Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-22, 06:13 PM  
ChelePA

Bee…I told my sister the same about home tests. Need symptoms Thanks for the info. Everyone is ok so far. Fingers crossed.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-22, 07:01 PM  
fanofladyvols

VVfer oh, that's good news !

ChelePA I hope you all are able to get together. My family will not ...gonna be a weird quiet holiday.

bee look up wrist, bicep and forearm stretches...it may help improve what your elbow experiences because that may be what is actually straining your joint. What I have learned is work with areas above and below the joint at issue and it has helped me tremendously. Stop and do those moves at any time during a set of exercises that incorporate that joint.

Happy Good Friday everyone!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-22, 02:55 PM  
ChelePA

My leg is very sore the last 2 days so no cardio today. Peloton 10 minutes core. 10 minutes light weights and arms. 20 minutes medium/heavy weights upper body. Then 5 minutes of stretching which was unique because he used a dumbbell in this class. Loved the variety!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-22, 03:09 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Yesterday was Margaret Richards' Getting Better legs. I can tell I'm out of practice with this one. Even though I've done it a zillion times. Those high reps will kill ya if you haven't done that in a while.

My hip is a bit sore today. I've been using lidocaine patches. I cut one in half and put one half in the front and one half in the back. I can't believe I haven't tried these sooner!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-22, 05:13 PM  
manleym

Hi Everyone!

KateTT, we all knew you would love Caroline's workouts. I'm glad you are finally trying them!

Cataddict, agree that STS 2.0 will be in 2023. Or at least I hope so. I don't want Cathe rushing just to get something out. Like ya'll, I would love a little something different, so I hope she doesn't rush production. Oh, speaking of Nancy the Countess in the LIVE workouts...I did Step Heat the other day and noticed a background exciser who looked like Nancy the Countess. I remember thinking, "she looks like Nancy from Cathe Live." When the workout was over I looked at the credits and one of the "Models" was Nancy Rauch. I wonder if it's the same Nancy?

Thanks for doing and mentioning the classics you've been doing. That was my inspiration to do Step Heat. Of course I thought of you when Cathe was saying "we're hot!" Thought it was also funny when Cathe said, "we're jammin'" and "feeling funky." Also noticed alot more "WOOS! & WOOO-OOOH!" than her later workouts. Guess she toned that down a bit. But I thought it was funny!

Kittybug, you were fierce way-back-when since you did Suzanne's workouts all at one time! And of course the one you mentioned is the one I don't have. I have her Barre Amped and a 10 Min Solution. I'll be on the hunt for Tighten, Tone, Torch.

Bee, sorry the house isn't going to work out. I know that's what you were expecting, but it's still disappointing to find something you love but it not work for hubby. And I borrowed from you and ChelePA because I did Cathe's Great Glutes warmup and cooldown for Caroline's workout. Great idea! And the EXACT same thing happens to me - my left elbow always starts to hurt and makes me fail sooner than my right. I could have written that! I haven't been able to make the imbalance better, so I just take a break if I need to. Funny that we both have the same issue! My left shoulder is also more wonky than my right. Notice it hurting and failing sooner than my right. Just added the Netflix Parks doc to my list. We watched "Coach Carter" last night and I'd recommend it. Based on a true story in Richmond, CA.

FOLV, Rockout Knockout was a go-to workout for me for such a long time! I used to do it quite frequently but it's been awhile. I should do it again soon to see if I still like it as much as I used to. Rock'm Sock'm is a good workout. You might want to read reviews and look for a clip. It could have been me that day.

Horusosiris, thanks for the Suzanne tip. I will probably do the workouts in segments since they are long. Sounds like I didn't miss anything with CL PHA #3. I did Caroline Thursday, so skipped CL this week.

VVFer, so glad you don't have a vertebral fracture! I know you were so relieved!

ChelePA, hope you are able to go to your sisters tomorrow. Easter is my favorite (and the most important) holiday for me. We went to the Tenebrae service last night and will go to early service tomorrow morning. Then we'll have a nice dinner - lamb shoulder, asparagus, good bottle of wine. I hope you have a good day! And everyone else too!

Going to end here so I don't get an error message. Will post workouts separately.

Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-22, 05:20 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Tuesday: 30 Minute Power Yoga Class - Five Parks Yoga (nice, quick flow) + Cathe Great Glutes WU + IRON Series 30 Min Quad Workout - Dumbbell Leg Day 6 + 20 Min Leg Workout Bulgarian Split Squats Lunges - Lower Body (JELLO LEGS! Tough done together; LOTS of lunges & squats)+ GG Stretch

Wednesday: 30 Min Yoga For Tight Hips Leg Day Stretch Charlie Follows (felt great!) + 5 Min Full Body Warm Up + IRON Series 30 Min Shoulders & Triceps Workout - Dumbbells Day 7 (LOVED! Perfect amount of shoulders & triceps) + 5 Min Upper Body Stretch After Workout Increase Upper Body Mobility & Recover Your Muscles

