of being in a class with her. The Q&A is always interesting and a lot of fun. I could only do this one of the two weekends, so that might make the decision for me. The virtual won't be the same energy of course, but I do appreciate her trying something new and get us a version of the road trip.

Tags
cathe, cathe road trip, cathe roadtrip, cathe virtual roadtrip, coronavirus