Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-09-22, 01:30 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
bee - My hip is sore today, so I'm thinking it is the hill walks, too. I'll finish my experiment though.

Chele - I bought the Bondi 7s. The 9.5 wide feels more comfortable than the 9s. They are hard to get used to after the Sauconys. And, I rarely have any vanity about shoes but - seriously - they look like I'm wearing clown shoes!

I'm not sure I'd wear them for every day. Just for walks.
TweenerW, LMAO at the clown shoe reference and picture! And to make it funnier, DH has ORANGE Bondi 7s! I don't think I will share the clown reference with him as he might get self conscious, not that he normally cares about that, but still. It took me forever to convince him to spend more money on a shoe that has plenty of cushion for his hurting feet so I don't want to ruin it. He swears by them but yes, they are bulky looking but maybe don't look so big on men as I never really noticed them looking huge on him.

TweenerW, hope you figure out what is hurting your hip. I'm with bee in speculating that it might be the hills--you may be moving a bit differently to compensate for the elevation. Have you ever used a treadmill that increases the incline?

Chele, glad you had a nice mother's day and are keeping up with your Peleton workouts! Hopefully your foot will continue to heal and you won't need to see the doctor again. I'm sure you're tired of doctors. Oh, and the link I listed said if you have more than 5 phones they pay for postage to send them. We do have at least 5. I haven't printed the label yet as I'm still finding random cords and cables and trying to match them up with the corresponding accessory. Mostly I'm doing that to make sure I'm not getting rid of a cord that's to something we still use! Sadly, I am the hoarder in the family.

bee, my niece lived in Saratoga Springs for awhile. Of course she's lived a lot of places, but seems to have settled in San Francisco and is reluctant to move again since she loves it there. I think she liked it okay but the cold weather was a bit much for her. I got a giggle when you said the Sharks were in the tank. We hockey peeps get the reference. Fortunately the Pens are usually in it although some years they are better than others. DH roots for hometown Blues and his nephew and niece (rabid Blues' fans) and I trade jabs during hockey season.

Kim, so awesome that you set a personal walking record!! Somehow it doesn't seem like a ton until after the fact when you're having so much fun doing it! Yes, central Florida is hot (and not in the Cathe way )!!! It's hotter than the coasts since there's no ocean or gulf air to cool it off. I kinda sorta got used to having a sheen on me from the second I walked out the door, but I prefer a more temperate climate.

Nathalie and manley, you guys are rocking those Caroline workouts! She's tough and combining them is some hard work!

Waving to FN1, horusosiris, MamaW and Kate!!

Off to do CL #295 Stepped up Bootcamp and if I'm up to it #357 Hiit Express!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-22, 03:32 PM  
horusosiris

I hope that everyone had a great Mother’s Day yesterday.

CHEL- Yes, we are Yankee and Met fans. That was q great game. Wow! the Yankees are on fire this season.

Cataddict- I am jealous that your niece got to see Ohtani play at Fenway and she witnessed him set an MLB record! I am determined to see him play this season.

Lavna- I wish that I could say that Spring has finally arrived here. It is has been overcast, rainy and cool lately.

Today I did Iron Series, Day 25. It was a good Leg workout. I am going to be sad when the series is over at the end of next week.

I finished all four seasons of Reign on Netflix but now I need another series to binge watch. Any suggestions?
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-22, 04:12 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Happy Monday! And yes, I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day weekend.

Chele, hubby and I did make a nice day of errands + lunch. We got so much done in a short amount of time. He wanted a burger which was not exactly what I would have picked, but I didn't care that much. I was happy with the day and happy we didn't get stuck in any traffic -- that's always a win! . Sounds like you had a busy weekend. I hope the rain stays away!

Vintage, that picture of the clown shoes made me laugh out loud! They aren't the most flattering shoes, it's true, but they are comfy. Hope you like the size you decide on!

cataddict, I'm sorry to tell you this but in my house we are the opposite of Blues fans. Too much history there. . Does your niece work in tech? San Francisco has changed so much in the last ten-ish years!

horusosiris I'm also going to be sad when I finish Iron.... I've thought about just doing it over again. Maybe I should try doing it without the sound! . As for things to watch..... not a show, but have you seen Coda on AppleTV? Probably you already have since it got movie of the year. I really want to watch it -- wanted to watch for Mother's Day but after watching the basketball game it seemed like too much sitting time.

Oh, lavna, I had meant to comment on your Outside Cleaning Max.... not being bilingual myself, I'm not sure how odd those sort of inside joke expressions are for non-native speakers but I noticed you picked it up and used it just fine! I'll bet you did a bunch of that work this weekend.

Waves to all!!
Old 05-09-22, 06:24 PM  
ChelePA

VVfer…I get it!!! You had me laughing too. Comfort vs style.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 09:23 AM  
ChelePA

Peloton workouts. 10 minutes core. 30 minutes upper body. I decided to try the bike and see how my foot felt. Very low intensity for a 20 minute Mother’s Day ride. Inspirational music as always. Hopefully no side effects from it this afternoon. Fingers crossed.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 11:57 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Well, I am returning both pairs of Hokas. As I wrote in my Hoka thread, for that much money, I need to LOVE them. I don't love them. Sad to say.

