Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-22, 08:45 PM  
BunnyHop

I've finally started listening to Can You Forgive Her by Anthony Trollope again on audio cd. I barely remember my first go-round, and suspect I gave up. It's a giant Victorian soap opera, and last year I learned that listening to this sort of stuff is a great way to fall asleep.

I'm enjoying this one more than last time, so I went ahead and bought the next two in this Pallisers series with the same narrator (Simon Vance).

Lately in the car I've been listening to Jane Austen, most recently Sense and Sensibility.
Old 05-21-22, 09:22 PM  
Gams

I love the Jack Reacher books, except for the last one I read which had a really stupid murder method, but I love the Reacher character and my inner tough girl enjoys it every time Jack breaks the face of some bad guy - and the bodies do tend to pile up in his books. 😆

I was reading a Jack Reacher book at my last doctor appointment. The doctor kept me waiting a long time and when she finally came in the exam room and apologized for keeping me waiting, I said, “That’s okay, but I want you to know that Jack Reacher has managed to kill 5 people while I’ve been waiting for you.”
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 08:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
Summer Breeze, I have read several of the Reacher books and have liked them. I like the Reacher character because he is a hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I thought they were well-written until I got tired of the repetition, probably 8-10 books in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I love the Jack Reacher books, except for the last one I read which had a really stupid murder method, but I love the Reacher character and my inner tough girl enjoys it every time Jack breaks the face of some bad guy - and the bodies do tend to pile up in his books. 😆

I was reading a Jack Reacher book at my last doctor appointment. The doctor kept me waiting a long time and when she finally came in the exam room and apologized for keeping me waiting, I said, “That’s okay, but I want you to know that Jack Reacher has managed to kill 5 people while I’ve been waiting for you.”
Thanks everyone! I suppose I should just get one and try it out! I do love book series and Reacher is a hero albeit a violent one. LOL.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 02:37 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Thanks everyone! I suppose I should just get one and try it out! I do love book series and Reacher is a hero albeit a violent one. LOL.
Well, and when he does visit justice on someone, they really, REALLY deserve it! It's a fun ride.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 03:07 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I really liked that book and it's not the type of story I would usually enjoy. Hope you love it!
I really loved Eleanor Oliphant! Best novel I've read in awhile.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 03:35 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I really loved Eleanor Oliphant! Best novel I've read in awhile.
Oh, that's great!

I finished Naomi Judd's memoir and am reading Lily's Promise: How I Survived Auschwitz and Found the Strength to Live.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 09:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Well, and when he does visit justice on someone, they really, REALLY deserve it! It's a fun ride.
LOL. Very true.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 02:28 PM  
Schnauzeritis

I also loved Elanor Oliphant! I read it 2 years ago and I still think about it.

Just finished Daisy Jones and the Six. I didn't like it. The reviews on Goodreads are over the moon about this one but it just wasn't for me. I was suprised too because I'm a child of the 60s and 70s. I do reccommend the audio version of this book if anything. The narrators are really good and it adds a lot to a very boring book.
Now I'm reading Last Girl Ghosted and am loving it.
Schnauzeritis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 03:04 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnauzeritis View Post
Just finished Daisy Jones and the Six. I didn't like it. The reviews on Goodreads are over the moon about this one but it just wasn't for me.
I wasn't crazy about it either. Liked it, but had high expectations based on the reviews so I was disappointed.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 03:42 PM  
SpiritYogi

I'm reading Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult. Quite different from her previous novels, but I'm enjoying it.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, danielle friedman, kindle, reading, spring reading