Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-22-22, 11:00 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

horusosirus - I had to look up the Ninja. It will be perfect for cool summer smoothies!

Chele - I never paid much attention to Harry Styles until I recently saw a clip of him singing with Lizzo at Coachella. Quite a fun performer!

Yesterday was The FIRM:Upper Body (1994). I'm not crazy about the warm-up and cool down. Still, it is a good, very thorough upper body workout.

JJG whispers huskily, "Laatisssimmuss Doorrrsssaaiiii..."

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 05:25 PM  
manleym

Hi Everyone!

Last day of school was Friday, so it was a crazy busy week finishing the end of the year at both campuses. Had meetings 2 days as well. So glad to be done and ready for summer!

Bee glad your trip went well and you don't have Covid. When is your last day of school?

Cataddict we BLEW through Atlantic Crossing. Thanks for the recommendation! It was SO GOOD! Now we're watching National Parks on Netflix (?) thanks to Bee's recommendation. Also excellent with beautiful scenery.

KateTT I'm not at all surprised that you love Caroline and can lift heavier than her. We all knew (wink).

ChelePA I love reading all of the awesome music in your Peleton workouts. There's a funny commercial from Peleton, but I can't remember it now. The guy is in front of a big group??? I'll think of it at some random time. Yay and congrats on your daughter's graduation! Such a milestone!

Kittybug I don't know what I'm doing next. Funny you mentioned CF because I picked up 2 of them at HPB the other day on clearance. I think I have all of them, but have only done a few. I was thinking something along the lines of barre, Calisthenics, bodyweight. Maybe Ballet Beautiful or Suzanne's Barre Amped. So of course I did a double of Caroline yesterday. I want to do some that I skipped in Epic and Endgame. I just don't know what to do.

Horusosiris good luck with your summer school course. I remember how intense they were. Alot in a short amount of time. Hope all goes well.

VVFer Pam also stretches out "Laatisssimmuss Doorrrsssaaiiii..." in one of the workouts and I always think it's funny. She says it in a southern way, not in a breathy, husky way.

ETA: I just check YT and Caroline is coming out with a new series "Fuel" starting May 30. I'm sure I'll do them!

Hugs and waves everyone! Miss those of you who haven't had time to post in awhile! Hope to hear from you soon!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 05:34 PM  
manleym

Workouts last week:

Monday: Twist & Bind by the Ocean Yoga Class - Five Parks Yoga + IRON Series Finale 30 Min Arms, Abs and Core Workout 30 + CL #385 Slammin’ Cardio Express

Tuesday: Mark Lauren YAYOG 2 Advanced - WU, Ladders, CD + CL #386 Wicked Lower Body And Core (loved Alisha’s outfit)

Wednesday: Kimberly Spreen Cardio-Camp Cardio & Kickbox + Stretch (no butt/legs) + Jessica Smith 1 Mile Walk Fast Low Impact Indoor Power Walking Workout "Wake Up and Walk!"

Thursday: CL #396 Strong And Sweaty Bootcamp (Cathe says throughout that this workout is meant to be “breathy but not blown away”; nice to see Kristen behind Cathe)

Friday: Christi Taylor Pure Spice Cinnamon Edition (F-U-N! Christi is in her element, having a blast!; only way to play this dvd is LOUD - crank it up fun! loved the variety of dances)

Saturday: Caroline Dominant Dumbbell Full Body Hiit Workout Epic Endgame Day 20 (LOVED! FLEW! FAST reps; 8 lbs; perfect metabolic) + Superset Sensation Full Body Cardio Workout Epic Endgame Day 30 (HARD as a double workout; 100 rep finisher - burpees; set of 20, then 15, finished in sets of 10, but did 100; SWEATY MESS)

Sunday: Yin Fusion Yoga Class (70 Min) - Five Parks Yoga (felt good; needed it after Caroline's workouts yesterday)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 06:51 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All

Manelym and Chel -Thanks for the well wishes for my summer school course.

Chel- I am teaching a course on the History of the Supreme Court.

VF- I have not done Firm Upper Body in ages. It is a good one. Yes the Ninja is prefect for smoothies!

Manelym- Congratulations on finishing your school term. What are your summer plans? I am definitely doing Carolyn's Epic Series. It is 5 days per week and the workouts are 30 minutes and that is right up my alley! Christi has some really enjoyable workouts. I need to revisit some of my Kimberly Spreen workouts.

Happy Monday to All
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 09:19 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

My kid who just came home is crazy about one of those new Harry Styles songs -- plays in on repeat. Bet seeing him in person was very fun!!

manleym, I thought about you and kittybug immediately when I saw that Fuel is bodyweight based (though it sounds like some weights, too?) -- has she been reading our posts? . I'm definitely going to check out Fuel, but I'm still considering repeating Iron right away. I also feel like maybe I should do Cathe Live -- I'm feeling guilty about not using it -- but mostly I just want to stick with Caroline! And yes, woo-hoo on the school year being done! You must be so relieved!! That yin fusion class sounds really good -- it was Five Parks?

horusosiris, those summer school classes are intense, but I've only ever thought of it from the student's point of view. Bet it's pretty intense for the instructor, too!! Sounds like you are having yummy fun with the new Ninja!!

Today I did Iron 26 - Legs. I was feeling so great that I was able to do one move (sumo deadlift) with the same weight she was using..... until the second time around I realized that I was using one half of the weight she was using for most of the other moves, but that for the sumo deadlifts, she doesn't just drop a dumbbell, she switches to a 66 pound dumbbell. So much for my 35 pound kettlebell. . In this one she does more of those very slow bodyweight step ups. I find them incredibly challenging -- a lot of balance required.

I am fondly remembering all those husky Firm cues. So funny!
Old 05-23-22, 09:19 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
My kid who just came home is crazy about one of those new Harry Styles songs -- plays in on repeat. Bet seeing him in person was very fun!!

manleym, I thought about you and kittybug immediately when I saw that Fuel is bodyweight based (though it sounds like some weights, too?) -- has she been reading our posts? . I'm definitely going to check out Fuel, but I'm still considering repeating Iron right away.
I think that Caroline clarified and the new Fuel series will comprise weights and bodyweight.
Old 05-23-22, 01:54 PM  
ChelePA

My daughter had to take Winston to the vet today. Poor little guy. His stomach has been upset for a few days. Not sure why but we will switch to a bland diet and probiotic to see if it helps. His paws are a mess also. She thinks he has allergies. So we are trying a shot to see if it helps. Fingers crossed.

This morning I did Cathe’s Lite PHA 2 lower body premix plus abs. Some modifications but wow was my heart rate up for most of it. I then added on a 20 minute reflection cycling class. The instructor‘s motto is I am, I can, I will, I do. The four part series will focus on this mantra. It’s like a meditation on the bike. A nice change for a less intense finisher.

Hoping everyone has a great week!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 02:14 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Aww, poor Winston! Fingers crossed that it is something minor and easily treated.

Yesterday, I did Barbara Benagh's Yoga For Stress Relief: SI Joint Routine.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 02:58 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
My daughter had to take Winston to the vet today. Poor little guy. His stomach has been upset for a few days. Not sure why but we will switch to a bland diet and probiotic to see if it helps. His paws are a mess also. She thinks he has allergies. So we are trying a shot to see if it helps. Fingers crossed.
Chel- I hope that Winston is better very soon.
Old 05-23-22, 04:47 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Poor Winston! I hope he's better soon!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in