Thursday: Mr&Mrs Muscle Lower Body Warm Up 5 MIN Modifications Included + Caroline IRON Series 30 Min Glutes & Hamstrings Workout - Hip Thrusts RDL Day 8 + 20 MIN Glute Isolation Workout Activation or Finisher [Ankle Weights Optional] (BURNER!) + Daniela Suarez 10 Min Stretching Exercises For Sore Glutes & Legs Recover & Relax No Equipment

Friday: Mark Lauren YAYOG 1 all Intermediate - WU, TS, Ladders, CT, CD - nice cardio effect; definitely feel worked) + Cathe Step Heat (good SS workout; easy choreography; in the credits that one of the “Models” is Nancy Rauch; same counter Nancy in Lives?)

Saturday: Caroline EPIC 5 Minute Warm Up - Full Body+ IRON Series 30 Min Full Body Dumbbell Cardio Workout Day 9 (great metabolic) + Knockout HIIT Cardio Full Body Workout EPIC Endgame Day 25 (good cardio; not HIIT; her form isn’t 100%, especially kicks; forgets to change lead arm during hook/UC series; fine for those familiar with KBoxing and know good form) + Deep Stretch Yoga Class - 15 Minutes - Five Parks Yoga
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-22, 06:23 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All.

Linda, thanks much for the elbow help -- I will look for forearm and wrist stuff. I basically would take a break and start again or if it was close to the end of the minute I just finished early. It would not have occurred to me that I might be able to fix this so I appreciate you chiming in!!

Chele, I'm sorry to hear your leg is sore! Hope it feels better soon.

Vintage, I don't think I've ever been able to do Margaret enough to get used to her high reps -- she always slays me.

manleym, just watched the Coach Carter trailer -- it looks great! I told my son we should watch it when playoffs are finished and he said "Mom, I told you I wanted us to watch it already." spoken like a true adult child. Funny about Nancy in Step Heat -- I'm sure it must be her, right? I think I have that.... maybe I will pull it out one of these days.

I did the Glute/Hamstring Iron workout this morning. Wow, that was a lot. I had to mix things up a bit. I tried to do the one leg deadlifts, but I was worried about my form getting off, so I did two leg and then when she was doing the lunge/deadlift combo I did alternating back lunges followed by two deadlifts. It was a lot of repetition -- especially the way I did it.

Happy Easter!
Old 04-16-22, 08:49 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all,

Today I did Workout 1 of Mike Donavanik's Extreme HiiT--I think that was the title. At least HiiT was in the title lol. Anyhoo it wasn't exactly HiiT by my definition, but I didn't do some of the exercises that were too much impact. This is one that I don't think is for me. There were WAY too many squats, which I think he was doing to keep the heart rate high. I didn't go very low. There was a modifier, but still too many twists for me. It ended with an ab section to round out the 30 minutes. I really like Mike's demeanor, very encouraging and continuously pointing out the modifications that the female participant was demonstrating. I also liked the 30 minute time frame. **sigh** I just don't believe it's one that works for me now. So if anyone would like to try it, let me know and I'll send it along!

I also did Cathe's latest Live PHA workout. First off, I did modify of course (no deadlifts for me, pushups off the step and on my knees. lower step height for elevated lunges), but I've noticed that even when I was doing Cathe's PHA workouts full tilt that they did not keep my heart rate up. This one was no different, but I was okay with it. There were a few different variations of the exercises, but the same old, same old pullovers and deadlifts. I do wish she would show a substitute move for a deadlift so I could follow along. And she did more squats. Oy.

manleym, do you know for sure that Nancy Rauch is the same Nancy as the one who is the counter in the Lives? I don't really think they look like the same person, but then again I don't look the same as I did in the 90s either. Nancy Rauch is in several of the early Cathe step workouts. I just assumed she was a fitness participant "model" like Maria Latran.

ToddlerW, I don't think I would ever get used to doing high rep leg lifts, whether it's Margaret or Cathe or whoever. They kill me.

Darn, laptop battery almost dead. Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-22, 10:12 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quick drive-by post Watulans, to say to Bee and Manleym I TOO have the elbow issue, the same exact thing from the sounds of it!! FOLV, your post was so extremely helpful and something I had not really considered but will now investigate. THANK YOU!!

Hope to update more later...busy day!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-22, 06:12 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello!

This morning I did Iron #9 the Metabolic Full Body or whatever she calls it. This is the one where she put in a staple move (squat to shoulder press) every third set! That means you do a set of back rows, a second set of back rows, the staple move, chest press, chest press, staple move. Not in that order, but you get the idea. Ay yi yi it was a lot of squat to shoulder presses!!!!!! I went as heavy as I could on the non staple move and then started a little heavy with the staple move but ended up with 8 pounders about halfway through for that move and made it more cardio than strength. I cannot believe I made it through that workout and even the finisher because early on I was really thinking I'd bail early. This was not a favorite.

Hope everyone is surviving their Monday!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in