Yesterday, I did that Body Dynamix Restore & Repair.

Waves to all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 02:22 PM  
manleym

Quick check in. Hi all!

Cataddict thanks for the link for phone recycling. I don't even know how many old phones I have laying around. Just never knew what to do with them.

Kim sounds like ya'll are having a blast! And getting some mileage. That's always a bonus to be active on a vacation.

VVFer HILARIOUS clown pic! I've thought about Hoka's but have a very small foot, so might not work for me. Keep us posted on what you decide on. I'm always looking for new shoes.

ChelePA sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day. My hubby likes to cook too and it is such a huge help. How did the college trip go?

Horusosiris our latest watching's have been Ridley Road, Annika, Thou Shalt Not Kill. All on PBS Passport. Right now we're watching A Midnight at the Pera Palace on Netflix.

Wave everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 02:29 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Last week:
Thursday: Kat Gates-Buettner Intermediate - Advanced Step Aerobics Workout #5 - (LOVED! FUN! Perfect amount of choreography to make it fun and doable 1st time; used 1 riser) + CD Dorner Stretch for After Step Aerobics Workout! (good for after step)

Friday: Pack Max at one of my schools. I usually move rooms every year, so lots of packing today. Also did IRON Series 30 Min Full Body Circuits Workout - Dumbbells 24 + NOTORIOUS No Repeat Full Body HIIT Workout No Equipment + No Jumping Options EPIC Heat - Day 35 (TOUGH! I was ready to be done!)

Saturday: CL #394 Strong Glutes And Thighs (GREAT! Cathe used green band; might have been able to use blue next time)

This week:
Monday: IRON Series 30 Min Superset Dumbbell Shoulder Workout 25 + CL #357 30 Minute Hiit Express (LOVED! Cathe shows modifications - low, high, medium; doable; HR up; just enough). I like adding Cathe with Caroline because I do Cathe's warm-up, then Caroline's, and finish with the rest of Cathe's. Cataddict, did you do this workout?
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 11:01 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Yesterday, I did a 4.6 mile steady state cardio walk on the bike/walk path. It was a beautiful, sunny and cool day.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 11:46 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Watulans!

manleym, yes I did do CL #357 HiiT Express. It was perfect for an "add on" to #295 Stepped Up bootcamp. I used my 4 inch step sometimes, sometimes not.

I'm getting very good at modifying, which is a good segue into my next workout---Cardio Interval Burn by Michele Dozois. She does have a "modifier" who only seems to modify when Michele says to watch her and it's not a good modification IMHO. Modifying doesn't always mean easier or lower in intensity. I've come to appreciate a good modifier when there is one. In all fairness, it appears that Michele just chooses one of her "regular" crew to modify and they aren't accustomed to doing it. Anyhoo, I got a good workout and plan to stick in a couple more of her workouts on cardio days for a change from Cathe. Thanks to FN1 for the inspiration to circle back to Michele for a change! The Peak workouts are her best efforts, IMHO, although she did a step workout back in the day that I really liked.

bee, my niece has a PhD in BioMechanical Engineering. Her focus recently has been on designing medical protocols for use in pathology and cancer research. Her work is so complicated that my teeny tiny mind was blown when she showed me some of the technical specs she was working on. She can pretty much work from anywhere now that she has a lot of experience and is in demand, and at this point the company she works for is fine with her living in SFO and coming to Boston once a month.

manley, I love the expression Pack Max! Sounds like a lot of work! Thanks for the suggestions on series to watch on PBS. We are so darn behind and it gets worse during baseball season, but I put them on My List on the PBS app so I don't forget about shows entirely. Did you watch Atlantic Crossing? It has Kyle McLachlan which is already a plus for me. It was a bit soapy but still the core of the real story was there and we enjoyed it.

TweenerW, sorry the Hokas didn't work for you. I so agree that at that price you should really love them. I don't have a pair myself as they also look gigantic on my long and narrow feet. I do have a couple of pairs of the Saucony Ride series. It so depends on one's foot! I need a neutral shoe with lots of cushion and the Ride works for me as does Brooks Ghost or Glycerin with an occasional Mizuno thrown in there. I have a ton of workout shoes, obviously. Over the years my foot has changed, but fortunately there is a local running store that takes the old shoes and gets them to people who need them in the U.S.

Chele, good work as always.

horusosiris, DH mentioned the Angels/Orioles series coming up in July I think so he is on board with us driving up there to see Ohtani. We also have to plan a trip to see the Wainwright/Pujols/Molina tour at some point. Of course we've seen all three in person many times, but this will be the last time they are all together with the Cardinals.

Aack I can't seem to write a short post!!

Waves and hugs to all!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in